No plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No plate

What are your thoughts about riding around without your licence plate on. Yes I know its just asking for it from the cops but after doing some research it is only a $50 fine no points. What excuse can you use if pulled over?
    Raven1000RR

No excuse , cops dont do excuses.
    No plate = busted, while we are here . Yellow licky for you sir.
    Blow in this , any excuse they have they will use against you.

You aint gona out run them, trust me.

EDIT= You have a thou now right, then that might out run them, with the right rider.
    I say , dont do it.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

You might outrun the car...but you can't outrun the radio.

Comment

if it was anything like the time i rode my RS into the city to have it inspected for licensing it for the first time, with no temp moving permit (could'nt be arsed) and a cop on a bike pulls along side you on the freeway, they willl....

give you a big thumbs up and then ride off :-)

Comment

Ha! You pimp Nathan.
          Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

They will screw you for everything they can if you have nothing there...

But if you have a bit of plate still bolted there you can do the "holy shit it's busted and fallen off"...

But then you have to go thru the effort to get a new plate...and you can't go getting a new plate every week, that would be suss...

Comment

How about just riding to the posted speeds then it doesn't matter if you have a plate on your bike!!!

Comment

I once rode my bike from Coolgardie to Kalgoirlie after the plate was stolen from the bike. Before I rode the bike I made a report to the local cop shop so that if I got stopped I had a report number that could be checked. The officer that took the report suggested that I ride straight home and not ride until the plate was replaced.

I knew that if I got pulled over I was up for a fine, but as I had to get home it was a risk that I was prepared to take.

I was also told by the cop that it was not uncommon for plates to be stolen and put onto unregistered road trail bikes so that people can ride to various trail areas without appearing too obvious that the bike is unregistered.

The plate was found a couple of weeks later.....

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bealz View Post
                  You might outrun the car...but you can't outrun the radio.
                  Or the helicopter
                  RIP ADRIAN LEE
                  16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
                  I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

It was said on here a while ago that the fine for not having a plate is way bigger than that for having an obscured plate. The obscured plate fine being $50.
                    Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      But if you have a bit of plate still bolted there you can do the "holy shit it's busted and fallen off"...

But then you have to go thru the effort to get a new plate...and you can't go getting a new plate every week, that would be suss...
                      But you could amazingly 'find' the plate sitting on your driveway when you get back home!

Comment

once you've been riding a while you learn that there is a time and a place for these things and in time you can actually get pretty good at avoiding persecution/prosecution, at a guess my odds have been somewhere around 1 in 100 of getting caught doing something stupid in recent years.

If i were to remove my plate the chances of an altercation/transaction with a WAPOL representative on sighting my transgression or mere presence increase hundredfold, time and place will no longer matter and what could have been a simple tag and release operation becomes an expensive and longwinded process rectifying a defect notice or appearing in court.
                        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Did I see you splitting without your number plate on Roe hwy the other week?
                          SP RACINGis supported by:
                          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Reminds me of the prawn leaving cockburn central the other night on a hyo 250 (accompanied by proper bikes) reaching down to cover his plate with disc holder, Heh seasoned PSBer.

Comment

^^^^ I was there to. Haha. On my ninja 250.. Does that mean I have a 'proper' bike? =]
                              "Listen, smile, agree. And then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do in the first place." — Robert Downey JR

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know." — United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

Comment

Working...
                              X