Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR250X Mirrors.

Hey guys,

im buying a WR250X soon, i love the way it looks and from what i hear they are a really fun bike to ride, but what i don't like is the mirrors. I was wondering if anybody else has the same problem, and if so, do they have any recommendations for replacements, i've had a look around and only ones i've found are the powermadd handguard mirrors, but they dont look like they are that effective. (bar ends arent an option as im going to fit armor handguards and protector shields).

Thanks
    "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
    Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Bike mirrors very rarely are effective imho especially on a single cylinder bike

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

What is your budget? And how effective do you want them to be?

These rock

HDB Billet Handguards

Or Ducati Hypermotard mirrors, I have them on my tard and they are awesome.
      Please don't ask questions you clearly know the fucking answer to, you smarmy prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
        Bike mirrors very rarely are effective imho especially on a single cylinder bike

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
        They usually suck when they're pointing at the ground
        Please don't ask questions you clearly know the fucking answer to, you smarmy prick.

Comment

I did think of the hypermotard mirrors, but i heard they were super expensive
          "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."

Comment

Originally posted by Towlybear View Post
            I did think of the hypermotard mirrors, but i heard they were super expensive
            ebay is your friend.

Comment

i reckon bar end mirrors suck cos they make your bike wider when your spearing traffic. on my tard i have mirrors on the bars but no arms on them so you look under your elbows. they rarely get used and all mirrors generally suck cos they vibe like your missus favourite toy once you start up anyway
              Yes officer, I did see the speed limit sign. I just didn't see YOU!

Comment

ah ok, yeh im gonna chuck on some zeta bent handguards with a shield on the front, was thinking some of those or maybe some cheap aftermarket ones off ebay that go where the stock ones go. Do the stock mirrors vibrate badly as well?

Comment

Hey Towlybear - did you ever get that WRX? im trying to find out what size bar they are for handguards - 18mm?? ?

Comment

Nah i ended up buying a hyo (good choice for commuting up the freeway, but i still wish i'd bought the WR) Yeah im fairly sure they're 18mm handguards. Google it and find out, there are a lot of forum discussions on wr250x mods etc

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon14 View Post
                      Hey Towlybear - did you ever get that WRX? im trying to find out what size bar they are for handguards - 18mm?? ?
                      7/8th bars but do your self a favour and swap the stock bars for some protapers before you get handguards. Stock bars are weak as sh*t. Dropped mine while I've had the new bars and didn't have any problems.
                      That bitch took my dollar...

Comment

Originally posted by j-mac View Post
                        7/8th bars but do your self a favour and swap the stock bars for some protapers before you get handguards. Stock bars are weak as sh*t. Dropped mine while I've had the new bars and didn't have any problems.
                        Cheers ill probably get some Protapers then... anysuggestions? mainly personal preference but hey... also where to get some?

Edit: Oversize / Fatbar a good idea? will they still fit all the shyt that has to go on? and will be getting handlebar ends not full handguards..

Comment

I put fatbar risers on mine then a set of Renthal fat bars. For mirrors I got some cheapie bar end mirrors of eBay then removed the bit that goes into the bar and the clamp itself fit around the bar just before the switch gear so the mirror was hanging on the underside of the bar. Found this way I was able to see more as I could see between my arm and torso to see what was behind me.
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon14 View Post
                            Cheers ill probably get some Protapers then... anysuggestions? mainly personal preference but hey... also where to get some?

Edit: Oversize / Fatbar a good idea? will they still fit all the shyt that has to go on? and will be getting handlebar ends not full handguards..
                            I haven't tried the fatbars, but as far as I'm aware you'd have to change the risers as per [MENTION=14387]MrMike[/MENTION]. My 7/8" bars have copped a fair hiding and haven't budged. I also did the underslung Ebay mirror thing and found that they slimmed down the looks of the front end but also provided decent rear vision.

If you're just going to do bar ends, I'd say you may as well go all the way and stick handguards on. The retention system for bar ends and handguards is virtually the same. It resembles a dynabolt that lodges in the end of the bar and expands to form an interference fit with the inside of the bar. Not sure how, but I've seen a 250x with handguards and bar ends at the same time.
                            That bitch took my dollar...

Comment

Working...
                            X