Cold mornings & fogged up specs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold mornings & fogged up specs!

Now the colder weather's here I have a problem with my specs fogging up when Iï؟½m stationary. I fitted a pinlock anti-fog thingy to my visor which solved the foggy visor problem.. Somebody at work suggested rain-x, I havenï؟½t tried it yet, just wonder if anyone has any other suggestions?

You only live once, but live right and once is enough......

Flip your visor up as you slow down to stop, letting the warm air out. Works for me. May not work if you have something warm wrapped around your mouth that pushes your breath straight up under the glasses..
    Come back Jeremy, it was only a joke.

Comment

Contacts?
      Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Or try an anti fog mask. They were really popular in England, not sure about here, but you can source them online.

OXFORD HUFF ANTI FOG MASK - Sydney City Motorcycles

or try ebay.
        Come back Jeremy, it was only a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezzabelle View Post
          Now the colder weather's here I have a problem with my specs fogging up when Iï؟½m stationary. I fitted a pinlock anti-fog thingy to my visor which solved the foggy visor problem.. Somebody at work suggested rain-x, I havenï؟½t tried it yet, just wonder if anyone has any other suggestions?

Hi Jezzabelle
          Have had a few people come in last year ruining a perfectly good pair of specs using anti-fog treatments suitable for visors but not a multicoated spec lens. I get around this and most people do with the previous suggestion of just clicking the visor up one notch to let the warm air out. Contacts are another option and are really a person-by-person thing but could be worth a shot if you haven't been there before. I also fit another lens system called ortho-k which allows you to wear a retainer contact lens overnight so you can see clearly through the day without specs or contacts. Hope that helps.

Comment

tried an optometrists for something like .....

Eyewear Products (pg14) | Visionsafe

they would have anti fog sprays for prescription glasses, i've been to lazy to go look myself i use one of these.....
            Dri Rider Thermal Fogg Off - Motorcyclemart
            once you get the nose bit adjusted right it works well
            Percute et Percute Velociter
            Vini Vidi Squishi

Comment

I know you can get prescription mx goggles
              Would be cool to see the same in visors
              Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by specialK View Post
                Hi Jezzabelle
                Have had a few people come in last year ruining a perfectly good pair of specs using anti-fog treatments suitable for visors but not a multicoated spec lens. I get around this and most people do with the previous suggestion of just clicking the visor up one notch to let the warm air out. Contacts are another option and are really a person-by-person thing but could be worth a shot if you haven't been there before. I also fit another lens system called ortho-k which allows you to wear a retainer contact lens overnight so you can see clearly through the day without specs or contacts. Hope that helps.
                I have always been curious about the Ortho-K system but don't really know much about it or how much it costs. Is there anything that you can tell me about it?

Comment

Toothpaste inside the visor. In all seriousness, i use toothpastes whenever i go paintballing on the visors. doesn't fog up at all. Don't believe me? Notice your bathroom mirror fog's up from your hot shower / water from shaving etc??? try some toothpaste on it. should stop whenever you've applied it.
                  "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali

Comment

The Mase is on the ball.

I use toothpaste when snorkelling on my mask rubbers and lens. You can also get commercially available sprays for it as well. Pretty much what it does it clean that thin layer of "stuff" (oils, dirts etc) that collects on the lens and the moisture adheres to.

The other option is to spit on it (like you do with snorkel masks when you forget the toothpaste).

Comment

Originally posted by The Mase View Post
                      Toothpaste inside the visor. In all seriousness, i use toothpastes whenever i go paintballing on the visors. doesn't fog up at all. Don't believe me? Notice your bathroom mirror fog's up from your hot shower / water from shaving etc??? try some toothpaste on it. should stop whenever you've applied it.
                      they're not talking about the visor.

Comment

Toothpaste is a fine abrasive, and not good for the coatings on glasses.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Tooth paste is used to clean the film of dive masks when new
                          to stop fogging i use spit or anti fog
                          not sure that either will work on glasses but you can try
                          In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            Toothpaste is a fine abrasive, and not good for the coatings on glasses.
                            Bit of a derp moment there myself actually. Good point.

Go find the anti-fog spray instead. I'm sure optometrists would stock it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezzabelle View Post
                              Check out this thread - conversation becomes almost identical....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...visors-127405/
                              Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Working...
                              X