Kalgoorlie solo run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalgoorlie solo run...

I'm going to Kal on sunday since work pays 53c per km & double time for it being a sunday drive its worth my while *grin*

I've only been up there once and that was in a Hilux... road seemed pretty good and there was plenty of warning before u ran over roadkill.
    I'll be going fairly early in the morning...

Anyone done a solo 680km run like that?? during that sorta heat (37C I think sunday)??

Besides taking shitloads of water anyone got any pointers?

Cheers..
    Will you insure me?!

buy a goldwing and have some phat beats and air con and shit!!

*owweee's for the sore anus**

FROM RIDING!!!!

sicko's

DUBS

Comment

kal run

Just watch your speed around Merridin and the next town out, cant remember the name of it but is really small town with a cop that has nothing to do all day but catch speeders. Other than that it is a pretty good run. Bit less than 680 km though i think. Bout 520?

Comment

Cover up, dont get wind or sun burn but make sure you have vents or you'll boil

But in any event you get stuck in a situation, remember.. a mirage is only a mirage if you wake up the next day and realise it wasnt real. Those hot bikini chix out in the desert are well worth it!
        mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

hahah

If I see bikini chicks I might try and recruit em for the PE babes???
          MMMmmmm Hay Street LOL, I think those babes charge per hour and can hide umbrelas let alone hold em
          Will you insure me?!

Comment

Watch out for Dawn and Dusk, cause that's when those lovely Roos come out to feed
            Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Re: Kalgoorlie solo run...

I'm going to Kal on sunday since work pays 53c per km & double time for it being a sunday drive its worth my while *grin*

I've only been up there once and that was in a Hilux... road seemed pretty good and there was plenty of warning before u ran over roadkill.
              I'll be going fairly early in the morning...

Anyone done a solo 680km run like that?? during that sorta heat (37C I think sunday)??

Besides taking shitloads of water anyone got any pointers?

Cheers..
              Rode to Merriden and back again one day for fun when it was 43 degrees. :roll: Make sure you cover up or you will get wind burnt! 8)
              Skippy's aren't your biggest worry its our country constabulary that are infesting that long straight boring road :evil:
              .....every dog has his day.....

Comment

definately watch out for the cop in kellerberrin, cause he loves to fine all and sundry..... my brother has a ticket for almost every trip he ever made through there

Comment

I've only done a solo 200km north was about 2-3hrs (dont remember how long) but damnnn make sure you dont get BEEEEEEEESSSSSSS in da REDNECK

Comment

i rode there a few times on a gpz 900 in real hot weather make sure ya wear a jacket and gloves or ya will get toasted drink lotsa water

yes some cops are bastards others are cool i passed a paddy wagen at about 160 km/ph and when i saw him when i pulled over for feul he said as long as ya not doing breakneck speed ya should be right.
                    sat on 160 all the way the 2 times i went up there.
                    had to stop 2 times for fuel as well.

good road as the raod works should almost be complete
                    Is Dead

Comment

Hey FraG, ride safe mate.

Comment

Watch out for for Constable Filgate from Kellerberrin
                        He nailed me for speeding on Friday 7th on the way back from Kal
                        Middle of nowhere, 3 laned hwy way b/fore Merriden
                        128 in a 110 zone and by the time I realised it was a cop he already had his lights on coming the other way
                        dont know if he has a recent radar acurracy certificate
                        as I was goin nuts from all the flies and heat on the side of
                        the road waiting for the ticket and lic. check deal
                        Could of been worse tho

Comment

Well I made it up here..
                          I won't say how long it took me as it may be used in court of law

Heh put it this way I sloooowed down just before Coolgardie and after my first corner I pass a cop at 120ish then 2 corners later I get pulled over by a cop for doing 125ish...

He took my license down and basically said have a nice day.. I didn't get a infringement notice so I assume it was just a warning?

He pulled up another guy infornt of me and did the same thing... ???

My back tyre is fubar tho so it looks like I have to spend all the $$ I made on the trip on a decent set of tyres .. oh well... I don't think I'll ever make the trip on a bike again tho.. most boaring ride you can go on... all straight pretty much
                          Will you insure me?!

Comment

don't forget to say Hi to the Hay St babes for us!

you should put a PE sticker on one of those pink booth.

Comment

don't forget to say Hi to the Hay St babes for us!

you should put a PE sticker on one of those pink booth.

NOOOoooo and I have a digi cam right here too....
                              hehe oh well next time.
                              Will you insure me?!

Comment

Working...
                              X