LAMS question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAMS question.

Hey guy's I'm going to be moving interstate later this year , I'm not sure exactly where though it would depend where the Army wants me. I'm on my 250 license at the moment and I've got a Daytona 675R on it's way which I was going to ride on my L's. When I get my Full license will I be able to ride it over there? I seem to remember reading that the power to weight restrictions apply to big bike's for new riders or it's coming in to some state's? I could be wrong and stressing for no reason, but if this is the case I will have to cancel my order (It's meant to arrive in August) and buy a smaller bike :s.

Cheeers

No way the Daytona is LAMS legal anywhere in the country.
    LAMS covers up to 660cc, and the 675 will be way over the power to weight ratio
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

If you have a full R licence at the time it will transfer as a full R licence. As for a R-E licence transfer, I have no idea.
      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

So how long do you have to wait after getting your "R" license before you can ride any bike?

Comment

LAMS is only for the R-E period though, If you get your full licence you would be able to ride it over there. Until you get R-Class you would have to ride it on your L's with a shadow like normal.

Comment

Learners are not a licence and are not valid interstate. Can't be transferred, you have to get another one over there.
            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by eskylid View Post
              So how long do you have to wait after getting your "R" license before you can ride any bike?
              Have you read any of the conditions of having a bike license?

Comment

Check the dept of transport sites for whichever state you may be going to. They usually have an up to date list of bikes that qualify for LAMS. As for your Duke, no go for LAMS approval. Rule of thumb is that any bike with an R like GSX650R, CBR600R, R6, etc even if under the 650cc limit, then forget it.

If you have a full R license here and transfer interstate then no restrictions so your Daytona would be ok.
                "When you're one step ahead of the pack you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead you're a crackpot", Rabbi Shlomo Riskin (1998).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outoftherough/

Comment

What do you mean? My understanding was that you ride your 250 for a year then you can take the test to ride a bigger bike. My question is in other state's when I pass my test for a big bike license will I have to ride a restricted big bike, or is it the same as here where once you've got your open class you can ride any bike. I just had a feeling it might be different over east.

Comment

Once you pass the test for a big bike then no restrictions on the bike you ride - so long as it's road legal. Use the Duc young Skywalker.
                    "When you're one step ahead of the pack you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead you're a crackpot", Rabbi Shlomo Riskin (1998).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outoftherough/

Comment

Originally posted by Intherough View Post
                      Once you pass the test for a big bike then no restrictions on the bike you ride - so long as it's road legal. Use the Duc young Skywalker.
                      Yeah thanks for that, that's the answer I wanted. I'll just leave the beast in my parents shed until I've got my open class over east. Which will be in Febuary, time will fly by as i'll be training hard for 6 months.

Cheers Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X