Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To buy or not to buy, that is the question!

Hey Guys,

I am a newbie bike rider and have picked out the 2011 CBR250R as the bike I want to buy. I have not yet got my licence but have my L's and have done six lessons and have another booked in on Satuday afternoon. I am getting a bit of pressure from the dealer to sign up for the bike on saturday (when I will be at Causeway for the MAD bike reveal) but am a little cautious as I havent riden that model yet. Can any of you seasoned professionals give me some insight into the pros and cons of getting a bike before I sit my test?
    Originally posted by Deej
    If I say that I have the power of Superman, it's up to me to show you I can jump a tall building in a single bound. I can't just say "prove I'm not faster than a speeding bullet then mutha fukkaaaa!".

Ride it first before signing. Its not like they will have 'sold out' of them before you get your licence.
    Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
    Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

I am getting a bit of pressure from the dealer to sign up for the bike on saturday
      Why? (aside from the fact they're trying to make money)

Comment

Buying a bike before sitting your practical test is fine, as long as you ensure you have the appropriate shadows whenever you use the bike. Do not be pressured into signing up for a bike if you don't want it yet. Make sure you are happy with everything, both in terms of the bike, and the deal in purchasing, as well as your own finances and insurance.
        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Apparently once the boxed one in stock sells it is a 5 week wait for another one. My lesson on Saturday is on the same bike. My concerns of not being able to get it home and not having riden it before werent really answered as much as they were dismissed. I am finding the same sort of pushyness with most the dealers I have spoken to.
          If I say that I have the power of Superman, it's up to me to show you I can jump a tall building in a single bound. I can't just say "prove I'm not faster than a speeding bullet then mutha fukkaaaa!".

Comment

I bought a bike when I was overseas, the dealer got it delivered to a place I requested, so they can do that at the least I'm sure
            Fuck this, lets ride

Comment

Originally posted by Rosiemiss View Post
              Apparently once the boxed one in stock sells it is a 5 week wait for another one. My lesson on Saturday is on the same bike. My concerns of not being able to get it home and not having riden it before werent really answered as much as they were dismissed. I am finding the same sort of pushyness with most the dealers I have spoken to.
              Of course, they are in turn pressured to make the sale by their boss, it's the way it works.
              And if they are feeding you the "it's a 5 week wait, we have the last in WA just for you" tell them to bash it.

Comment

There are many Honda shops in Perth. Causeway is not the only game in town.
                About being pressured, I didnt find that to be the case with the sales guys I have met but I may be lucky.
                If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Also don't feel obliged to grab a NEW bike, plenty of second hand 250's out there with low K's that will save you enough to buy ALL your good quality safety gear as well as the bike for the same money, expect to save $1.5-2k on new bike price for something a year old
                  Just depends on your current plans for future upgrades to big bike or not

Comment

The same abovementioned Honda dealership also told me that the 'limited edition' Honda CBR600 in orange on their showroom floor was the last of a limited release of 6 only into WA. Further trips to 2 other Honda dealerships proved they were full of s**t, with one dealer telling me not only did they have one in stock but could put more on order whenever they wanted to!

In short, dont be pressured...I work in the car industry and it is a tactic to get you to buy 'out of stock' that a lot of places use.

At the end of the day, if you aren't happy with the dealer, dont buy from them. There is nothing worse than investing your money in a dealership you dont trust. I would rather pay an extra couple of hundred dollars at a place I trust than saving some money and buying off a dickhead!
                    Originally posted by devolved
                    I did once have a chick yell "Take me with you" as I rode past on my GT250 once, I can only imagine the chick-pulling power of the 650.

Comment

I have got all my safety gear already (im an online shop-a-holic) and definitly want a new bike as I don't see myself wanting to upgrade to anything bigger for quite a while. Can any of you suggest dealers where I wont be bullshitted and can get a decent deal? Thanks

Comment

For Everyone who dosent by a new bike this year, God will kill a kitten.
                        No pressure
                        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Umm try Justin at West Coast Honda Joondalup. I know its a trek from Bibra Lake but he shoots fairly straight and wont mess you around.

Im sure if you ask nicely you will find a shadow to pick up your new machine and bring it back at some point too...
                          I did once have a chick yell "Take me with you" as I rode past on my GT250 once, I can only imagine the chick-pulling power of the 650.

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                            For Everyone who dosent by a new bike this year, God will kill a kitten.
                            No pressure

Comment

the deal you get is the one you're obviously happy enough to sign on the dotted line so the ball is in your court, but given it's a new bike, and you're not trading anything in there isn't much room to move, however, you can try and get them to toss in maybe your first service or 2, or maybe some bling on the bike at a heavily discounted price.
                              good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X