1996 gsxr 600??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 gsxr 600??

Hello, i have been looking at bikes and have come across what is written by the seller as a 96 gsxr 600. The all knowing wikipedia says they didnt start there new run after a break untill 97, yet google 96 gsxr 600 and there are plenty of results. Would it be a 97 or is wiki wrong? Also are they a ok first proper bike/ known issues. Thankyou.

Not sure about the years but I had a 99 GSXR 600 as my first bike and loved it! Never had any major problems, the cam chain is a pretty common one and once mine hit about 60000 I had to sink a couple of grand into it but had 6 years almost trouble free riding before that!

Comment

Could be a 97 model, plated in late 96?

IMHO, the 600 class is an ideal "my first sports bike" - i've had a ball on mine.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
      X