Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On road costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On road costs

    What does 'On Road Costs' mean when you're buying a bike through a dealership?

    I'm assuming it's getting the bike licensed/over the pits, stamp duty, and 6 months rego right?

  • #2
    That was my assumption...licence, stamp & rego...

    Comment


    • #3
      Plus "dealer delivery fee" which some places charge too.

      EDIT: for new bikes...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Magic8Ball@Jan 8 2006, 01:26 PM
        That was my assumption...licence, stamp & rego...
        [snapback]211095[/snapback]
        So if I've been charged bike price + stamp duty ($500), that means the final price I pay to the dealership is all that I need to pay, and nothing more to the DPI?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 8 2006, 02:05 PM
          So if I've been charged bike price + stamp duty ($500), that means the final price I pay to the dealership is all that I need to pay, and nothing more to the DPI?
          [snapback]211106[/snapback]

          does the dealer provide six months rego??? You pay the dealership for the bike only don't you??? Then you sort out the rego and stamp duty of your own accord... Not sure though... Never bought from a dealer!!!

          With rego you get CTP (compulsory third party) then you gotta go and get your own insurance as well...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by offtheshelf@Jan 8 2006, 02:10 PM
            does the dealer provide six months rego??? You pay the dealership for the bike only don't you??? Then you sort out the rego and stamp duty of your own accord... Not sure though... Never bought from a dealer!!!

            With rego you get CTP (compulsory third party) then you gotta go and get your own insurance as well...
            [snapback]211107[/snapback]
            Brank spankin' new bike - can't get it licensed without paying for Rego/CTP.
            Stamp duty is only payable at 2.75% of the purchase price of the vehicle, which is just under $200 - so I'm hoping that the bike comes with 6 months rego, otherwise they've had a serious overcharged on the stamp duty. I'll just have to wait and see, but from what others are saying it seems that they've bundled the rego/stamp duty/pits into the one stamp duty charge.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 8 2006, 02:16 PM
              Brank spankin' new bike - can't get it licensed without paying for Rego/CTP.
              Stamp duty is only payable at 2.75% of the purchase price of the vehicle, which is just under $200 - so I'm hoping that the bike comes with 6 months rego, otherwise they've had a serious overcharged on the stamp duty.* I'll just have to wait and see, but from what others are saying it seems that they've bundled the rego/stamp duty/pits into the one stamp duty charge.
              [snapback]211111[/snapback]

              probs best to jump onto it and find out bro... here's hoping that that is all thats happened...

              good luck with it but give em a call and find out... probs the best thing to do yeah...

              Comment


              • #8
                I have always assumed on road cost refers to licence, stamp duty, rego and deal delivery
                Might be wrong though <_<
                It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  onroad is all your 6 months rego stamp duty and third party it just all part of buying the bike
                  Kooka
                  Brett Lee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    On Road means that all is included to legally get the bike on the road and it&#39;s not legal if it&#39;s not registered etc etc.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yep, includes the 6months rego - all up around the $500 mark - but if you are financing the bike you will have to have comprehensive insurance, though this might also be factored into your repayments... if you paid cash, then just the $500 to put it on the road...
                      I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 8 2006, 05:29 PM
                        Yep, includes the 6months rego - all up around the $500 mark - but if you are financing the bike you will have to have comprehensive insurance, though this might also be factored into your repayments... if you paid cash, then just the $500 to put it on the road...
                        [snapback]211181[/snapback]
                        Yeah, paying cash from the savings, and putting what would be repayments back into the account. Works out to cost me less in the long run. Don&#39;t think fully comp insurance will be worth it (another $1300+$900 excess!).

                        I&#39;m getting really impatient to go out for a ride now. My old bike has gone, so even something docile down to the shops isn&#39;t on the books...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeh Jonchilds, nothing else to pay...

                          Youre getting the same bike from the same shop as me and it was 7k ride away with all licencing, stamp etc and 6 months rego included.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 8 2006, 05:52 PM
                            Yeah, paying cash from the savings, and putting what would be repayments back into the account.* Works out to cost me less in the long run.* Don&#39;t think fully comp insurance will be worth it (another $1300+$900 excess!).*

                            I&#39;m getting really impatient to go out for a ride now.* My old bike has gone, so even something docile down to the shops isn&#39;t on the books...
                            [snapback]211190[/snapback]
                            I tend to not be a fan of overpriced insurance, however.............if you hit almost any newish car, and it&#39;s your fault (don&#39;t tell me this doesn&#39;t happen.....) and all other things being equal, you&#39;ll have wished you&#39;d taken out insurance. Hit a luxury car and....................

                            Just a thought.

                            I took out insurance on my new bike as it was financed. I&#39;m glad I did. The stupidity of a car driver suddenly stopping (where he had no right to, and for no apparent reason) whilst I was doing a head-check left me with a $5900 repair bill on my bike. The bike didn&#39;t actually hit the car (though I did) so the car had no damage. The law says that if you hit the rear of a vehicle it is your fault. I was charged with undue care and attention, therefore............this years insurance has payed for itself.

                            peace
                            "The theatre is the finest medium of intercourse between nations. It reveals their most cherished aspirations. If only these aspirations were revealed more often...the nations would shake hands, and lift their caps, instead of training guns on each other." Konstantin Stanislavsky

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maybe look at third party property insurance. It&#39;s usually cheap, and covers you for any damage you cause to anybody else.

                              Does anybody still do third party fire & theft insurance?
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X