Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there Plain clothes Police bikes in WA?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there Plain clothes Police bikes in WA?

Walking past the East Perth traffic operations place mid afternoon today I saw a current model blue R1 come out followed by 2 cop bikes. I looked but couldn't see any lights in the front screen but then again the lights can be pretty tiny. Are the police here using plain bikes? It may just be one of them going off duty but I thought it a bit strange that they took off in the same direction. Anyone got any ideas?

Originally posted by Rod@Jan 8 2006, 09:35 PM
    Walking past the East Perth traffic operations place mid afternoon today I saw a current model blue R1 come out followed by 2 cop bikes.* I looked but couldn't see any lights in the front screen but then again the lights can be pretty tiny.* Are the police here using plain bikes?* It may just be one of them going off duty but I thought it a bit strange that they took off in the same direction.* Anyone got any ideas?
    [snapback]211327[/snapback]

here come the rumors about the Police R1's

Were they headed to the freeway by any chance? might have just been a coincidence, but would be nice to know if there are indeed some unmarked bikes about

Comment

I would imagine a fair few of the bike cops ride bikes themselves.....

He was probably just knocking off work.

Comment

Originally posted by CB Boy@Jan 8 2006, 10:01 PM
        I would imagine a fair few of the bike cops ride bikes themselves.....

He was probably just knocking off work.
        [snapback]211350[/snapback]
        I second that
        It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Comment

Well, I serviced an '05 R1 for a cop last week...........so at least one of them owns a current model one.

peace
          "The theatre is the finest medium of intercourse between nations. It reveals their most cherished aspirations. If only these aspirations were revealed more often...the nations would shake hands, and lift their caps, instead of training guns on each other." Konstantin Stanislavsky

Comment

im sure he always does the speed limit.
            My other Kawasaki is an Eclectus Parrot.

Comment

I hope there is no plain bikes in Perth... ill be screwed.

Comment

i'm thinking its just a co-inkydink they were heading the same direction, they do have bikes of their own after all

Comment

Yes, heading down plain street to the Polly Farmer. I looked hard to see any lights as it went straight by me at fairly low speed but didn't see any so it probably was one going off duty.

So probably a false alarm but if an older, slightly rounded guy on a current R1 lines you up at the lights don't race him....

Comment

Originally posted by Rod@Jan 8 2006, 11:51 PM
                    Yes, heading down plain street to the Polly Farmer.* I looked hard to see any lights as it went straight by me at fairly low speed but didn't see any so it probably was one going off duty.

So probably a false alarm but if an older, slightly rounded guy on a current R1 lines you up at the lights don't race him....*
                    [snapback]211421[/snapback]
                    R1 cool he will probably stack it so shouldnt be a prob

Comment

WAPol currently do not have any unmarked bikes.
                      But remember some WAPol officers who ride do take the 24/7 on duty thing seriously!

Comment

Probably off up the freeway to get some more "243KMH Maniac" photo's for the next media release, lol.

Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

I dont believe there are undercover bikes. Some of actually have cops as friends/relos AND associate/ride with them in public :o
                          222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphen@Jan 9 2006, 07:06 AM
                            Probably off up the freeway to get some more "243KMH Maniac" photo's for the next media release, lol.
                            [snapback]211484[/snapback]
                            Aha! A conspiracy!

Comment

Definately off duty.

I saw him rock up to East Perth today actually whilst taking my car over the pits.

Comment

Working...
                              X