Me New Gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me New Gear

Got a NEW 2-piece Dainese leather suit in Singapore for S$1000 (about A$820) and Gaerne boots for S$250 (about A$205)

Also tried the Aplinestar Venom 2-piece leather suit which was going for S$1200 (about A$985).

Singapore is truly a shoppers paradise!

[attachmentid=1704]

[attachmentid=1706]

[attachmentid=1707]

http://www.aplaccounting.com.au

Seragoon Road?
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Jan 8 2006, 11:13 PM
      Seragoon Road?
      [snapback]211392[/snapback]

Alpinestar was in Serangoon Rd, but Dainese and Gaerne in Bendemeer, which is about 15 mins straight down Serangoon Rd (if there's no traffic jam).

Comment

Noice looking suit

Comment

put it on & twirl for us!

Comment

Go Singapore shopping!!!
            Everything is negotiable and shopping is good!!
            Sorry to say living there is not so good
            It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Comment

Originally posted by spindle@Jan 8 2006, 11:16 PM
              Alpinestar was in Serangoon Rd, but Dainese and Gaerne in Bendemeer, which is about 15 mins straight down Serangoon Rd (if there's no traffic jam).
              [snapback]211395[/snapback]
              I think I know the shops you are talking about, the shop on Serangoon Rd is called Ah Boy, cant remember the name of the shop in Seragoon though...but I hope you haggled for prices!!
              It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 8-ball@Jan 9 2006, 12:47 PM
                I think I know the shops you are talking about, the shop on Serangoon Rd is called Ah Boy, cant remember the name of the shop in Seragoon though...but I hope you haggled for prices!!
                [snapback]211652[/snapback]

Yes the distributor of Alpinestar is Ah Boy. Just ask any biker in Singapore and he'll be able to give you directions to his shop.

The distributor for Dainese is JR in Bendemeer.

Comment

Originally posted by spindle@Jan 9 2006, 12:59 PM
                  Yes the distributor of Alpinestar is Ah Boy. Just ask any biker in Singapore and he'll be able to give you directions to his shop.

The distributor for Dainese is JR in Bendemeer.
                  [snapback]211658[/snapback]
                  Yup thanks I know both those shops, I used to shop at Ah Boy about 11 years ago...good ol Ah Boy...got to love the name of the shop

Comment

Originally posted by 8-ball@Jan 9 2006, 12:45 PM
                    Go Singapore shopping!!!
                    Everything is negotiable and shopping is good!!
                    Sorry to say living there is not so good
                    [snapback]211651[/snapback]
                    Hmmm, perhaps a good reason to try and organise a working holiday to Singapore again - been about 2 years since my last one - and yeah, even though I like Singapore a lot, I doubt that I would want to live there - 5 days there the last time was enough for me...
                    I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Now Spindle ... all you need is the trackday ticket so you can wear it in anger.
                      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I would really like to be there. Let me tally up my holiday expenses tonight and see if I've got any more $$$ left to for the trackday.

Comment

Nice Dude,

I'm Off to Singapore NExt tuesday (17th) and will most definately spend some time gear shopping. One question tho, how are they with Giant-sized gear? I would think it kinda rare over there?

I'm sure that If I dont spend all my money on Motorcycle gear, I'm staying opposite Funan Mall, So i'm going to come back broke anyway.

Besides those mentioned, are they any other "must see's" in terms of Bike gear? I remember a thread like this earlier (I'll search in a sec) but up-to-date info would be great

EDIT:> I think this was the thread I was looking for:
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/psb/index....54&hl=singapore

anything else anyone could think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammytrailor@Jan 9 2006, 09:15 PM
                            Nice Dude,

I'm Off to Singapore NExt tuesday (17th) and will most definately spend some time gear shopping. One question tho, how are they with Giant-sized gear? I would think it kinda rare over there?

I'm sure that If I dont spend all my money on Motorcycle gear, I'm staying opposite Funan Mall, So i'm going to come back broke anyway.

Besides those mentioned, are they any other "must see's" in terms of Bike gear? I remember a thread like this earlier (I'll search in a sec) but up-to-date info would be great

EDIT:> I think this was the thread I was looking for:
                            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/psb/index....54&hl=singapore

anything else anyone could think of?
                            [snapback]211924[/snapback]
                            There are a few really big bike shops there worth a look, you may find something you like, things like screens are really cheap there...I am not very sure but there used to be heaps of bikes at a 24 hour food joint at Thompson or Pasar Panjang...if you can get a hold of a big bike rider, ask them about bike related stuff...I am sure they will be willing to have a chat with you

The best time to shop in Singapore is mid-year during the Big Singapore Sale, just about the whole country is on sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Sammytrailor@Jan 9 2006, 09:15 PM
                              One question tho, how are they with Giant-sized gear? I would think it kinda rare over there?
                              [snapback]211924[/snapback]
                              Asian countries aren't 'big' on big gear - shit I am 5'7" in the old money and when I was in Jakarta (weighing about 76 kg) they took one look at me and said, 'no, not that big' :o

Singapore, being more multi-cultural, may have larger sizes - but what you might consider is getting stuff made for you - not sure how they go about that, but this is what you might need to explore while you are there.

Good thing about Asian countries is that they group the similar trades around the same area so you don't need to travel far to get a wide selction of goods/prices from different traders.
                              I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Working...
                              X