Arai Signet helmet pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arai Signet helmet pricing

Hey all... Im thinking of buying a new helmet while im in the states because they are selling on ebay for about $450AU if i bring it back in my suitcase. What are the arai signets selling for in Perth shops?

thanks!

If you buy a helmet in the states it wont have a Australian Standards stiker on it if you get pulled over buy the police it is classed as rideing without a helmet.
    The helmet wil not be allowed on any race track either

Comment

Originally posted by KEV@Jan 9 2006, 05:33 AM
      If you buy a helmet in the states it wont have a Australian Standards stiker on it if you get pulled over buy the police it is classed as rideing without a helmet.
      [snapback]211446[/snapback]
      and you can say bye bye to any insurance 3rd party or similar...
      tba.....

Comment

Spot the guys who work in part shops

Comment

What about the pricing guys?

Comment

Originally posted by KEV@Jan 9 2006, 05:33 AM
            [snapback]211446[/snapback]

it is allowed on the racetrack kev, just not anywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelGsxr@Jan 9 2006, 09:57 AM
              What about the pricing guys?
              [snapback]211538[/snapback]

price:around $1000

Comment

Ill save $500 and take my chances with the insurance company.

Comment

Ill try and find an australian standards sticker to put on it

Comment

Originally posted by Jono@Jan 9 2006, 07:15 AM
                    and you can say bye bye to any insurance 3rd party or similar...
                    [snapback]211462[/snapback]
                    From a causation point of view the Insurer would have to prove that wearing that US purchased helmet resulted in him sustaining injuries that were more severe than those likely to have been sustained had he been wearing one purchased in AUS (ie contributory negligence with same rationale as seatbelt wearing).

Given the ARAI helmet purchased in the US is exactly the same as the helmet purchased in AUS albeit without the little sticker, i dont see how that argument would succeed in Court.

Re the Police thingy, that is a different issue as if statute mandates the need for an AUS standards sticker to be considered riding with a helmet, not much you can do there although a while back i checked the Traffic code and regulations and did not come up with any reference to Aus standards.

Anywho my ARAI was from ebay at $439US instead of $1150 AUS!!

Comment

As far as insurance , no company will ask to see your helmet if your bike is stolen , or you run into a little old lady in her pristine 78 Corolla.

If they need to examine your helmet , it means you are probably history , and in any case , will probably not care. The only time maybe , is when you want to claim the helmet .... they may need to inspect. Chance you take i guess , but id do it.

And as far as sticker .... lol , good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelGsxr@Jan 9 2006, 10:15 AM
                        Ill save $500 and take my chances with the insurance company.
                        [snapback]211556[/snapback]
                        Not a very smart move Mick...even if you get one of those Australian Standards Stickers on your helmet, it will not sit well with the insurance companies!!

The question to consider is how much do you want to run on the wong side of the big insurance companies??

Just see one of the dealers here and buy something you can use here without problems
                        It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 8-ball@Jan 9 2006, 12:42 PM
                          The question to consider is how much do you want to run on the wong side of the big insurance companies??
                          [snapback]211647[/snapback]
                          Hey 8 , How so ?

Comment

Originally posted by saf@Jan 9 2006, 12:49 PM
                            Hey 8 , How so ?
                            [snapback]211654[/snapback]
                            Well this is not gospel but while having a chat with some other bike riders, I have heard of insurance companies refusing to pay up when it was deemed that the helmet was not of Australian Standards, even if they have the good ol DOT sticker on it...never mind the bike insurance, they will fix the bike, I am talking about compensation for injuries and all that, apparently someone lost out on a big claim because he did not have a proper Aussie Standards sticker on his helmet, he apparently tired to appeal but was unsuccessful

I guess its not so much getting on the bad side of insurance companies, rather the pain of going through a whole shit load of paper work and waiting and finding out that you are not going to get paid cos of a small sticker on a helmet
                            It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 8-ball@Jan 9 2006, 01:01 PM
                              I guess its not so much getting on the bad side of insurance companies, rather the pain of going through a whole shit load of paper work and waiting and finding out that you are not going to get paid cos of a small sticker on a helmet
                              [snapback]211659[/snapback]
                              I also imagine that the Insurance Companies have bigger lawyers at their disposal than the average Joe as well <_<
                              I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Working...
                              X