X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB Trackday General Chat - Q and A

SPLIT FROM TRACKDAY THREAD

Originally posted by jennaau@Jan 9 2006, 08:01 AM
    just waiting to get some race glasss!!!!!

*prays to the god of bikes*
    please please let us find some!!!

if we get the bike together in time we are in
    [snapback]211480[/snapback]
    Why get race glass ? . If you get it , you will be ok with damage ? Race glass flies off / breaks / punctures / wears thru at first impact as its 1.6 - 2.5 mm chopped strand matt , and the bike chassis , pegs / rear sets , muffler(s) , bar ends / clip-ons take all the damage.

That there is 10x the damage value of race fairings .....

So you would be better off keeping your stockers , and reminding yourself to ride in your limits.

Getting race glass just makes that one track day that $500+ more expensive.

Saf,
    I think the bike Jenna is reffering to is the Gixxer that her and Kieran bought to make into a track bike, It was slightly damaged therefor needs raceglass due to a lack of original plastics....

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo@Jan 9 2006, 09:54 AM
      Saf,
      I think the bike Jenna is reffering to is the Gixxer that her and Kieran bought to make into a track bike, It was slightly damaged therefor needs raceglass due to a lack of original plastics....
      [snapback]211537[/snapback]
      And we've been told the bike wont pass scrutineering without fairings.
      HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo@Jan 9 2006, 09:54 AM
        Saf,
        [snapback]211537[/snapback]
        Ahhh i see . Then ride the Yamaha Jenna !! . Tracktime is still tracktime ...

Comment

Originally posted by saf@Jan 9 2006, 10:03 AM
          Ahhh i see . Then ride the Yamaha Jenna !! . Tracktime is still tracktime ...
          [snapback]211545[/snapback]
          i appreciate what ur saying but i wont be comfortable or relaxed enough, all i will think about is $16,500 loan, no insurance, plus this is my only form of transport to and from work and i wont enjoy myself!!!!! (i know what i am like!) people can poo poo me for that (and they already have) but at the end of the day its my decision.

if i do it on the track bike, i can just ride, with no problems, no worries and i can see what the bike and i can do and most of all i can have fun.

so come on race glass!!!!

Comment

where r u getting it from Jenna?The raceglass that is!
            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by fastgir1@Jan 9 2006, 10:16 AM
              where r u getting it from Jenna?The raceglass that is!
              [snapback]211557[/snapback]

no idea. thats kierans department.
              we dont want new raceglass,
              he has free reign on that bike. so i think he is as happy as a pig in poo lol

Comment

Originally posted by MoreHPLessKg@Jan 9 2006, 09:58 AM
                And we've been told the bike wont pass scrutineering without fairings.
                [snapback]211541[/snapback]
                Yeah I know.

How much has it got on it ? Can you send Saf some photos of the bike as is ??

He is the man running Scrutineering .. its his call at the end of the day.
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I'm going to come and be a spectator for the day, not really up for the track ride as yet, but want to see whats involved, and enjoy seeing soem of you putting the knee down.

I take it I'll be able to purchase drinks etc at the track?

I'm sure as well if theres requests for donations in support of the MAD ride, I'll donate to that as well.

Sounds like a great opportunity to catch up with a LOT of PSB'ers as well.

Just have to remember my camera....

So seeya's all there.
                  Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphen@Jan 9 2006, 11:16 AM
                    I'm going to come and be a spectator for the day, not really up for the track ride as yet, but want to see whats involved, and enjoy seeing soem of you putting the knee down.

I'm sure as well if theres requests for donations in support of the MAD ride, I'll donate to that as well.

Sounds like a great opportunity to catch up with a LOT of PSB'ers as well.

Just have to remember my camera....

So seeya's all there.
                    [snapback]211590[/snapback]
                    Its time you put the frog on the track Kim
                    Originally posted by Viper
                    I'm probably fucking something up.
                    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                    Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by jennaau@Jan 9 2006, 10:15 AM
                      i appreciate what ur saying but i wont be comfortable or relaxed enough, all i will think about is $16,500 loan, no insurance, plus this is my only form of transport to and from work and i wont enjoy myself!!!!!
                      [snapback]211555[/snapback]
                      Hey thats entirely your call . I am of the opinion (and exp) that you need to ride your own bike on track , to learn about 'it' and you .... to be a better rider , along with the fact your all going the same way and if you keep right hand in check , its generally safer than riding it on the road ... i think we all know that. I have 24,000 of bike ill have to ride with no insurance aswell if the 929 isnt ready in time, and ill be riding for fun on either bike ..... not for lap records.

But hey, like i said, its your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by saf@Jan 9 2006, 11:41 AM
                        Hey thats entirely your call . I am of the opinion (and exp) that you need to ride your own bike on track , to learn about 'it' and you .... to be a better rider ,
                        [snapback]211610[/snapback]

totally agree and on the ning ning it couldnt have been more of an eye-opener, to see what the bike did and what i could do.
                        but i am just not ready. I have just come of a 150 and my r6 is a hell of a lot more bike that the 150 was, and i know what i am like, i like to push things to see how far i can go and i dont think the R6 would be as forgiving as the ning ning.

hence the track bike

now i have whored this thread (sorry Hewie)

Please people, trackday is sooooo much fun! Get ur tickets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphen@Jan 9 2006, 11:16 AM
                          [snapback]211590[/snapback]
                          Yup .. Food and Drinks will be available for spectators thanks to the PSB Catering Corp.
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie@Jan 9 2006, 12:08 PM
                            Yup .. Food and Drinks will be available for spectators thanks to the PSB Catering Corp.
                            [snapback]211637[/snapback]
                            And from memory, pretty cheap prices too wasn't it Hewie?
                            I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

SHANNONS cover you on da track as long as the event is not affiliated with CAMS in any way

WOOHOO for SHANNONS

Comment

Working...
                              X