dobbed on by a civ'y

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dobbed on by a civ'y

yeah so my mate 'steve' just got told that mr plod came to his house looking for him
    he wasnt there
    they/he told his roommate that he has alledgedly he has been speeding and doing wheelies and they are after him now.
    now obviously there is someone in the area on a similar bike with a similar registration and somebody has written it down wrong..

sounds like a bit of scare tatix to me, they cant really do anything can they
    and if they could they wouldnt be telling the girl who answered the door about it would they? its none of her business so i figure if he was gonna get a fine or a summons they woulndt be aloud to tell other people about it..

any comments people...

(this story could have a couple of holes in it im not 100% on the details)
    Now my guns are blazin' Bloodclot i can see 360

Unless the police actually saw it happen then he is ok... the police have to see it happen themselves. unless they changed the law?

Comment

This happend to me, they left a card on the door saying to call. I actually went in person and all the officer said was that the police need to be seen to be doing something about a/the complaint be it true or not.

A red bike was the complaint, im mean how many bikes are red!!!

In the end the cop said just ride a different route. I still ride the same and nothing has happend..

Comment

they havent changed it yet... if michelle roberts gets her way 'steve' would be getting a court summons. they would have just got a complaint (someone went in and did a written statement at the cop shop) about him.
        Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
        "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

(best maxwell smart impersination)

"The 'ol guilty til proven innocent trick eh?"
          Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
          So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
          It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

Fuck em, thats what i say, for christ sake, does this mean that ifi see someone go past on a bike, behaving himself, doing the limit, no wheelies, no lanesplitting, and just because i dont like his bike model, i can dobb him in for reckless riding??

How would the cops know for real? anyone can dobb ANY of us in for absolutley no reason, and plod (the sweet piece of shit that he is) will search the whole of WA for us, including wanted photos on the side of milk cartons.

Comment

ive had the card in the door b4 just follow up complaints and nothing happened, but same also happened to mate about a burnout but the person who reported it was an off duty police officer but wasnt told at the time and denied all only to get done he just used his brother as the excuse and his brother took it for him so he didnt look as thou he was lying.

Comment

If you think thats bad listen to this: I work as a Postie and if anyone here has ridden a CT110 for at least 5 hours straight everyday of the week they will tell you that you get a pretty sore back from going up countless kerbs to ppls letterboxes.

Anyway...one day I'd just finished my round and went to the post office to drop my registered letters off and there are 3 tabletop speedhumps on your way out of the carpark. After a hard days work and suffering a sore back its a helluva lot easier(on your back) to stand up while going over the speedhumps, so thats what I did.

The next morning my Delivery Centre Manager called me into the office and asked me if I was 'stunt-riding' through the carpark yesterday. Apparently someone had got my rego and rung up to complain about a CRAZY postman standing on the seat and riding along in front of old women and children. I strenouosly denied everything (co's I hadn't done anything wrong) but he just told me to watch myself out there!!

F**ken people and their f**ken complaints!! They actually teach us at HART (Honda Approved Rider Training) to stand up while going over obstacles or hazards.

Rant over.
                Damo

Comment

IMO it's a bit off if you CAN complain about a road user and they are fined/prosecuted whatever with no evidence.

The complainant must have been fairly close to home if they could say "its the bike from number blah blah in such-and-such street". There's no information to base any comment on for this particular example.

If someone was going quick up my street I might be inclined to complain if they did it regularly as it is a bit narrow, has parked cars all along (both sides), hidden drive ways and a lot of stupid drivers around who don't know the road rules. Hmm, but then again I might be being a wet blanket - I should just let it go and if they do stack it then they'll have learnt their lesson....

Comment

Its not the cops fault, they have to follow up these stupid reports. The problem is the old idiot who thinks they are a copper and feel its their responsibility to report stupid things like that. They don't know what they are talking about, they hear a bike with a large exhaust and think they are speeding. Then they jump on the phone and call the cops, then they sit back and think they're made the world a better place.

Thats why these proposed "report a hoon laws" are so stupid.
                    Why can't they make the whole bike out of Oggy?

Comment

I Think this bike in question didn thave a rego tag for a good couple of months ..
                      Now my guns are blazin' Bloodclot i can see 360

Comment

Originally posted by BanditDan@Jan 10 2006, 12:12 PM
                        Its not the cops fault, they have to follow up these stupid reports. The problem is the old idiot who thinks they are a copper and feel its their responsibility to report stupid things like that. They don't know what they are talking about, they hear a bike with a large exhaust and think they are speeding. Then they jump on the phone and call the cops, then they sit back and think they're made the world a better place.

Thats why these proposed "report a hoon laws" are so stupid.
                        [snapback]212345[/snapback]
                        you have to actually go in and make a written statement before they will do anything. ive done it once to report an old guy who shouldnt have had a licence
                        Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                        "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

Originally posted by Rod@Jan 10 2006, 12:11 PM
                          If someone was going quick up my street I might be inclined to complain if they did it regularly as it is a bit narrow, has parked cars all along (both sides), hidden drive ways and a lot of stupid drivers around who don't know the road rules.* Hmm, but then again I might be being a wet blanket - I should just let it go and if they do stack it then they'll have learnt their lesson....
                          [snapback]212343[/snapback]
                          I live on a similar street - it curves around and visibility sucks. People 'hoon' around the corner like there is no tomorrow and there are kids who play in the street which makes it a bit frightening...

But, the posted speed limit is 50 KM/H and the 'hoons' are probably only doing 40 - it's just that it seems fast for the conditions so probably no point in reporting them - unless of course I say they were doing 70 KM/H

How easy is that? <_<
                          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Its not the cops fault, they have to follow up these stupid reports
                            if your mate calls up the police they will just say that a complaint has been made against a bike of his description/rego by neighbours or some git. No biggie

Apparently someone had got my rego and rung up to complain about a CRAZY postman
                            i enjoyed being a crazy postman

Comment

some ppl have too much time on there hands an think it there duty to report shit

Comment

Working...
                              X