Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few photo's taken with my new panasonic fz30 cam

fz30 piccies

still learning to drive it - photos of down south, kings park, the zoo and lake monger - no bike piccies tho

hoping to do some soon

dave

Nice... like this one,
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Jan 10 2006, 11:21 AM
      Nice... like this one,

[snapback]212301[/snapback]
      Yeah - that one is probably the best composition...

This one isn't too bad either - a little different and not quite the angle you would expect to see a giraffe's neck at:

Pics look pretty clear in general, Corks - night time shots suffer from a high ISO setting - that is what is causing all that image noise in the photo.
      I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

ta

the fz30 has some rather funky resolutions

normal 4:3 up to 8pm

wide 3:2 up to 7mp

widescreen 16:9 up to 5.5mp

widescreens are excellent , not quite as cool as a panarama, but lot less fiddly, unless you do a 16:9 panoramo of course

does take some nice piccies, nightshots need a bit of work tho

Comment

Pics look pretty clear in general, Corks - night time shots suffer from a high ISO setting - that is what is causing all that image noise in the photo.
          [snapback]212328[/snapback]
          [/quote]

yeah the camera has a auto nightime scenery mode , but i think it cranks up the iso (80-400) to get there - so this one is noisey

but this one's not so bad , but alot darker

ditto the south perth shots

thos this one of the woodside sign at full zoom (35-420) came out pretty clear

thanks for any hints n tips

dave

Comment

I am not very good at taking photo's at night my pics alway turn out dark still learning how to use the camera but any hints would be great.

P.S. loved the koala in the tree so lazy lol..

Comment

wheres the pics of the babes mate? and your pics of lady's cleavage really suck (Reffering to the one from the police ride)

Comment

With regards the photo of Bluff Knoll, it's the highest point in sourthern WA. Mt Meharry etc in the Pilbara are actually higher.

Climbed it last week - too easy (compared to Himalayas )! However it was completely shrouded in mist after the first hundred or so metres. Spookyish at the top where there's that cliff - it's like staring into the abyss!

Comment

I've taken the same pic of him at lake monger years ago, in that same spot

Comment

Got myself a Panasonic FZ30 last week as well. The noise issue is the one big negative of that model... apparently Panasonic don't have a CCD that can handle that much data, and they're not going to use Sony-made CCDs. Maybe sometime later this year there will be an updated model with a suitable CCD.

I'm rapt with the colour balance of most of the photos that it takes... heaps better than the Canon G5 that I'd had for the last two years.

I haven't done any outdoors night time shots yet, only night time closeups. For outdoors stuff, I'm going to be experimenting with a tripod and long exposure times, in order to keep the ISO low (ie 80).

Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get out and get some great pussy shots!
                    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

So.......

For a retard like me.....what's this fucking noise you all talk about.

Noise is something I hear.....how can you hear a bloody picture?

Comment

Noise = spottiness on an image

/me snickers... didn't know what noise meant...

Seriously, why the hell noise couldn't have been called something simpler and more relevant is beyond me.

CCD = charge coupled device, that's the chip that actually captures that data in a digital camera. In recent years, cameras have been 1) taking bigger and bigger photos and 2) been getting smaller and more compact at the same time (meaning the CCD has to be physically smaller). The CCD has a VERY short time to grab all the data, so often the photo gets distorted as a result. This is especially true with video cameras - my 4 year old Sony TRV18e video camera shoots much better footage than my 1 year old Panasonic GS15. So much for progress (gonna sell the GS15 and keep the old TRV).

No one really needs 8 megapixels for a personal use camera; I'd personally prefer 4-5 megapixels and better quality photos (ie better focus, less noise, better colour balance) but marketing is all about "bigger is better"

The Panasonic FZ30 camera has been getting VERY good reviews all over the place but its one major disadvantage is that its CCD can't capture the data quick enough in low light situations, resulting in the noise that you see in corks67's night shots.

The standard 32 Mb card is a joke - it holds 7-8 photos. I'll be buying a 2Gb card sometime soon, along with an external flash for better night shots.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

Comment

Originally posted by phildo+Jan 10 2006, 08:19 PM-->
                          Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get out and get some great pussy shots!
                          [snapback]212611[/snapback]
                          [/b]
                          Mmmm, nice pussy!
                          <!--QuoteBegin-CB Boy
                          @Jan 10 2006, 08:22 PM
                          So.......

For a retard like me.....what&#39;s this fucking noise you all talk about.

Noise is something I hear.....how can you hear a bloody picture?
                          [snapback]212613[/snapback]
                          &#39;Noise&#39; can mean three things:

1. Image gain: just as film has film grain, digital photos have image gain - the noise you get when amplifying the available light to get the correct exposure. As the film grain is coarser at higher ISO/ASA values so does the image gain get worse. In low light situations when using a higher ISO value to get an &#39;acceptable&#39; exposure the result is a lot of dots of various colours that populate the image as crap

2. Compression artifacts: When the camera saves the pic onto the memory card it saves it with JPEG compression (generally). As the algorithm throws away some of the information to compress the image, when it is decompressed to view it replaces bit&#39;s of information that was prefiously disgarded if you like with a close facsimili of the data. You will often see the JPEG compresion artifacts around edges of high contrast areas, as well as areas of relatively flat colour such as the sky

[Edit] 3. What Phildo said above ^^^
                          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

nice photo&#39;s corks... bloody some of the new cameras are amzing now... waiting for some more "*interesting*" shots...
                            tba.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jono@Jan 10 2006, 08:58 PM
                              nice photo&#39;s corks... bloody some of the new cameras are amzing now... waiting for some more "*interesting*" shots...
                              [snapback]212626[/snapback]

Ok then.... photo of a nice blonde pussy.

Dunno about a photo of a shaved pussy though... I don&#39;t think that *he* would be very co-operative about that one.

Serious bit: this is the first camera that I&#39;ve ever used that doesn&#39;t give redeye. The cat&#39;s pupil still reflects some light, but that&#39;s easy enough to fix in Photoshop if required.

Comment

Working...
                              X