Can this be fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be fixed

Just wondering if these scuff marks can be fixed... its worth a shot if any one knows... got them driving up to carnarvon with the bike on the back and part of some tarp rubbed onto it.. kinda really pisses me of...

[attachmentid=1719][attachmentid=1720]

"Its not the final destination that's important, Its the journey getting there"

hmm the photos arnt the best quality so its hard to see what might work
    what have you tried so far
    maybe a bit of cut and polish try tubbing it out with that
    i got milkcrates of cleaning polishes for cars/bikes in the garage if u wanna borrow some til u find something that works ?

on closer look at pics doesnt look like anything a chammy and some warmwater/detergent couldnt fix just may take youa w hole to rub it all off

Comment

i havn't actually tried any polishes in case i'd make it worse but i just washed over the marks.

"Its not the final destination that's important, Its the journey getting there"

Comment

what does it look like
        has the tarp melted on top of the sticker or just left a red stain ect on the sticker ?

Comment

The marks look like they are on a sticker so if they won't polish out with a course polish followed by a fine polish you may be in trouble.
          If they are on paint and the polish doesn't work get some 2000grit wet and dry, lightly sand the areas with the 2000, water and a dash of detergent, dry the area off, buff the areas with something like "T"cut polish then finish with a fine polish to a brilliant shine.

Do it all carefully!

Comment

i think it would be easier to get a new sticker wouldnt it stickers once buggered are generally buggered. Paint work with cut'n'polish can work cos it takes a small layer off paint if ya take top of sticker there aint no stickers there not as thick as paint. Price us some new bling bling stickers and replace em all

Comment

you can try the advice above, take bleekerism up on the offer to try all that he's got and you may find something to work

although to me it looks like its actually rubbed the mirror finish off (hope i'm wrong), also the sticker looks like its part of the fairing stickers (with another over the top), not a simple case of just take the affected sticker off and replace if it is

i think gohan would be the best for advice on this

Comment

nope. need new sticker.

Comment

Working...
                X