Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB Trackday Scrutineering List, Fuel Haulage

Gday All,

I have seen a few people ask "Do I need this .. " for trackday.

To help out we have put together the list below. Now the list in by no means everything that you COULD bring .. its just a few items we recommend you take out there.

THE LIST

Suggested List of Items for a trackday.

TAPE - Gaffa or Electrical. You have to tape up your Indicators, Speedo and Lights for Scrutineering (See below)

ZIP TIES - Good for securing mirror fixing points ... and other things Tape wont cover.

FUEL - A jerry of fuel will save you a hell of a lot of problems refueling on the day. (See Robs offer to haul fuel for some people below)

A SCREWDRIVER - Or whatever it is you need to remove your mirrors.

CLEANING GEAR - A rag and some polish or windex for keeping your visor bug free.

There are numerous other items you COULD bring .. but these ones are the probably going to be most useful on the day.

SCRUTINEERING

From the desk of Saf - King of the Scruntineers

Chassis

- Indicators shall be taped up, or removed.

- Rear view mirrors shall be removed. It is advised you cable tie up the stay (the re-enforcing bar) back to the fairing.

- Front and rear lights will need to be completely taped up to avoid spreading broken plastic on the track in the event of an accident.

- Fairings shall be correctly installed, for full fairing bikes bolts shall be installed at points where the fairing meets the fairing brackets off the frame. If fairings are damaged or cracked, gaffer (duct / 100mph) tape in this spot will suffice as long as it's somewhat sturdy. We dont care for show quality, we just want it to be safe. If you're unsure, bring some cable ties and some duct tape, and you will be fine.

Driveline

- Chain will be checked for dry/frozen links and a visual check on the masterlink will be performed . If the masterlink is in someway missing, or failing, you will not be allowed to ride. This is a HIGH PRIORITY item, so please check beforehand as a chain letting go can destroy your engine and shower the track in engine oil, or if you're unlucky enough for it to fall off, it may provide a perfect object to take another rider down as they run over it. Think of a garden hose sideways, except worse at high speed.

- Chain will be correctly tensioned.

- Sprockets shall not have missing teeth.

Brakes

- Pads shall have at least a couple (2) millimeters of 'meat' left on them, this is the material that makes contact with the disk, not the plate that is bonded to that makes contact with the brake caliper itself. This is a HIGH PRIORITY item , so please check beforehand, as brakes are there to save you and others you could plough into. There is no excuse, and each pad set front and rear will be checked.

- Brake fluids are preferably of clear colour to light tan. Please, don't put your life in your hands and use a black pure coffee looking scum that you call brake fluid and we call waste oil. While it's hard to draw the line of what is and isn't good brake fluid, please remember its a very very important part on any vehicle, especially your own. Fluids levels in the reservoirs, front and rear, shall be at the full line.

- Fittings at the master cylinder or caliper shall not weep or leak fluids.

Tyres

- Tyres shall be of road legal quality, meaning that some tread shall have to be on the tyre carcass itself. While I doubt people would do a track day on destroyed tyres, I also won't discount it. Make sure tyre pressures are set up as well.

- Slicks are fine

Controls

- Clutch and brake levers shall be of OEM condition and not broken off.

- Throttle to snap back on its own force. Jammed "cruise control" throttles are not cool for track events where your stuck throttle may injure yourself or another rider when you can't wash off the speed.

- Speedo face shall be completely taped up to avoid spreading broken plastic on the track in the event of an accident.

- Grips shall not be held on with 'hopes and dreams', please ensure that the grip doesn't slide off or rotate.

Remember people: For such things as tyres, brakes and chains, don't feel as though a track day is the last place to get the "most out of 'em" and put on a set of new tyres, or pads after the track day to save you wearing down your new gear. Yes it is an expensive day, but there is no price on your safety, not to mention someone else's because of your cost cutting. It's meant to be a fun day, filled with hours of riding fun, so let's keep it that way. Thank you.

PLEASE NOTE:
    While Saf, with the help of Pal & Panther, will have a small collection of consumables availble for sale to try to resolve any technical issues and everyone will do their best to help a fellow rider should they have problems getting their bike through the scrutineering stage, each rider should bring their own oils, fluid, fuel, chains, links, tape, pads etc on the day to cover an unforseen problems that might arise - it is your responsibility to ensure that your bike meets the above criteria, or will meet the above criteria, before arriving at the track. IF YOUR BIKE DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE TRACK DAY SPECIFICATIONS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RIDE ON THE DAY
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

If anyone else wants to offer to take fuel up for others, please leave your details in this thread.

I wont be riding up, as my bike isnt licensed, so mine goes on the trailer. I have room to take fuel containers if you can arrange to get them to me at Quinns Rocks in the next few weeks.

Depending on the number of sessions, a full tank is generally not enough to ride the day out.

Send me a PM to arrange fuel haulage if needed.

Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

I have 3 spare gerry cans. I am willing to assist in fuel haulage also, as I live nearby. PM Fez if need be.
      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie@Jan 11 2006, 11:02 AM
        Tyres

- Tyres shall be of road legal quality, meaning that some tread shall have to be on the tyre carcass itself. While I doubt people would do a track day on destroyed tyres, I also won't discount it. Make sure tyre pressures are set up as well.
        [snapback]212871[/snapback]
        Im assuming slicks are ok?
        HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Slicks are fine.

Comment

Saf
            I have no hugger or chain guard. Will this be an issue?

Comment

I will be bringing some extra cable ties (about 300 or so to help out a bit) and some rolls of wide black tape... dont say i never do any thing for you
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Oh is that your leftovers from schoolies week, Turbo?
                Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Amazing how spacious the boot of a rented falcon is.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Stop whoring my thread you 2 bitches.

Comment

Mebbe marshalling (horse whats the go ?) Will be going up in da ute so plenty of room for folks gear. Im NOR so anyone wanting haulage, pm please.
                      Prefer drop to me but will pick up so long as your not TOO far away.

Can bring the box trailer too if anyones planning on binning their ride ?

Bill

Definitely marshalling. Offer of haulage stands.
                      Remember....Your only young once.....

But you can be immature for as long as you bloody well like!

Comment

Originally posted by axefanatic@Jan 13 2006, 10:01 PM
                        Mebbe marshalling (horse whats the go ?) Will be going up in da ute so plenty of room for folks gear. Im NOR so anyone wanting haulage, pm please.
                        Prefer drop to me but will pick up so long as your not TOO far away.

Can bring the box trailer too if anyones planning on binning their ride ?

Bill
                        [snapback]214415[/snapback]
                        Thanks for the offer of marshalling, Bill - I am certain Hewie will get back to you
                        I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

whats the go....

have some patience, the message is up, you'll hear about it when/if it happens
                          hewie isnt online at this very moment so i'd say it will be sorted when he is

Comment

Originally posted by pete_026@Jan 11 2006, 12:41 PM
                            Saf
                            I have no hugger or chain guard. Will this be an issue?
                            [snapback]212943[/snapback]
                            Pete, No prob.

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X