Hyosung gt250

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyosung gt250

Well the missus went and got her learners yesterday...............
    she has her heart set on the hyosung gt250 anyone got one?
    are they anygood?the price is good for a new bike
    next delivery i was told yesterday wont be till march and is causeway the only dealer?
    any advice appreciated
    cheers

They seem like a pretty good bike, though there have been comments made about how the factory brake pads aren't quite right (change to a new pair). The GT250R I rode at Dale Brittons (and subsequently purchased, delivery in Feb) had a pretty gritty set of front pads.

Dale Brittons is the only place I know of that sells the Hyosungs in Perth.

Learner bike? Not sure, but I wouldn't want your other half dropping one and putting a lovely dent/scratch on the tank. Maybe get something cheaper until the dropping stage has passed (we've all dropped a bike)?

GT250 - $5990 ride away
    GT250R - $6990 ride away
    $150 for a tinted screen on the R
    $500 for a howler zorst (or just muffler?).
    Ride away prices include CTP, licensing, registration and stamp duty. You don't pay another dollar related to the purchase.

Brittons charges $100 for the 1000km, and $120 for the 5000km services.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 11 2006, 08:37 PM
      They seem like a pretty good bike, though there have been comments made about how the factory brake pads aren't quite right (change to a new pair).* The GT250R I rode at Dale Brittons (and subsequently purchased, delivery in Feb) had a pretty gritty set of front pads.

Learner bike?* Not sure, but I wouldn't want your other half dropping one and putting a lovely dent/scratch on the tank.* Maybe get something cheaper until the dropping stage has passed (we've all dropped a bike)?

GT250 - $5990 ride away
      GT250R - $6990 ride away
      Ride away prices include CTP, licensing, registration and stamp duty.* You don't pay another dollar related to the purchase.

[snapback]213230[/snapback]
      with this pricing i can see why they're so popular
      only complaint is the factory pads sounds good to me, whats a set of pads worth

Comment

Originally posted by horse@Jan 11 2006, 09:29 PM
        with this pricing i can see why they're so popular
        only complaint is the factory pads sounds good to me, whats a set of pads worth*
        [snapback]213256[/snapback]
        I think someone mentioned the rear shock bled out on their bike, but that's not neccesarily a common fault.

There was also a 2004 model with a couple of jacket scratches on the tank, and Howler exhaust on it for $5240 at Dale Brittons when I went in just prior to Christmas. I don't actually fit on the non-R models due to the higher pegs, otherwise it would've considered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 11 2006, 09:37 PM
          I think someone mentioned the rear shock bled out on their bike, but that's not neccesarily a common fault.

There was also a 2004 model with a couple of jacket scratches on the tank, and Howler exhaust on it for $5240 at Dale Brittons when I went in just prior to Christmas.* I don't actually fit on the non-R models due to the higher pegs, otherwise it would've considered it.
          [snapback]213259[/snapback]
          Are some if not all the japanese brands doing something to win back lost sales due to the value for $$ deal(s) that the Hi Song and Dance brand is taking away?
          I remember to see a $7000 new Suzuki at McCulloch??drive away looked like a twin cil job.
          Something like a SV650 or there about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 11 2006, 08:37 PM
            They seem like a pretty good bike, though there have been comments made about how the factory brake pads aren't quite right (change to a new pair).* The GT250R I rode at Dale Brittons (and subsequently purchased, delivery in Feb) had a pretty gritty set of front pads.

Learner bike?* Not sure, but I wouldn't want your other half dropping one and putting a lovely dent/scratch on the tank.* Maybe get something cheaper until the dropping stage has passed (we've all dropped a bike)?

GT250 - $5990 ride away
            GT250R - $6990 ride away
            Ride away prices include CTP, licensing, registration and stamp duty.* You don't pay another dollar related to the purchase.

[snapback]213230[/snapback]
            Hmm doesnt sound too shabby... might consider one of these brand spankers... cheers for the info champ!!

Brendiddly

Comment

As for the soft brakes, that is what they come with when imported. My dad chewed thru the pads within about 2000kms but Dale britton replaced the pads free of charge with a harder compound at the 2000k service or was it 5000k, might of been 5000k now that i think about it, either way they where replaced.

And I must say its a great learner bike, I bought mine after I'd had my learners permit about 2 weeks.

Oh also I believe Mandurah City Motorcycles stock them as well, tho that could just be hyosung scooters they stock, havent been there myself

Comment

how tall is the missus?
                im 5"4 and couldnt easily touch the ground, for my first bike (and the one im learning on) id want a bike i can comfortably reach the ground on!

if shes taller than me then shell be fine if shes not then theres some food for thought for her!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds@Jan 11 2006, 09:37 PM
                  [snapback]213259[/snapback]
                  That would be me, but i am 120kilos, 6ft4ins and have had the shock cranked up 3 notches...gotta hurt the poor thing...

Taking the bike in for the 4000k service tomorrow and the brake pads seem ok but no doubt they will check that....

No real problems with it other than the CDI change to cure the flat spot...

Can't really argue for the money especially with a 2 year warranty thrown in.

Enjoyable bike for a starter, comfortable too, riding a minimum of 10 hours a week and got no sore bits...

Any specific questions feel free to PM me...

Comment

I've had mine for almost 12 months and very pleased with it. Goes and handles well and very comfortable. Done a couple of trips to Toodjay and does it easily with no sore bum at the end.
                    I'm going for my R licence test next month so my bike will be for sale as soon as I find another bike.

Comment

Kim Brittons also sells them ..

A freind has one ,doesn't seem to have much get up and go in her and mine eyes,she has commented a few times that she wished she shopped around more for a different 250cc .

BTW she's now thinking of selling it and it's only dont 1200k's.

<span style='font-family:Impact'>"HELL YEAH IT&#39;S A TWIN, AND AN EVIL ONE AT THAT"</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TLSCHICk@Jan 12 2006, 08:47 PM
                        A freind has one ,doesn&#39;t seem to have much get up and go in my eyes.

[snapback]213842[/snapback]
                        A big, new, faired, 250cc with 24HP at the rear wheel for $7000, with a two year warranty - definately pretty good for the money. It&#39;s no RGV or Bandit, but definately a decent bike for someone starting out.

I&#39;m "intending" to hang onto mine for a while after I get my open class, even if it&#39;s just to save servicing the larger bike as often...

Comment

Originally posted by TLSCHICk@Jan 12 2006, 08:47 PM
                          A freind has one ,doesn&#39;t seem to have much get up and go in my eyes.

[snapback]213842[/snapback]
                          compared to what.... a new 250cbr..look at the dollars

250&#39;s are good to learn to ride a sports bike on...wish thats what i did instead of going from cruisers to sports bike (750-1000 to cbr 900)

and not bad for the dollars
                          A site all parents should check regulary
                          http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Originally posted by Breeza@Jan 12 2006, 12:02 PM
                            how tall is the missus?
                            im 5"4 and couldnt easily touch the ground, for my first bike (and the one im learning on) id want a bike i can comfortably reach the ground on!

if shes taller than me then shell be fine if shes not then theres some food for thought for her!
                            [snapback]213539[/snapback]
                            we went there the other day and sat on one she can easily touch the ground......she has been riding my 600 for a little while so she can ride ok ......she just has to go through the process of getting her licence and then riding with the cages which is the scariest part..........
                            then all i need is a baby sitter so we can go riding

Comment

Originally posted by comet@Jan 12 2006, 05:27 PM
                              I&#39;ve had mine for almost 12 months and very pleased with it. Goes and handles well and very comfortable. Done a couple of trips to Toodjay and does it easily with no sore bum at the end.
                              I&#39;m going for my R licence test next month so my bike will be for sale as soon as I find another bike.
                              [snapback]213737[/snapback]
                              comet let me know as soon as you get your new bike i would definately be interested in buying it

and cheers for everyones input

Comment

Working...
                              X