Tuneboy, bugger power commander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuneboy, bugger power commander

ordered the tuneboy ecu software today, as Ive sick of waiting for the pc and the tuneboy offers heaps more functions

Features DynoJet PCIII V's TuneBoy tune editor
    Modify fuel map via fuel trim table Y Y
    Modify ignition map N Y
    Change rev limit N Y
    Change thermo fan settings N Y
    Modify air fuel targets used in ECU N Y
    Change idle speed N Y
    Change warm up fuel for cold starting N Y
    Diagnose faults N Y
    Run ECU test procedures N Y
    Modify fuel mapping using DynoJet tuning link Y Y
    Change when the ECU uses O2 sensor for closed loop mode N Y
    Data logger N Y
    Flaws DynoJet PCIII V's TuneBoy tune editor
    Adds another point of failure in the system Y N
    Causes closed loop mode to function incorrectly (*Note1) Y N
    Causes fueling problems at high altitude Y N

seems some germans ripped a engine apart and did this

" This tune was developed by a guy in Germany for the German importer.
    They used a very expensive data logger (50,000 euro), the cylinder head had extra holes bored next to the spark plugs and cylinder pressure sensors where fitted in these holes.
    A special wheel was fitted to the crank so that the logger had 3600 increments per crank revolution.
    With this fitted they adjusted the fuel and ignition map to make the best power and economy.
    I will try and find the graphs that show the cylinder pressure before/after the changes.

I'll try to access the Superbikes (ossie park)dyno with the tuning link software once i download the system into the ecu. a good thing is that i can use power commander maps in the tuneboy no problem and can fiddle with the idle and warm up settings, roll on next week

sweet, i've been a little curious about these since i first saw them on ebay, keep us updated with how it all goes eh

what was the price?, bit cheaper from memory (but dont hold me to it)

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan@Jan 12 2006, 05:36 PM
      Modify ignition map* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * N
      [snapback]213744[/snapback]
      Thats incorrect. The two most important things you can adjust is fuel and spark , and why they would incorrectly publish that i dont know.

Having said that it looks a impressive little ECU !!! .

Comment

hey nathan it's bout time some1 went away from the norm (pc)
        let us know how it goes on the dyno and exactlly what adjustments are avaliable when you run it.
        do you know if it wll run under boost conditions or with nos

did you look at the tuneboy diagnostic handheld as well, i know there are several in perth and they work on 90% of bikes
        9375 9703

Comment

I've been using tuneboy software on Triumph Triples for a couple of years now. You need a laptop and you need to buy a 'key' (a small software code you enter into the program) for each individual ECU. If you only intend to use Tuneboy on your own bike, no problems as you get one 'key' with the cable and software (the software is available as a free download, it's the cable and one 'key' that costs) There are different cables for Triumph, Aprillia and Benelli, I've only used it on Triumphs. A fantastic program that allows awesome control of the ECU......but be carefull, you can do damage if you experiment with the wrong parameters ;-)

Keys cost about US$150 each, but once you have one for your bike that's it. The keys are specific to an individual ECU. The software can't access an ECU without the key.

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/

BTW, they're Australian, so it's nice to support an Aussie venture

No, I'm in no way connected to the company.

peace
          "The theatre is the finest medium of intercourse between nations. It reveals their most cherished aspirations. If only these aspirations were revealed more often...the nations would shake hands, and lift their caps, instead of training guns on each other." Konstantin Stanislavsky

Comment

Originally posted by stonedog@Jan 12 2006, 05:50 PM
            hey nathan it's bout time some1 went away from the norm (pc)
            let us know how it goes on the dyno and exactlly what adjustments are avaliable when you run it.
            do you know if it wll run under boost conditions or with nos

did you look at the tuneboy diagnostic handheld as well, i know there are several in perth and they work on 90% of bikes
            [snapback]213760[/snapback]
            tuneboy diagnostic handheld ???? Where, how and at what cost? There's nothing about such a beast at tuneboy's website....I just looked. They only do laptop-based software for various Triumph, Benelli and Aprillia models.

peace
            "The theatre is the finest medium of intercourse between nations. It reveals their most cherished aspirations. If only these aspirations were revealed more often...the nations would shake hands, and lift their caps, instead of training guns on each other." Konstantin Stanislavsky

Comment

I thought the PC's before the USB couldn't change ignition timing? Is timing the map?
              <div align="center">
              "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

$425.00 for the software and cable and the Key, plus all the factory issued maps for the tornado&#39;s and some custom ones, I dont know if they have any custom maps for the RS, I believe its just the standard map and the one for when a race can is fitted, where-as the base tre has custom maps offered, as mentioned above, but with the RS having different head, cams and valves i wont be using them. Should arrive early next week. I&#39;l be playing with the idle warm up and advancing the rev limit a tad. I&#39;m also about to buy a new laptop for work which is what the software will run on, it will also work on a PDA. The aussie inventor originally made it to modify the ecu on his turboed 955 Daytona, so yes you can use it to turbo and NOs setting, but tuneboy only works on bikes with a Sagem ecu.

Comment

Working...
                X