Other GP riders that should be shown the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other GP riders that should be shown the door

Now that the topic of Max Biaggi being shown the door has been brought up (good riddance-see my post under biaggi topic) I have a few other names of riders that should be done away with as soon as this year is up:

Carlos Chucka Checa - has done nothing and is too old to get better

Colin Edwards- unless he does amazing things this year he is also too old to improve

Loris Capirossi- same as above

Sete Gibernau- same as above

They say a rider loses 1/10 of a second a lap or every year over the age of 30... that is an eternity in GP racing... new blood I say!

( :o Gets ready to be flamed)

So Mick...

you gonna step up n show em how its done... about time we had another aussie up there..

Woohoo... looking forward to next year now!
    Dreaded Ex-Harley Rider.. but the new one turns, and stops, and goes, and........

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelGsxr@Jan 13 2006, 03:41 AM

They say a rider loses 1/10 of a second a lap or every year over the age of 30... that is an eternity in GP racing... new blood I say!
      [snapback]213976[/snapback]

not sure if i believe those stats

if thats the case then we wouldnt have any GP riders. look at corser in superbikes. his still winning and kicking ASS!

edwards is one of the best out there. and gibernaugh still is as close to rossi as any of the front runners(when he stays on the bike)

kevin curtin in supersport is also another awesome rider.

anyway, enough of my rambling on

Comment

Originally posted by gohan@Jan 13 2006, 07:19 AM

if thats the case then we wouldnt have any GP riders. look at corser in superbikes. his still winning and kicking ASS!
        edwards is one of the best out there. and gibernaugh still is as close to rossi as any of the front runners(when he stays on the bike)

[snapback]213991[/snapback]

Dont remember where i read that Leroy, just remember it for some reason
        I also remember colin edwards saying that riders lose some time after having children... and ill give you credit on saying troy corser-he is amazing and 35 yrs old...

Comment

Originally posted by gohan@Jan 12 2006, 11:19 PM

[snapback]213991[/snapback]
          Spot on Leroy, I think 40 + might make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Stangas@Jan 13 2006, 07:11 AM
            So Mick...
            you gonna step up n show em how its done...* about time we had another aussie up there..

Woohoo...* looking forward to next year now!
            [snapback]213987[/snapback]

Haha I wish mate!

Comment

Barros was washed up in 1993.
              Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Originally posted by PrestigeCBR@Jan 13 2006, 07:44 AM
                Spot on Leroy, I think 40 + might make a difference.
                [snapback]214000[/snapback]
                Your 40 next year aren't you Cal ??

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelGsxr@Jan 13 2006, 03:41 AM
                  Now that the topic of Max Biaggi being shown the door has been brought up (good riddance-see my post under biaggi topic) I have a few other names of riders that should be done away with as soon as this year is up:

Carlos Chucka Checa - has done nothing and is too old to get better

Colin Edwards- unless he does amazing things this year he is also too old to improve

Loris Capirossi- same as above

Sete Gibernau- same as above
                  [snapback]213976[/snapback]
                  capirossi won races last year. sete is still one of the best and changing teams is probably what he needed to get. edwards was on the podium a few times as well. the only other riders who are a threat are melandri and hayden. i'll be surprised if anyone wins a race next year apart from them (and rossi)

Comment

I think Rossi should be shown the door!

Flame me if you will but I think it would be great to see a closer and more competitive race. Only way I see that happening is if Rossi retires. Until then, it's going to be Rossi Rossi Rossi winning.
                    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

I reckon some of the new young riders have the talent and ability to beat Rossi in the near future, just give them a little time.... its the oldies that have had their shot and failed... winning 1 or 2 races just isnt good enough when Rossi wins 11...

Comment

If some of you raced , you would see that its nothing to do with how much Rossi wins , he is simply better. You cant penalise a person for that , same as Shumi .... people loved to hate him winning , so sue him ! , its a fact of life, they all aspire to be , but only one person is .

I have no liking for Capirossi , the little poof hid in 125's/250's for what seemed like 10 years cause he would get squashed in 500's , but he did win races last year .... on a Duke of all bikes. Gotta give the guy credit for that , as with Edwards , he is after all a WSB champ aswell. Neither of the two maye win another championship , but pull em out and the gap be all the more between Rossi and the "new breed" of rider.

Comment

Originally posted by ChOOkiE@Jan 13 2006, 10:49 AM
                          I think Rossi should be shown the door!
                          [snapback]214094[/snapback]
                          Chookie...that is just so much crap
                          Originally posted by Viper
                          I'm probably fucking something up.
                          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                          Administrator

Comment

hahah.. well I hope that someone comes to contest Rossi soon. I know removing Rossi would reduce the quality of the field out there, but sometimes.. just sometimes it'd be nice to actually wonder who might win the next season.
                            Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Perhaps 'removing' Rossi might make it more interesting for some of the spectators, but I doubt that it would for the younger riders. Some of these guys coming through would be hoping to beat him some day just as Rossi wanted to beat Biaggi...

Imagine if you were an up and coming rider and your idol was taken out as he was 'too good' and you could never race him - certainly would take some of the gloss off a win if you thought that there was a better rider out there that you couldn't race because he was simply too good.
                              I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Working...
                              X