Perth Bike Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth Bike Show

Hello! Does anyone know when the bike show - I think its called Big on Bikes - is running? Thanks!
    Damo

Just bought a Honda and already wanting to look at some different bikes? Didn't think it'd take long

Nah, I think the Big on Bikes was last year around December from memory.

*edit* my bad.. November.. just did a search on the forum for ya
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Bugger! I was hoping that it'd be on when i come over for my holiday! Oh well :mellow:
      Damo

Comment

If your from over east then....

You'll be very disappointed a what we get here for a bike show.
        sigpic

Comment

and its only ever second year here in WA expect the next one Nov 07
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

2 years ago it was a good show, run by the Jypsy Jokers, had some outstanding bikes on display and lots going on. Last year was shit house, there were more people in the car park looking at the peoples bikes. It was like going to a typical bike shop and having to pay $15 or something to get in.

I hope the next one is run by a different mob, those bikies know how to put on a good show ( bands titties beer and burnouts)
            ODB's Car

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dung Beetle@Jan 13 2006, 02:26 PM
              I hope the next one is run by a different mob, those bikies know how to put on a good show ( bands titties beer and burnouts)
              [snapback]214200[/snapback]

Hear Hear.. same goes for the Bindoon Dirt Drags.. thats a good weekend away
              Dreaded Ex-Harley Rider.. but the new one turns, and stops, and goes, and........

Comment

Thanks fellas, been wondering if it was worth missing it '05. Glad I didnt bother.
                Remember....Your only young once.....

But you can be immature for as long as you bloody well like!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dung Beetle+Jan 13 2006, 02:26 PM-->
                  2 years ago it was a good show, run by the Jypsy Jokers,
                  [/b]
                  no it wasn't

<!--QuoteBegin-Old Dung Beetle
                  @Jan 13 2006, 02:26 PM
                  Last years was run by THE SAME group as previous years. It was just called the Perth Motorcycle and Scooter Show.

But I agree it wasn&#39;t as good as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy@Jan 14 2006, 05:59 PM
                    no it wasn&#39;t

Last years was run by THE SAME group as previous years. It was just called the Perth Motorcycle and Scooter Show.

But I agree it wasn&#39;t as good as last year.
                    [snapback]214649[/snapback]
                    yeah ok i could be wrong, but the jypsy jokers had a bike bike display on and maybe it is just a coincidence but that particular year had alot going on as oppose to last year. So i figured they musta had something to do with it.
                    ODB&#39;s Car

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dung Beetle@Jan 15 2006, 10:17 AM
                      yeah ok i could be wrong, but the jypsy jokers had a bike bike display on and maybe it is just a coincidence but that particular year had alot going on as oppose to last year. So i figured they musta had something to do with it.
                      [snapback]214881[/snapback]
                      Do you just open your mouth to change feet? Why would 1%ers bother to make a display at a predominately street and sport bike commercial show?

Maybe you&#39;re thinking of a couple of shops that sell Harleys and Triumphs etc... have put up a display.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy@Jan 15 2006, 12:39 PM

Maybe you&#39;re thinking of a couple of shops that sell Harleys and Triumphs etc... have put up a display.
                        [snapback]214946[/snapback]
                        The 2 shows were so different i assumed they were organised by different people, so if you claim to know? I will open my mouth to change feet as i wont argue going off an assumption.
                        I doubt the bikes on display were owned by retail shops as these bikes were custom built for dirt drags with huge V8 engines in them, tyres which are about 4ft wide with big paddels, not the kind of bike that can be bought in a harley/ triumph shop, not to mention the strong presence of gang members who just sat by and kept an eye on the bikes. Why would they bother? Maybe they were paid well to put on the display, after all they operate as a legitimate business. Whatever it was it was alot more interesting than empty floor space like in &#39;05.
                        I hope they bring it back because once everyone had seen the handful of bikes which were main attractions there was nothing else to look at. I guess thats why there were more people out in the carpark looking at public bikes.
                        ODB&#39;s Car

Comment

One thing you guys are forgetting is its not huge but the mad ride had/(im hoping is going to have this year too) a few bike stands set up at the end point. It&#39;s not a bike show I know but its still good to be able to walk around and look at all the new bikes and talk shop with people.

Comment

I doubt the bikes on display were owned by retail shops as these bikes were custom built for dirt drags with huge V8 engines in them, tyres which are about 4ft wide with big paddels, not the kind of bike that can be bought in a harley/ triumph shop, not to mention the strong presence of gang members who just sat by and kept an eye on the bikes.
                            Oh yeah I remember that. they were just inside the entrance revving the crap out of their bikes so that everyone from the age of 6 months and up could here that was walking through the door. Very bright fucking idea, maybe that&#39;s why they weren&#39;t there last year. Last years event was very disappointing apparently dealer advertising space was very expensive. If the owners of the building made it cheaper perhaps it could be bigger, after all WA has the highest amount of bike registrations in Australia, plus we are the biggest state. I think we deserve the biggest and best show.

Shadow Keeper
                            2000 ZZR1100

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dung Beetle@Jan 15 2006, 11:32 PM
                              The 2 shows were so different i assumed they were organised by different people, so if you claim to know? I will open my mouth to change feet as i wont argue going off an assumption.
                              [snapback]215212[/snapback]
                              Niiiiice call Dung Beetle

U dA mAn

Comment

Working...
                              X