This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancellation of the Supporter Program

This serves to advise that the PSB Supporter program has been terminated.

Although your support assisted with the costs of running this forum, the total value of the support does not exceed the server running costs, forum license fees and funeral notices yet seems to provide a reason for some people to think that supporting gives them immunity from posting rules along with the belief by a small minority that this forum is a money making enterprise for either myself or moderators.

To alleviate these issues and to provide reassurance that we only have one interest in mind (encouraging the communication and social interaction between Perth sports motorcyclists) the Supporter program has been canceled with immediate effect.

For those people who are currently PSB Supporters, you will remain a supporter until the anniversary of the date you took up your current subscription.

For your support I thank you.

Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

this is a real shame for the people out there that do actually support this forum with a clear perception of what that means...

Any further 'support' that can be given would be gladly given to this site...

Comment

Deej while you have obviously thought this issue out, I for one think $20 per year is a very very small price to pay for the enjoyment, friends and good time I have had since being a member.

Being a supporter has not made me beleive that I am exempt from the rules and anyone who thinks that is the case is living in cloud cuckoo land, i mean if you pay a gym membership does that mean you get to shower in the opposite sex's changerooms, or vacate your bowels on the treadmill, i dont think so.

I and I am sure many others will be more than happy to either continue to donate money towards PSB's running costs (which as you have pointed out obviously does not come close to covering all the costs) or alternatively use my annual $20 to be donated to a charity of PSB's choice, perhaps MAD or whatever.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 05R1boy@Jan 13 2006, 03:21 PM
        I am sure many others will be more than happy to either continue to donate money towards PSB's running costs (which as you have pointed out obviously does not come close to covering all the costs) or alternatively use my annual $20 to be donated to a charity of PSB's choice, perhaps MAD or whatever.

Thanks
        [snapback]214233[/snapback]
        Thanks, apprecaite your comments and I think the latter would be a good sugestion.

Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 13 2006, 03:24 PM
          Thanks, apprecaite your comments and I think the latter would be a good sugestion.

Deej
          [snapback]214237[/snapback]
          Consider it done!

Comment

I know a lot of other forums have supporter programs going, one that springs to mind is the Mazda Forums ( http://www.msprotege.com/forum/ ). They have a donation system going, and never seems to be a problem.

But I guess it just comes down to people pulling their head's out of their asses and realising that cash doesnt equal immunity, at least not unless you are Skasey!!
            Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 13 2006, 03:11 PM
              Although your support assisted with the costs of running this forum, the total value of the support does not exceed the server running costs, forum license fees and funeral notices yet seems to provide a reason for some people to think that supporting gives them immunity from posting rules along with the belief by a small minority that this forum is a money making enterprise for either myself or moderators.
              [snapback]214221[/snapback]
              That sounds like a shame. I'm not sure who was involved.

Not a kneejerk reaction? Or is it the last straw that broke the camel's back? Although not fully paying for upkeep costs, I would have thought the funds from the supporter program were substantial, and without them, the quality of the forums must take some sort of a hit.

Using the number of current paid up supporters, can you provide an annual amount that would approximately cover the server running costs? $30? $40?

Comment

No, there will be no change to the services. I have always invested in the good kit and nothing will suffer and as always, am happy to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 13 2006, 04:09 PM
                  No, their will be no change to the services.* I have always invested in the good kit and nothing will suffer and as always, am happy to pay for it.
                  [snapback]214272[/snapback]

While you are feeling generous, how about a ride on you SP?

Comment

I and I am sure many others will be more than happy to either continue to donate money towards PSB's running costs (which as you have pointed out obviously does not come close to covering all the costs) or alternatively use my annual $20 to be donated to a charity of PSB's choice, perhaps MAD or whatever.
                    ditto

This might be totally against what you want for the forum, but perhaps you could have an ad page that is linked from the main forum, that we could click on once a day or something. with the amount of visits we are getting now would it make a difference?

Really appreciate everything Deej and crew.
                    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by 05R1boy@Jan 13 2006, 04:12 PM
                      While you are feeling generous, how about a ride on you SP?*
                      [snapback]214276[/snapback]
                      U sure you wana sit on the back?

Ohh and PS: Your Very Special Warm Cup of FUck All Else!will be refunded by Dubs in due course.

Comment

serious shame Deej, it's not good thinking it gives anything more than "self satisfaction" you help in a very small way to the huge cost this forum has for you, i actually liked the idea of it considering all the info and help that gets put out there

as simon said, i'll gladly chip it in to where ever it shall go

oh i got my cup today so its ok, dont need the refund

Comment

Its a shame, $20 was nothing for all the good information and friends made from the forum.

Btw do we get some photo's of the new R1?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy+Jan 13 2006, 04:20 PM-->
                            Its a shame, $20 was nothing* for all the good information and friends mate from the forum.
                            [snapback]214283[/snapback]
                            [/b]
                            You still get all that..... only it's even better value now!!!

<!--QuoteBegin-Fordy
                            @Jan 13 2006, 04:20 PM
                            Btw do we get some photo&#39;s of the new R1?

[snapback]214283[/snapback]
                            Pipes dont arrive till Wednesday..... I&#39;ll post then.

Comment

Well I&#39;ll still gladly pay up, in the background with no recognition and with no expectations.

I like the site too much me thinks
                              Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Working...
                              X