my learning curve in riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my learning curve in riding

as a new rider (~2 months), i have had a very intersting week and a very step learning curve.
    1. I learnt that a virago is not capable of doing stoppies, though near mishaps can occur.
    2. I learnt about long rides and that just because its a bike doesnt mean that a trip will be shorter. damn frequent stoppings for drink and toilets
    3. I have learnt that riding in the wet is a task best taken slowly
    4. I have had my first off, Touch wood at low speed with minimal cosmetic damage to my bike and a sore ankle and knee.
    5. I have learnt that the day you venture out without a certian set of gear (i.e. kneepads) is the day need them
    6. I have learnt YOU ARE INVISIBLE... as was the case when an old man tried to run me over at a stopsign, then proceded to take of through the stopsign in front of me. not: he also did not acknowledge in any way when I requested to have a nice chat and cup of tea with him.

This week has been a very large learning curve <_<

Sorry to hear that Letterman.. atleast you are alive to learn. That&#39;s pretty much all we can do.. learn from our mistakes, from others and keep our eyes open and ears peeled to pick up any ideas as well.

Hope the damage to yourself and your bike wasn&#39;t too bad and cheaply repairable.
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Originally posted by ChOOkiE@Jan 13 2006, 03:35 PM
      Sorry to hear that Letterman.. atleast you are alive to learn.  That&#39;s pretty much all we can do.. learn from our mistakes, from others and keep our eyes open and ears peeled to pick up any ideas as well.

Hope the damage to yourself and your bike wasn&#39;t too bad and cheaply repairable.
      [snapback]214242[/snapback]

couldn&#39;t have said it better myself chookie...

the &#39;good&#39; thing about this shit is that we also learn from others mistakes...

trust you&#39;re goin ok dude and will be back on the bike soon enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by letterman@Jan 13 2006, 03:25 PM
        as a new rider (~2 months), i have had a very intersting week and a very step learning curve.
        1. I learnt that a virago is not capable of doing stoppies, though near mishaps can occur.
        2. I learnt about long rides and that just because its a bike doesnt mean that a trip will be shorter. damn frequent stoppings for drink and toilets
        3. I have learnt that riding in the wet is a task best taken slowly
        4. I have had my first off, Touch wood at low speed with minimal cosmetic damage to my bike and a sore ankle and knee.
        5. I have learnt that the day you venture out without a certian set of gear (i.e. kneepads) is the day need them 
        6. I have learnt YOU ARE INVISIBLE... as was the case when an old man tried to run me over at a stopsign, then proceded to take of through the stopsign in front of me. not: he also did not acknowledge in any way when I requested to have a nice chat and cup of tea with him.

This week has been a very large learning curve  <_<
        [snapback]214239[/snapback]
        In between all that learning try to have some enjoyment out of motorcycling. It is a wonderful thing
        When you don&#39;t have a bike you realise just how wonderful it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by exodus_68@Jan 13 2006, 03:59 PM
          In between all that learning try to have some enjoyment out of motorcycling. It is a wonderful thing
          When you don&#39;t have a bike you realise just how wonderful it is!!
          [snapback]214261[/snapback]
          every single other second i was on the bike

Comment

hey letterman, well at least your alright and as you said no real damage done. Dont worry i have to learn most things the hard way

Comment

good to see your ok and hope your ankle doesnt hurt too much tomorrow, atleast you can still enjoy riding eh
              its not the way it should be but we have to expect every car is going to run us over
              and yes at times it seems the gear is needed when its not in use, not good learning the hard way either

Comment

ANY day you live to talk about is a GOOD day!

Keep enjoying riding and don&#39;t let the idiots ruin your fun!

Comment

Wait until a lit cigarette gets flung into either your crotch or into an open visor.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Tough Breaks Letterman!

I still remember my first 6 months on the road were like that .... well maybe not the same frequency and without the off.

Everyones out to kill us, and yes we are invisible, loud pipes save lives

Comment

I have learnt that the day you venture out without a certian set of gear (i.e. kneepads) is the day need them
                      you wear kneepads??!! next thing we know, you&#39;ll be extolling the virtues of wearing other things like helmets and gloves an shit....
                      all i can say is "welcome to the real world" mate, and the sooner you learn all those little lessons, the better, even better that you did it with minimal damge. now, get back out there and enjoy yourself!
                      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Jan 13 2006, 06:09 PM
                        Wait until a lit cigarette gets flung into either your crotch or into an open visor.
                        [snapback]214334[/snapback]
                        That happened to me thank god the butt was against my cheek and the lit end was burning my helmet .

Since that day, i always put out and dispose of my cigarette buts in my ash tray in the cage

Comment

Originally posted by Brendon@Jan 13 2006, 11:09 PM
                          Since that day, i always put out and dispose of my cigarette buts in my ash tray in the cage
                          [snapback]214431[/snapback]
                          Same here - except I hardly drive the car any more, and when I do I don&#39;t seem to smoke in it! :o Hey, guess what!? Riding bikes cures cancer!
                          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

That happened to me  thank god the butt was against my cheek and the lit end was burning my helmet  .
                            spose you get that if you try smoking and riding... :o
                            "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by Brendon@Jan 13 2006, 11:09 PM
                                Thank god the butt was against my cheek and the lit end was burning my helmet 
                              [snapback]214431[/snapback]
                              :mellow: Okay... Not picking my bike keys up infront of you.
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X