Farrrking Wasps.. Keep ur visor down :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrrking Wasps.. Keep ur visor down :(

Went for a ride to york early Sunday to scrub my tyres in.
    1/2 way there I had a wasp fly into my helmet and lodge between my temple and helmet. After nearly going off the road as it was mid corner and 4 wasp stings later.....

Ended up swelling up like a baloon, had to see a Doc and get Antibiotics & Anithistameans... So yeah u won't see me riding with visor up too much esp on country trips.

Careful ppls
    Will you insure me?!

Shit man, you're lucky. If it was me it's a quick trip to hospital if there's one near by!

Comment

man ive had lots of bee's sting me while ive had the visor up but im not allergic and they only sting ya once which is bad enough ..... ouch dude !
      Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
      Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Jees... at least with a Bee you only cop a hit once and you are left with a certain level of rhestecpa for the little critter's commitment cos you know he is guna die from it.

But those wasps….. 3 times! Nasty. Never been stung by a wasp (touch wood) but I don’t imagine its nice.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Same, I'm allergic to bee stings, not sure I assume wasps have a similar sort of poison.

Damn, lucky Frag!
          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

thats must suck dude

i rode to the shops once, i thought fuck dont need the gloves

BANG fuckin bee in the hand, thing went num, hard to ride with a num hand
            Love
            Nick :twisted:

Comment

Went through a swam of bees on a country run a few weeks ago with me visor up! Fortunately ducked behind the fairing in time and kept them out of my face it was like being sprayed with pollen pellets. I was waiting for the pain to come from somewhere for a few minutes after but was lucky.
              Such is life "Ned Kelly"

Comment

Their sticky little buggers to clean off... :x
                Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Well to make the swelling worse I came down with the biggest fever I have had as long as I can remember, had tues/wed off work

Oh well.. I'm going to make it my lifes work to eradicate wasps
                  Will you insure me?!

Comment

Maybe we could invent a bug-screen (like strong fly-screen) for the conventional motorcyclist? Like have it on the outside of your clear visor to flip down in summer when you still want air flow and non fog-vision but dont want bugs or rocks slapping you in your face?
                    mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

mastrmage wrote:
                      Maybe we could invent a bug-screen (like strong fly-screen) for the conventional motorcyclist? Like have it on the outside of your clear visor to flip down in summer when you still want air flow and non fog-vision but dont want bugs or rocks slapping you in your face?  

so...the bug hits yer helmet screen at 140kmh plus....and like a pastry maker...is then dismembered into 276 peices, all of which dripping with insect goo......then slamming into your face.. nice

ill take 2

Comment

mastrmage wrote:

so...the bug hits yer helmet screen at 140kmh plus....and like a pastry maker...is then dismembered into 276 peices, all of which dripping with insect goo......then slamming into your face.. nice

ill take 2
                        Hahaha that's fucken funny.

Comment

I've eaten my fair shair of bugs.. its what puts hair on ya chest..
                          mashed bugs sounds even better.. saves me chewing LOL
                          Will you insure me?!

Comment

FraG wrote:
                            I've eaten my fair shair of bugs.. its what puts hair on ya chest..  
                            mashed bugs sounds even better.. saves me chewing LOL
                            One Bugshake coming right up.... would you like flies with that?

Comment

Yeh, country roads are bad for that. I had a bee go in da same spot as you frag (between my temple and helmet)

its like slam on da breaks, and get that helmet off ASAP.. also had one his me in da neck

Comment

Working...
                              X