Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Trailer / Transport

Dear All
    Due to a buggered battery I have a ZX9R at the DPI Inspection Centre in O'Connor that I need moving to near Quinns Rock's area. I am having trouble locating a bike trailer for hire. Does anyone know of anyone who may have such a trailer for loan/hire. Conversely I am aware that one of our members (?Sabre) has a recovery business. Any contact no's for that either? Any other ideas on a "cost-effective" means of transpotting said ZX9 would be greatly appreciated.

The timing is perfect for this 'cos my wife is off to Melbourne tomorrow for a conference and I have 2 kids to look after - bugger!

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Paul

Originally posted by langy@Jan 14 2006, 03:12 PM
    Conversely I am aware that one of our members (?Sabre) has a recovery business. Any contact no's for that either?
    [snapback]214569[/snapback]
    Give Murdoch (sabre1) a call on 0416013217 (his business is called MTS), he is a top bloke and has an excellent bike trailer, if he cant help you, no-one can.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
    your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Hire a box trailer with cage, take a couple of mates, roll it up on a plank and strap it down.

Comment

I'm in Carine and have an old box trailor and ramp you can borrow if you need. A fireblade fits in it easy.

Comment

I can do it with the added bonus of insurance covering your bike while in my care if anything should go wrong plus my rate is about the same as hiring a trailer but less work for you
          AND its done by someone who knows bikes and rides them (unlike some other towtruck drivers)

ps forgot PSB'ers get a discount on your level off participation here
          eg supporter mod certifiable

Comment

Give Murdoch a call. Contact dets in the network neighbourhood.

All I can say is that you are lucky we didn't get photos...

Comment

im in quinns rocks. You can use my trailer + tie downs if ya need. Send a PM
              Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Many thanks to you all for your offers of help and advice, hopefully have a lift tomorrow (and an offer of childcare!), I'll try a new battery and see how that goes.
                Paul

Comment

I was going to say, if the batterys the only thing wrong with it seems like a bit of an expensive exercise to trailer it home just to buy a new battery and ride it around again.

If you have a real hard time, I may be able to sort you out with a battery to borrow for the day.

P.S. offtopic, but if you were going there for an inspection, did the battery die before or after you went over the pits?

Comment

Originally posted by leezxr@Jan 15 2006, 07:39 PM
                    I was going to say, if the batterys the only thing wrong with it seems like a bit of an expensive exercise to trailer it home just to buy a new battery and ride it around again.

If you have a real hard time, I may be able to sort you out with a battery to borrow for the day.

P.S. offtopic, but if you were going there for an inspection, did the battery die before or after you went over the pits?*
                    [snapback]215111[/snapback]
                    Thankfully the transport option was due to the Wife being away and me having 2 kids all week! Managed to get a mate who is also off work this week to give me a lift, his wife had the kids, new battery and Bingo! The battery died 'cos I'd been away for a week and left the bloody silly parking light on whilst it was in the garage. It jump started no problem that morning but resolutley refused to budge whilst in O'Connor. I was on the Police run training day, lead by Macca McKenzie - Top Bloke. Top comedy moment which I hoped had been captured on a camera, was a bike Cop pushing me round a carpark trying to bump start it, whilst underneath a huge poster saying "Flat Battery - Holler for a Marshall"
                    Mercifully me Ninja is back to it's former glory. Thanks once again to all for your kind offers of help.

Comment

Working...
                    X