My dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dilemma...

I just got off the phone to the broker, and I am approved for a loan on a new bike. The thing is...do I get the bike now, and hope to put 1000km on it in time for trackday, and ride a new and unfamiliar bike?
    Or do I play it sensible and have some patience, and wait until after track day to get it? The bike looks like being a kwaka er6-n, so it's not like I'm stepping onto a fiery litre beast.

decisions...decisions...
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Wait. Running it in and getting the requisite servicing done in time will be a hassle.

Nice choice of bike. I think the er6n looks awesome

Comment

Are you using the GPX as a trade? I'd get the bike now...
      I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge@Jan 16 2006, 03:41 PM
        I just got off the phone to the broker, and I am approved for a loan on a new bike. The thing is...do I get the bike now, and hope to put 1000km on it in time for trackday, and ride a new and unfamiliar bike?
        Or do I play it sensible and have some patience, and wait until after track day to get it? The bike looks like being a kwaka er6-n, so it's not like I'm stepping onto a fiery litre beast.

decisions...decisions...
        [snapback]215430[/snapback]
        If you're using your GPX as a trade and only gonna have the er6-n, don't do track day, not worth it, run it in properly and do the right thing by it.

If you're gonna have both do the track day on the GPX and keep the nice beastie at home

BTW - Rode one a couple of weeks ago as a loaner and they arn't too bad, nice and zippy and can move through traffic real good, fair bit of vibration through foot pegs and the bars though.
        If you've put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you've already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

Comment

What a brilliant looking bike. Wow.
          Get it now! You getting the silver on as in the pix?
          Wow again.

Comment

Get it now, book in the service for the 3rd of Feb (friday)
            a couple of country runs and normal riding and you are set!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy@Jan 16 2006, 04:18 PM
              Get it now, book in the service for the 3rd of Feb (friday)
              a couple of country runs and normal riding and you are set!
              [snapback]215449[/snapback]

Agreed with what this person said, oh and insure with Shannon's so you are insured on the track

Comment

Originally posted by 05R1boy@Jan 16 2006, 04:24 PM
                Agreed with what this person said, oh and insure with Shannon's so you are insured on the track
                [snapback]215456[/snapback]
                Wouldn't have thought so, have you read the fine print?

If so post so we can read what you're reading
                If you've put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you've already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

Comment

Get it now !!!

Trackday is about mates and fun times , not riding hard and winning championships ...

Comment

I know a very nice Gixer 1000 (05) with 1090 kpms on it that is officially available as of today.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by ONYERBIKE@Jan 16 2006, 04:34 PM
                      Wouldn't have thought so, have you read the fine print?

If so post so we can read what you're reading
                      [snapback]215462[/snapback]

THe only condition on the insruance at the track is that the event must NOT be associated with CAMS, ie if you were attending the bike only day and flipped it you wouldnot be covered as it is affiliated with CAMS.

Most things at Barbagellos are not!

So i stand my previous post after several conversations with the general liability manager of SHANNONS, they ensure you at the track as long as the event you are participating is not affiliated with CAMS

Comment

Yeah I'm with the get it now crew, theres alot of contraversy going both ways regarding 'running in', and I really dont think the bike will hate you for a track day. Trade in now, do a bit of riding so you get the feel for things, and have the time of your life.

As a fellow 250 owner, lets face it, big bikes are much more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 05R1boy@Jan 16 2006, 04:59 PM
                          THe only condition on the insruance at the track is that the event must NOT be associated with CAMS, ie if you were attending the bike only day and flipped it you wouldnot be covered as it is affiliated with CAMS.

Most things at Barbagellos are not!

So i stand my previous post after several conversations with the general liability manager of SHANNONS, they ensure you at the track as long as the event you are participating is not affiliated with CAMS
                          [snapback]215477[/snapback]
                          Okay, no worries, then the only trouble would be if you used the bike every day for transport you'd be going against their policy anyway, so you wouldn't get Shannon's on your everyday ride unless you don't use it much

Comment

I would base the decision on if you can get oggies for the new bike.

Oggies = Ride new bike at the track

No Oggies = ride old bike at the track

Either way be at the track

Doesn't matter what your on it's a shitload of fun

PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE

Comment

Thanks guys. I've had a tal to the missus, and her answer was "why the hell would you do a track day on a bike then trade it in, you won't learn to ride the new one that way". I found this quite sensible, so it looks like new bike now is the winner!

And yes, oggies are an automatic addition.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X