Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The snitcher

Snitcher

Just wondering if anyone has one of these....would be very interesting to find out if their online tracking service works worldwide or just in England. All I know is the scorpio SR-i500 doesn't cut it when you are to far away from the bike.

Online Store

Already here dood (diff product tho, made in orstraya).

Check out these threads:

Rojone Bike Bandit - How it Workz

Bike Bandit Part Two - PSB put it to the test

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Deej bike bandit costs so much....so so much. This device is only 199 pounds which is roughly 470$. Plus the running costs are way cheaper cause you can just use your normal mobile. And with the mobiles these days you can go on the web and use the datatool website to track your bike on your phone! That means you cut costs everywhere.

Comment

Shit that is cheep and yes the Bike Bandit is serious coin.

Will take a closer look.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

OK, had a bit of a squzz and it uses the GSM network to only tell you what area the bike is in. No doubt you could then solicit the support of Telstra, or whoever the bikes sim card is in to use the triangulation method to detect a closer location of the bike. Problem is, Telstra cant be bothered with this sort of thing, it has been a big issue for years. This unit does not have a GPS unit, it only relies on the sim card and what cell it is connected too at the time.

The bike bandit actually has a GPS unit, hence the reason you get coordinates that are accurate to a couple of metres (as you can see by our test).

I still think the bike bandit is the only reliable option for these reasons.

There is another system out in the USA, the name eludes me, that sends out a radio signal and a series of towers detect the location of the bike and report it to the police if the bike is ever stolen. Not out in Aus yet because it requires a serious investment for someone to set up radio tower infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 18 2006, 11:35 AM
            There is another system out in the USA, the name eludes me, that sends out a radio signal and a series of towers detect the location of the bike and report it to the police if the bike is ever stolen.
            [snapback]216324[/snapback]
            Lojack?

http://www.lojack.com/lowjack.html

Comment

Okay so not as good as the bike bandit but still better than the scorpio alarm and cheaper.

Comment

Good Points about the cost savings but if the GSM infrastructure providers in australia arnt going to play ball then your scorpio is probably more useful.

The police "might" issue a notice to comply (or whatever its called) and order the telephone co to play ball, but that could take weeks during which your bike battery goes flat, or if they stick the bike in a container or a shed in bindoon theres no reception to locate the bike.

GPS is the only effective solution in Australia, well that or Rooster

Comment

Originally posted by snowman95+Jan 18 2006, 11:58 AM-->
                  Lojack?

http://www.lojack.com/lowjack.html
                  [snapback]216331[/snapback]
                  [/b]
                  Thats them, thanks Snowy.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dingo
                  @Jan 18 2006, 09:36 PM
                  GPS is the only effective solution in Australia, well that or Rooster
                  [snapback]216514[/snapback]
                  Yeh I think I&#39;d have to agree with this.

Being a victim of a Stolen few months old K3 I would have to say that it is only once these that gives you the confidence to fine the bike and the fuckers who took it and then send in the Rooster.

Comment

Working...
                  X