New screen for Kermit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New screen for Kermit

Kermit recieved its much needed new screen today after a stone flying up from a cager put paid to the mirror finish.

So surfed Ebay (e-bay is my friend mmmmm) and found a Puig racing Double Bubble, in GREEN (of course), for the princly sum of $A50, plus $A20 postage.

So for a grand total of $A70 I received it today, took just 6 days to get here from the USofA.

Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

what ebay seller? do they do them for the zx9r?
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Looks sweet Gryphen

Originally posted by sathid@Jan 19 2006, 12:09 PM
      what ebay seller? do they do them for the zx9r?
      [snapback]216728[/snapback]
      Since when did you have a 9 dude?

Comment

Great choice of screen.

Puig is an awsome product. Would not buy anything else.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

lol. I was wondering if someone would ask that. I dont, but my cousin has one, and he's been complaining about not being able to comfortably get behind the screen
          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Nice pick up Kim...isn't that Yamaha green tho'?
            I know a good gardener, too!

Steve
            Originally posted by Viper
            I'm probably fucking something up.
            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
            Administrator

Comment

It was a one-off from a Ebay wreckers, it was still new in its wrappings.

Comment

Actually guys, wait up, there is something not right with that screen I'm thinking.

TO my knowledge Puig do not make screens with the rubber trim thing around the edge, all their screens are factory tapered and rounded like OEM screens.

Are you sure the seller is legit, that its a Puig and that you got wot u paid for?

Perhaps I am wrong, but the puigs iv seen/owned look a different finish.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve@Jan 19 2006, 12:22 PM
                  I know a good gardener, too!
                  [snapback]216742[/snapback]
                  So do I ..... but i can't be shagged doing it, lol, it's the 'native-esque' section of the garden, lol

Comment

Screen looks hot, Kim - looks better than the old one I reckon - sweet! I'll still be able to tell it's you on the tail of the Alpaca Runs

And geez, Deej - at $70 delivered who cares!
                    I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Well Deej if it's a fake they went to a LOT of extra effort what with all the packaging, paperwork, badging, stickers etc.

Packaging is marked PUIG Racing Screen. Made in Spain. Was originaly sold by Motoplastic S.A Cupula Racing Kawasaki ZX7R 96-02 C/VERDE Ref.:0314V with barcode 0 000000 314862.

There's also all the fitting paperwork, in 4 different languages and lists the webiste as http://www.motoplastic.com/

It appears to be legit.

Might just be an older version.

Comment

Ahh thats some comfort. Just thought it strange when I saw the rubber trim.

nice choice of screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 20 2006, 10:24 AM
                          Ahh thats some comfort.* Just thought it strange when I saw the rubber trim.

nice choice of screen.
                          [snapback]217283[/snapback]

Deej i have a PUIG too, off ebay, it came with a rounded finish and in the box was a length of plastic to put around the rim if desired which i did. Mine was $69 delivered

Comment

looks sweet, dare i say a tad better than the other one

Originally posted by Gryphen@Jan 19 2006, 12:24 PM
                            it's the 'native-esque' section of the garden, lol
                            [snapback]216745[/snapback]
                            the correct terminology is 'naturesque' and its all the rage, i've gone with the new fangled idea too

Comment

Originally posted by horse@Jan 21 2006, 11:26 PM
                              looks sweet, dare i say a tad better than the other one*
                              the correct terminology is 'naturesque' and its all the rage, i've gone with the new fangled idea too*
                              [snapback]217906[/snapback]
                              Well thanks for that, I still don't think this screen is as bling as the other, but better than clear for sure.

As to the garden.... every summer it goes the same. We live on the edge of the desert and so my garden looks like it, lol.

Must admit though that the back garden round the pool looks a lot more tropical.

Comment

Working...
                              X