lane splitting survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lane splitting survey

Sadly we have had a technical hitch with the lanesplitting survey. I will still be putting it up, just in a week or two. After the proposal goes through the ntc it then has to go through govt for legislation, if it gets that far and we have a survey ready it'll be great.I urge everybody to write a calm, brief letter to the ntc gdeimos@ntc.gov.au and raise your concerns with him, it has to be in by tommorrow morning though. Also in the other post about the meeting seandre suggests writing to your local member, also a very good idea.
    <div align="center">
    "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

I sent an email to Greg Deimos asking him for information on the basis of the recommendation. He didn&#39;t respond. Just looked on the NTC website and the online comments facility shows closed. That is poor.

I think the good Dr is right. Just cos the NTC consultation is closed doesn&#39;t mean there isn&#39;t value in sending feedback to an MP.

Comment

Originally posted by nevr2old@Jan 19 2006, 09:13 PM
      I sent an email to Greg Deimos asking him for information on the basis of the recommendation. He didn&#39;t respond. Just looked on the NTC website and the online comments facility shows closed. That is poor.

I think the good Dr is right. Just cos the NTC consultation is closed doesn&#39;t mean there isn&#39;t value in sending feedback to an MP.
      [snapback]217037[/snapback]

I believe we can still send one directly to him and it will make it, the meeting&#39;s tommorrow. Linley Crackel might be good to lcrackel@dpc.gov.au she&#39;s in the committee from WA she sounded realy nice on the phone.
      <div align="center">
      "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

I sent the following email to the bloke looking after consultation at National Transport Commission. I was disapponted at the lack of information or response...even if I only asked the questions a couple of days ago.

Greg,

I have previously requested information from you as to the drivers and basis for the proposed amendment related to motorcycle lane splitting. To be more specific I want to know:
        1. who and what has caused the NTC to propose this law change
        2. the research that supports this proposed change.

I am disappointed that you have not been able to respond to my request before the close of consultation. I think my request is basic and one to which you should have been able to respond promptly.

I have read the consultation paper related to this amendment. It contains very little hard information and I think it is reasonable to expect that you would be able to respond quickly to requests for meaningful information. The material in the consultation document is patronising and baseless assertion. In particular I have grave concerns about this section in the consultation paper:
        Although delay times for motor bike riders are expected to be minimal, some opposition can be expected from the motor bike fraternity, as it involves a change of behaviour. Nevertheless, the proposed amendment is expected to gain the support of the general motoring community and remove the crash risk to motor bike riders engaging in the practice.
        It seems to me that the consultation paper is saying that any concerns raised by the section of the community that this directly impacted by this amendment should be ignored because their oppostition is simply because they will have to change their behaviour. This sends a clear message that NTC is not interested in consultation and is only going through the motions.

Could you please respond to me within 7 days advising:
        1. who has initiated this proposed law change and why
        2. the research that NTC has in relation to the proposed amendment (copies please)
        3. an explanation of why a document put out for community consultation contains a sentence saying that concerns by the road users most impacted by the law change can be dismissed.

Please advise me if you are unable to respond in the 7 day timeframe.

Regards
        Neil

Comment

Working...
        X