2006 R1-underseat exhaust recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 R1-underseat exhaust recommendations

Ok, new 2006 R1 (Black) hopefully being picked up tomorrow arvo... I haven't ordered any pipes for it yet as I am a little undecided. So does anyone have any recommendations on what to get. I would really like to see some picts of them if anyone has any.. Thanks...
    Looking for the shiney look, not the Carbon fiber... Need to make this one as good as MYR6... well try at least...
    Sponsored by:
    Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Hey Jason,

I went for the Microns on my 04? Nice and shiney...Sorry no Pics thou....But you may Remember me comin for a ride with you Guys one night bout 6 months ago (blue R1 04) we did Shelley then to Freo.Will see ya up the Track for the Psb Day.

Will ya be takin the New bike on tha track??

Till Then

Craig
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Ah yes now I remember..... Not too sure about the PSB trackday, as far as going in it, but will be there anyway... Just depends how I feel on it in the next week or so...

Can't remember your pipes though....
      Sponsored by:

Comment

mm my bosses mate has a set of yoshi carbons, i know u said no carbon

but god damn they look friggin hot

he will bet at the track day so u can loook and hear then
        RIP Scott!
        RIP Onikage!
        RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Rip off the mufflers and get a set of straight pipes put on, nothing will beat that, I will put up a pick as soon as mine are done.
          Rock it - Roll it an Twist it!!

All new parts available, contact me anytime.

Comment

Just put some Two Brothers Racing pipes on my bike. Very happy with them. Will post review/pics on the weekend. Have a look at the pattern in the Carbon Fibre.

Five Star Yamaha sell these. I think the might even have them in stock for the R1.

Comment

Titanium Akropovics
              Titanium Triangle Yoshi's
              Titanium Termigoni's

Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

yoshimura TRS!

Comment

Thats them Fordy.

Comment

if you want most power go with GYTR!

There is a shoot out on the american forum that consistently shows the GYTR slip ons with all combinations of other mods produce the most power, i will try to find the link. They sound horn too!

Comment

GYTR are carbon tho

Comment

My opinion....

The 06 R6 has that short stubby pipe out the side.
                        Do you specifically want to go underseat?

I seem to recall there is a rather large catalytic converter under the belly pan.

If it were me, i'd wait 3 months or so (gonna be hard) and see what the different manufacturers come up with to replace the stubby pipe (and hopefully get rid of the cat), but still keeping the theme of a short pipe exiting the bottom of the fairing.

Comment

We'll bring you round to the carbon yet .........

These are actually the ones that come on the bike when i bought it. If I were to put some on it would be the carbon termignoni! But the titanium terignoni is just as hot, WSBK style

Sick of searching, this is what i found for now, lots of carbon, mmmmmmm

:o
                          If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy+Jan 20 2006, 08:34 AM-->

yoshimura TRS!
                            [snapback]217211[/snapback]
                            [/b]
                            Yoshi's it is ... was leaning toward these as I think they sound awsome on my (old) R6. Just needed to see picts, didn't know if they looked stupid or not... Thanks for the pict Fordy...

Originally posted by CB Boy@Jan 20 2006, 08:50 AM
                            My opinion....
                            The 06 R6 has that short stubby pipe out the side.
                            Do you specifically want to go underseat?

I seem to recall there is a rather large catalytic converter under the belly pan.

If it were me, i'd wait 3 months or so (gonna be hard) and see what the different manufacturers come up with to replace the stubby pipe (and hopefully get rid of the cat), but still keeping the theme of a short pipe exiting the bottom of the fairing.
                            [snapback]217231[/snapback]
                            *whispers quietly*... R1 CB boy.... *wink*

<!--QuoteBegin-thumpintl1000r
                            @Jan 20 2006, 08:52 AM
                            We&#39;ll bring you round to the carbon yet .........

These are actually the ones that come on the bike when i bought it. If I were to put some on it would be the carbon termignoni! But the titanium terignoni is just as hot, WSBK style

Sick of searching, this is what i found for now, lots of carbon, mmmmmmm

* :o
                            [snapback]217234[/snapback]
                            Thanks for the pict thumpintl100r... Thought he bikini was the best one... hmmmmm
                            Sponsored by:

Comment

oi thumpin, remove that crappy guard on the right side of the exhaust, the black plastic one. I have taken mine off and super polished the slip on stainless and the cat y-pipe and it looks trick.

I or my pillion have not burnt our legs once.

What i did do as a precaution was cut a tiny bit of the heat guard off the inside of the black plastic gaurd and tape it to the side of the rear brake resevior that is closest to the cat pipe just to keep a little bit of the heat away from the brake fluid. The guy at the shop said it aint necessary but you can hardly see it so who cares, added insurancew against boiling fluid.

It honestly looks a lot better without the black plastic bit runing up the inside so the shiney exhaust pipe is there to see like the other side.

PS those devils look sweet, if i did not have my GYTR&#39;s i would think twice

Comment

Working...
                              X