This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zx6 belmont forum saturday 11am

just letting you know your bike needs oil URGENTLY, couldnt see any in the sight glass (i parked next to you).

if inappropiate mods feel free to remove
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Originally posted by Falcore@Jan 21 2006, 12:05 PM
    just letting you know your bike needs oil URGENTLY, couldnt see any in the sight glass (i parked next to you).

if inappropiate mods feel free to remove*
    [snapback]217774[/snapback]
    Correct me if Im wrong (perhaps it is not the case in the model you saw) but you would have needed to stand the bike up to be vertical in order to check the oil correctly (i.e. when its sitting on its sidestand it will be on an angle meaning the oil will have run to the low side of the bike, hence not displaying in the sight glass)? I know your only trying to be helpful (good to see) but I would be a little dark if I was to see a stranger playing with my property.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
    your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

i know what your saying mattis and i didnt actually go very close to his bike at all about 2 bays over and just noticed his bike was nice and clean then realised it also included the sight glass. i understand to check correctly they have got to be vertical but since these bikes are fairly vertical anyway if it was at the correct level some should be still visible?

just trying to help thats all, its not nice blowing motors up (my first 250 did a conrod)
      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

None of the ZX-6Rs that I've owned have ever had oil visible in the sight glass when parked on the sidestand. They must be held vertical before any oil is visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore@Jan 21 2006, 12:34 PM
          just* trying to help thats all, its not nice blowing motors up (my first 250 did a conrod)
          [snapback]217782[/snapback]
          I realise that, sorry if my post sounded like a criticism, it was more just an observation, my bad.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
          your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

What are the bloody chances he/she is going to be on this forum? I believe you would need to stand it upright to get an accurate reading, if not I guess all of us better check our fluid levels.

If your that concerned leave a little note on their bike.
            ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
            FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

I couldnt see any on my 99 unless i was holding it dead vertical.

Comment

Working...
              X