No number plates - what is the fine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No number plates - what is the fine?

Im sure there are a couple of police bikers here who may be able help. Im curious to know what would be the penalty for a bike with a velcro fitted rear number plate. Also what is the penalty for no number plate?

Not that I'd do such a thing, just wondering?

Steven

$50 no points. Failure to display a plic plate .

If its on with velcro , there is no hass if its on ... they cant do anything for that .

Comment

I read in the paper that they are trying to change the no number plate and obstructing the number plate to 3 points and $150 fine instead of the current no points and $50.

We all know what the papers are like for reliability though.

Cheers

Dave
      10 metre rule - Takes the guess work out of f_cking ugly!!!

Comment

It will happen eventually.

Once they realise that more and more bikes are covering up their plates to avoid the new cameras, it's inevitable

Comment

Originally posted by vscorsa@Jan 22 2006, 11:47 AM
          I read in the paper that they are trying to change the no number plate and obstructing the number plate to 3 points and $150 fine instead of the current no points and $50.

We all know what the papers are like for reliability though.

Cheers

Dave
          [snapback]217992[/snapback]

Then we will have to think of even better ways of covering plates. I wont cus I have no imagination but Im sure some one will come up with somthing.

Comment

Just a question on the topic< how much of the plate needs to be covered to possibly evade a fine?
            There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing.
            All the rest are merely games."
            Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by green hornet@Jan 22 2006, 12:17 PM
              Just a question on the topic< how much of the plate needs to be covered to possibly evade a fine?
              [snapback]218003[/snapback]

It is in a thread some where, some one had a good point that all u have to do is cove up two letters then Then the coppers have over 1000 possible plate numbers to figure out. I will try and find the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TREPIDATION1000@Jan 22 2006, 12:29 PM
                It is in a thread some where, some one had a good point that all u have to do is cove up two letters then Then the coppers have over 1000 possible plate numbers to figure out. I will try and find the thread.
                [snapback]218004[/snapback]
                That is untrue. Not all 1000 bikes are going to be of the same model. Once they narrow it down, the figures are gonna be much less. And if they&#39;re smart enough (which i doubt) they&#39;ll factor in location of picture taken, rider&#39;s gear etc etc..

Comment

Id be making sure there is plenty of velcro on it, some plates get exposed to alot of pressure from the wind (they are not exactly aerodynamic), you dont want to have to be forking out for another plate.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                  your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

My theory on hiding the plate is that the front half i guess if they didnt have those 3 it would still be easy but cover last 3 would be harder

Comment

Originally posted by 1100101@Jan 22 2006, 12:50 PM
                      That is untrue. Not all 1000 bikes are going to be of the same model. Once they narrow it down, the figures are gonna be much less. And if they&#39;re smart enough (which i doubt) they&#39;ll factor in location of picture taken, rider&#39;s gear etc etc..
                      [snapback]218011[/snapback]

Yer that is a good call.

Comment

They can also just send you a summons - Go straight to court and look at a $600 fine plus costs.
                        Just hope your local friendly policeman is having a good day.

Comment

When i used to cruise around Perth i just covered up the last couple of numbers with my rego disc and was lucky enough not to get pulled over for it. Did it for 12 months but it was just luck
                          Damo

Comment

Working...
                          X