250cc Section??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250cc Section??

Speaking with Simmo down at scarbs today (Ciby250) and discussed the idea of a forum section for 250's. Reason being so that they can organise more 250 events together.

If you ride a 250 ONLY, please vote if you think this would be worth while.

Please do not vote if you dont ride a 2fiddy.
    yup
    0%
    nup
    0%

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

250cc rides are already organised "In the loop" and usually adequately marked.

Comment

I did a null vote - as Jon stated the 250 rides are already organised In The Loop. People usually state what kind of ride it is and whether it is is '250 cc safe' or a 'spirited' ride.

Not saying it is not a good idea to have a 250 section, but posting up a 250cc ride In The Loop ensures everyone gets to read it - often on the Alpaca Runs (which are posted as a 250 ride) there are more non 250s than 250 cc bikes - there are people with larger bikes who just want to come on a gentle ride.

If a 250cc section was to make us newbs feel more comfortable posting in our 'own' section then perhaps it is worth while considering.
      I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Oh yeah, and there's already too many different forums - I keep getting lost.

Comment

fair comments.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

sounds like a good idea. Can't hurt.
            Maybe give it a trial run & see how it's received.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 22 2006, 10:10 PM
              I did a null vote - as Jon stated the 250 rides are already organised In The Loop. People usually state what kind of ride it is and whether it is is '250 cc safe' or a 'spirited' ride.

Not saying it is not a good idea to have a 250 section, but posting up a 250cc ride In The Loop ensures everyone gets to read it - often on the Alpaca Runs (which are posted as a 250 ride) there are more non 250s than 250 cc bikes - there are people with larger bikes who just want to come on a gentle ride.

If a 250cc section was to make us newbs feel more comfortable posting in our 'own' section then perhaps it is worth while considering.
              [snapback]218151[/snapback]
              I think a 250 section is a dam good idea.

As a new rider I wasn't sure what to ask, or where...

A 250 section wil be a safe place to ask and do all the things new riders do.

Bring it on I say, we all have to start some were

Comment

I had a 250 until yesterday, so I think my opinion is still valid.

I voted yes. I think PSB needs a place where people can get together, ask n00b questions without worrying about being flamed, and be able to organise rides for thier skill level.

Some of the more full-on rides can be quite intimidating to new people, plus the bikes can't physically keep up. This can lead to some people overdoing it, with bad results. Tigerleo is leading the way with slower paced rides for new people, which makes the whole thing more appealing to newbies.
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Im down for a 250 section, I plan on hanging onto my 250 for awhile, and I'm thinking of another 250 as my 'next bike', maybe an RS. I've got a heap of noob information I'll collate together and post up if the section goes up.

It might also keep in peoples minds that they don't have to upgrade immediately after a year of riding, and that there is also plenty of fun, things to learn on a twofiddy.

I think that it's an all round good idea.

Comment

The more I think about it the more I feel that there would need to be two new sections to cater for the '250 cc' rider as opposed to one:

* A 'New Rider' section where people can post all those newb questions you were/are afraid to ask; and

* A '250 cc Safe Ride' section to post up 250 cc safe rides.

If there was just one '250' section then posted rides could get lost in the general banter/newb type questions so keeping the rides seperate would be good in my opinion. Either that or just keep all posted rides In The Loop (clearly stating that it is a 250 safe ride for new riders) and have a general 'New Rider' general question/banter section.
                    I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Are you trying to say that people with 250cc or under bikes can't read.....

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Jan 22 2006, 11:12 PM
                        The more I think about it the more I feel that there would need to be two new sections to cater for the '250 cc' rider as opposed to one:

* A 'New Rider' section where people can post all those newb questions you were/are afraid to ask; and

* A '250 cc Safe Ride' section to post up 250 cc safe rides.

If there was just one '250' section then posted rides could get lost in the general banter/newb type questions so keeping the rides seperate would be good in my opinion. Either that or just keep all posted rides In The Loop (clearly stating that it is a 250 safe ride for new riders) and have a general 'New Rider' general question/banter section.
                        [snapback]218171[/snapback]
                        Yup, I think your last sentence is the best option.

Comment

Deej: If you are to create a new forum, how about rolling Inspector Gadget up with the Product reviews, to create just one forum. There are only 7 topics on the Inspector Gadget forum.

Take a good look at the Bike topics, and there's over a full page of them (on a 1280x1024 screen).

Comment

Im up for either.

Comment

A 250 section would be good not just for the 250 riders but so the big bike riders don't have to read stuff they probably don't have an interest in.

In terms of 250 rides getting lost could they be posted as a sticky in the 250 section so they could always be seen?

Tim.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X