Which exhausts for the Hornet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which exhausts for the Hornet?

I took a Triumph Daytona 955i for a long blat the other night and after getting off that beast (thanks to Topend for that!) and onto the Hornet I felt like i was riding a sewing machine. The Daytona had an after market micron pipe and sounded awesome. SO, i have decided to get some new pipes for the Hornet, a LONG overdue dicision, the question is which one?

Firstly, Should I go from twin exhausts down to a single on the right side or should i stick to twins to preserve the look of the bike?

Secondly, Shiny Polished Ali, brushed titanium or black Carbon Fibre? The 2 Bros titanium has a two tone chequer pattern as well?

Heres a gallery of Hornet Pipes. 56k DIE!

Then there is the Brands
    Akrapovic
    Yoshimura
    Micron
    Devil
    Two Brothers
    Staintune

Fuck theres a lot to consider isnt there?

Heres the short list....

Akros

Micron

Devil

Yoshi
    YOSHI WEBBY

Two Brothers
    TWO BROTHERS

The other thing i could do is drop the pipe down low, but im not sure about that!

Dood, I'd hate to spend other peoples money, but you cant go past those Akrapovics. They look fucking sick.... and.... they really are beutifully manufacured pipes. unfort..... they will be the most expensive also.

They look sick on the hornet in those photos.

but, whichever route, stick with the underseat to keep the look of that bike.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Im sorry, I just have to say this again, those Akrapovics look hawt!!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

They do dont they.

What about the race spec ones??
        Will they be too loud and illegal?
        Or get them anyway?

I'll find a price..
        :o

Comment

The other thing i want to consider is the best power output.
          Is it going to be a dud point on the Hornet anyway?
          Is it just about the sound and the look?
          Will most of these pipes offer a similar alteration in power output?

I'm confused.

Hold me..

Comment

Roota, get what you pay for in this world.

Akrapovic: they weigh nothing, their build quality is superb, but most importantly, they have huge R&D spend to make sure the pipes are functional and not just a bent piece of metal or carpon fibre, packed with Tampons with a flash looking sticker on it.

U could hope to gain up to 2 to 5 more HP on your bike I would think... perhaps a boy racer or someone with Dyno experiance could give a better idea. Fuck yes it is all about the look. I'm sure their are stacks of skanky chix that are good in bed but come on...... sif it aint about the look!

I’ll shut up now.

(Akrapovic)

Comment

So what your trying to say is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster@Jan 23 2006, 12:43 AM
                * So what your trying to say is.....

[snapback]218201[/snapback]

Comment

Street Spec or Race Spec?

Comment

Who buys street spec anything?!

If you are refering to their 'SP' range then you prob wont even be able to buy them in aus. i have never seen any on the road, mindyou.... u dont see too many Akros as it is.

The titanium look way better than those black Carbon fibre ones. Although the black could look good on your red bike. Can u get the race in titanium? I assume you can cos they are the same can, just diff packing I think.

Comment

The titanium ones at the top are the "Street legal SP" ones and the black ones are the "open" i guess race spec ones.

I cant find prices for either of them anywhere on the www!

http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/cata...ts-catalog.htm

Comment

I think u will find both the race and SP version are avail in the Ti pictured above.

Comment

Would the Race spec ones be ridiculasly loud? Dont wanna get a Canary over $1500 exhausts!

Comment

No louder than any other bike with pipes on them I wouldnt think.

in any event, you get a yellow you just put your stock pipes back on for the pits.

Comment

What about the staintune jobbies?:

The pipes look mint and they are an aussie company as well.

Alternatively, I like the devil version, rz350 has one of the titanium high mounts and it looks and sounds horn.

Weight might be another consideration as well and although a single pipe is going to probably save you the most I would still stick with the twins, it wouldnt look right with just the one can.

Your probably going to need to have the bike tuned (PCIII or similar) to get the most out of the pipes.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                              your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X