Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the ??

ok saw this nice resto suzi near home

and looked at the brakes and saw a wierd setup an extra line to what looks like a resevoir but it has a bleed nipple on that as well

any1 shed any light on this?

cheers
    RIP Scott!
    RIP Onikage!
    RIP ODDZ!

Old school anti-dive. Squeeze the brake, change the compression damping. Its stock setup.

Comment

Yup....anti-dive

Bluddy nice bike tho

Comment

Sweet, I was thinking it looked like another actuator, but I was stuffed if I could figure out what for. (not a full bottle on bike mech's......yet)
        Remember....Your only young once.....

But you can be immature for as long as you bloody well like!

Comment

My 82 GSx1100 has those, so did my 85 GPZ100RX. The restoration on that bike looks great nice Katana, one of my most favorite bikes ever.

Shadow Keeper
          2000 ZZR1100

Comment

It was called their "anti-dive" brakes.

The harder you brake, the more it restricts the flow of oil in the forks, so the front suspension won't compress as much.

If ya bored, google for their service manual or promo stuff and it might explain it better.
            sigpic

Comment

Hod damn..... the bike that started it all.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Yea nice bike.

I cant help but think how dated that looks now though.

cant imagine whats in store for bikers through the next 23 years
                Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

my earliest road bike memory is of a mate of my brothers trying to pull mono's on one of those with me on the back when i was about 14. had all the safety gear: bare feet, shorts, singlet. yeah, them were the days....
                  "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by dugy@Jan 24 2006, 08:54 PM
                    The harder you brake, the more it restricts the flow of oil in the forks, so the front suspension won't compress as much.
                    [snapback]219121[/snapback]
                    Not quite - any braking will see the flow of oil in the forks restricted - there's a small piston which moves very easily inside the housing, and is closed by any reasonable brake force (could be easily closed with my pinky).

I pulled the one on my GSX250 apart when it fell off trying to bleed the lines, and it's a very simple setup outisde the forks.

Definately very sloppy to ride with no pressure on these Anti dive pistons...

Comment

cool thanks for the info guys

and yes that bike looked very well rested up close

RIP Scott!
                      RIP Onikage!
                      RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Very nice 750 Katana, gotta love em.
                        Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

yeah the gpz900 i had had these anti dive units (were adjustable by 4 different settings) some people loved them some hated them, personally i liked them as the gpz is a heavy bike with suprisingly good brakes so alot of weight can easily get transfered to the front.
                          Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Working...
                          X