Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggin Jeans Wear in ??

Hey ppl..

Draggin Jeans, are they meant to be cardboard stiff, when new.. whats the best way to soften em up, the wife has washed em a few times, but they still leave big rashes on the back of my knees from having the knees up on the bike ??

Any Suggestions.. please.. i gotta do something before track day, cause atm i can only wear em for about 20 mins on the bike then my legs are almost skinless from the stiff ness of em ??

Soak in fabric softener ?

Put in dryer ?

Anything ppl.. please.
    -Keenan :o

Originally posted by Deadlywpn@Jan 24 2006, 01:58 PM
    Hey ppl..

Draggin Jeans, are they meant to be cardboard stiff, when new.. whats the best way to soften em up, the wife has washed em a few times, but they still leave big rashes on the back of my knees from having the knees up on the bike ??

Any Suggestions.. please.. i gotta do something before track day, cause atm i can only wear em for about 20 mins on the bike then my legs are almost skinless from the stiff ness of em ??

Soak in fabric softener ?

Put in dryer ?

Anything ppl.. please.
    -Keenan :o
    [snapback]219165[/snapback]
    get an old pair of tracky-daks and wear them underneath until they soften up.

Comment

1/2 a cup of harden the fuck up
      <div align="center">
      "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

don&#39;t be so nasty doc, i&#39;m sure 1/3 of a cup would do
        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

i never had that problem with them.

if they are not skin tight wash them in water only as may have excess soap in them and put in dryer on low

Comment

and here I was thinking they were cutting your nads off turning you into a chick.

I would give advise, but for a 1st, I&#39;m with Dr Evil

Comment

Can&#39;t say I&#39;ve ever had that problem. Mine were soft from the start.
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

dont starch and iron them after they have been washed? I wouldnt chuck &#39;em in the dryer as they will probably shrink
                support honest cops, theres not many left

Comment

hahah

Yeah did not think about ironing.. i think the wife irons em.. prob not a good idea haah

Cheers ppl

and i think at least 1/4 cup of hard the fuck up and also no ironing should do it

Comment

like some of the others.. i&#39;ve also found the kevlar rather supple

Comment

stick them in the dryer not on heat but just airing. all dryers have this function so the heater cools down.
                      I took all the padding out of my leather jacket and stuck it in the dryer for 2 hours came out as soft as a babys bum (well cows bum)
                      It was probably like wearing the jacket for 12 months .

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlywpn@Jan 24 2006, 11:21 PM
                        hahah

Yeah did not think about ironing.. i think the wife irons em.. prob not a good idea haah

Cheers ppl

and i think at least 1/4 cup of hard the fuck up and also no ironing should do it
                        [snapback]219201[/snapback]

She may have read the label - funning thing that some women do, from memory it says to do this every so often to help restore them to their original condition/protectiveness or something.

Maya has a pair with the tag still on, maybe she can enlighten us

I don know what you mean though mine tend to bunch up under the knee as well, but when you&#39;re riding on the track you don&#39;t really notice things like this
                        If you&#39;ve put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you&#39;ve already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

Comment

Thermal underwear could be a goer. Don&#39;t laugh :o , keeps you warm when its cold, and hardly noticeable when its hot.

Otherwise, ^^^wts^^^, some decent portions of "harden the f@#k up".
                          Originally posted by Viper
                          I'm probably fucking something up.
                          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                          Administrator

Comment

mine are never ironed. I hand wash them myself in like warm water.

None of this "mother knows best" crap, my mum is quite adept are ruining my clothes, so i dont let her touch my draggins

Comment

Originally posted by pkunk@Jan 25 2006, 08:49 AM
                              mine are never ironed. I hand wash them myself in like warm water.
                              [snapback]219295[/snapback]
                              Hand wash? Sheesh. First it was the seat rag... now it&#39;s domestic duties.

Edit: OK, i&#39;ll be constructive. My draggins gave me rashes on the back of my knees when I first got them. I have found that most loose jeans do this though.

After a few washes they&#39;ve loosened up a bit. I still do get the occasional bit of rash on the back of my knee... depends on the weather and how I am riding.

Comment

Working...
                              X