NTC site for comments on Rule 151A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTC site for comments on Rule 151A

National Transport Commision page for comments on lane splitting (Rule 151A)

An interesting little read, especially for the all the arguments against Rule 151A.
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

There was an article in yesterday's motoring section about it too. Written by that Mike Fitzpatrick dude from the RAC.

He bagged lane splitting as dangerous but said lane filtering was beneficial to traffic flow and motorcyclist safety.

Comment

I can't see mine on there? thats a bit shit, I'll send it again.
      <div align="center">
      "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Evil@Jan 29 2006, 11:02 AM
        I can&#39;t see mine on there? thats a bit shit, I&#39;ll send it again.
        [snapback]220457[/snapback]
        Um, closing deadline has passed, sorry to inform. no more submissions will be accepted.
        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
        Amen, brother. Amen.
        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

am going to be a tad cross if this becomes a &#39;stealth&#39; amendment ..... there&#39;s been little publicity or public debate - wonder how may motorcyclists would be aware of what&#39;s going on outside this forum?

yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

The submissions have been opened again till the 3rd or 4th. I believe it is so they can make up some positive submissions to try and justify there proposal, i am in touch wuth a lady who has been told she is to collect some data and make a positive submission. She does seem quite logical though and she is trying to understand the reasoning behind the reports that have said it&#39;s safe. Alot of emailing

The National Transport Commission has dreamt up a new national regulation, which is aimed at banning lane-splitting. The period for public comment has been extended to Feb 3, and so far they have received over 300 submissions against the idea - which may be a record.

All the details can be found via this web link: http://www.ntc.gov.au/RFCList2004.aspx
            A couple of pointers for those wanting to put in a submission or comment:
            1. It must remain civil - rude/nasty comments achieve nothing and get binned;
            2. It needs to address real concerns and preferably add something constructive to the discussion.
            Okay, here are my views, which have been sent to the folk concerned. Feel free to use all or part of it in your own.
            To: National Transport Commission
            Level 15/628 Bourke Street
            MELBOURNE VIC 3000
            E-mail: ntc@ntc.gov.au
            or personally to greg deimos gdeimos@ntc.gov.au
            So keep bloody writing!
            <div align="center">
            "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

Originally posted by mstriumph@Jan 29 2006, 12:25 PM
              * am going to be a tad cross if this becomes a &#39;stealth&#39; amendment ..... there&#39;s been little publicity or public debate - wonder how may motorcyclists would be aware of what&#39;s going on outside this forum?
              [snapback]220471[/snapback]
              Actually, AMCN magazine has been pushing it on their soapbox for a couple of issues now. That&#39;s where I got the link from. The Ed even goes on a bit of a rant in the latest issue (Vol 55 No 14). Not pushing AMCN as the be-all and end-all, but to give them their dues, they&#39;re usually on the ball w/ current issues relating to "us" bikers.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Rick Gill Executive Director Motorcycling Western Australia.
                Motorcycling Western Australia???? Is this a magazine? I thought he just owned a bike shop? Not the Executive Director of all of us. What&#39;s going on, I don&#39;t understand. Where&#39;s my wages???

Shadow Keeper
                ZZR1100

Comment

beleive it or not, shadow keeper, but there is more than one rick gill in this world. hopefully not all of them are old, fat and bald like our beloved honda retailer, though.
                  "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

They have certainly left my comments off their list, so it makes you wonder exactly how many they havent published- trying to artificially play down the public response methinks, dont underestimate these swine, they dont need evidence to perpetrate their evil, look at double demerits, a trial that has proved to be of no value- real evidence, but we still have them.
                    Its better to be a racer for a moment in time than a spectator forever.

Comment

Originally posted by bearxx1100@Jan 30 2006, 09:17 PM
                      They have certainly left my comments off their list, so it makes you wonder exactly how many they havent published- trying to artificially play down the public response methinks, dont underestimate these swine, they dont need evidence to perpetrate their evil, look at double demerits, a trial that has proved to be of no value- real evidence, but we still have them.
                      [snapback]220965[/snapback]

Send it on to both ntc@ntc and greg diemos, also send it to linely crackel (a WA sorter of submissions), saying you are concerned that your submission may have been left out can they please ensure that it is looked at. I just emailed her then expressing my concern about my lost submission.

gdeimos@ntc.gov.au
                      ntc@ntc.gov.au
                      lcrackel@dpc.wa.gov.au

IF ANYONE WAS THINKING OF WRITING A SUBMISSION I THINK NOW WOULD BE A GREAT TIME
                      <div align="center">

Comment

Mine made it on, but any formatting and structure applied to the paragraphs was very conveniently discarded, making it hard to read, and less likely to recieve more than a glance over.

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum@Jan 29 2006, 10:19 PM
                          beleive it or not, shadow keeper, but there is more than one rick gill in this world. hopefully not all of them are old, fat and bald like our beloved honda retailer, though.
                          [snapback]220596[/snapback]
                          ...you forgot "and still faster on a bike than 99% of forum members"....

Comment

After forwarding my message again I got an auto reply saying the correct address should be gdeimos@ntc.gov.au not the com.au as below;

01/31/2006 - 12:26:57 AM This message has been incorrectly sent to ntc.com.au due to INCORRECT advertising! It has been forwarded to gdeimos@ntc.gov.au please remove the incorrect address from your address book. ntc.com.au administrator

is this correct? if so send all your comments there.

bearxx1100
                            Its better to be a racer for a moment in time than a spectator forever.

Comment

ok
                              my second submission [the first seems to have somehow got lost] now made.

if there is any shred of common-sense ANYWHERE in the system, rule 151a will be abandoned ...... so why arn&#39;t i more confident of the outcome?
                              yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Working...
                              X