Article in Saturdays Motoring Liftout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article in Saturdays Motoring Liftout

Anyone see the 2 pager in the Motoring section on Saturday.

It was all about the police in the south Metro area and their traffic blitz.

Interesting bits and pieces in there ... I noted that the Police's second most senior officer .. who has been in Major Crash for 41 years states that in his analysis ... Driver Inattention is the major contributing factor to more than 75% of major crashes. .. not speed ... and not hoons on motorcycles.

Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

so the real problem has been admitted............and still nothing is being done <_<

Comment

no money in driver inattention

Comment

<EDIT: Never mind>

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie@Jan 30 2006, 02:10 PM
          no money in driver inattention
          [snapback]220788[/snapback]
          thats whats so wrong, you see it, i see it, hell everyone on here see&#39;s it, why can&#39;t they actually do something about it

mabye take the licence off the re-offending stupid or inattentive people, add in some huge fines to get some of that much loved money and its all good <_<

Comment

Now whether speed was the second highest contributing factor .. I wouldnt know.

Im actually going to be trying to talk to the officer in another capacity .. so I will see if he can shed some light on things for us while I&#39;m there.

Comment

Be very good to see what he says and if he thinks they can do anything about it.

Originally posted by Hewie@Jan 30 2006, 02:33 PM
              Now whether speed was the second highest contributing factor .. I wouldnt know.

Im actually going to be trying to talk to the officer in another capacity .. so I will see if he can shed some light on things for us while I&#39;m there.
              [snapback]220805[/snapback]
              <div align="center">
              "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

Electro pads in drivers seats. They have a device that detects truckies blink interval and will sound an alram if it reaches a predetermined piont before mirco naps start. The will be something similar except the drive will recieve and electric shock the longer the blink the greater the voltage. Will it solve the road problem probally not but it would be highly amusing to watch on the freeway int he mornings.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                X