MotoGP 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoGP 2006

So this years MotoGP at Philip Island is mid September !!I have just booked a cottage which sleeps 6 for the 4 necessary days and now an looking into either riding over from Perth, putting the bike on the train to Melbiurne or just sissy it out, fly over, hire a car a dn goto the island. Holidays from work are booked and ready Really looking forward to the trip, spoken about6 it heaps to the missus and her treat for my 40th b-day this year

Excuse the spelling mistakes, not enough blood left in the alcohol system does that to a person lol.

Cheers

Lucky bastard. I have placed a proposal on to the bargaining table (4 weeks ago)...and still nothing has been said. I am afraid the repsonse will be "Its always about you and the bloody bike!"

We have to go to Tassie in January '07, planning a trip to Malayasia July '06, missus wants a weekender in Melbourne in April '06...not looking good.

Not holding my breath.
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Comment

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY -

I'm looking into going to the States round at Laguna Seca in July for my birthday!! just thought i'd share.. Enjoy Plillip Island ZZR11

Comment

depending on the other halfs holidays i well may get there again.....but i think she wants to sit in the ducatti stand....bugger...helps i will still support gibernau
        A site all parents should check regulary
        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve@Jan 30 2006, 11:47 PM
          We have to go to Tassie in January '07, planning a trip to Malayasia July '06, missus wants a weekender in Melbourne in April '06...not looking good.
          Not holding my breath. *
          [snapback]221005[/snapback]
          Heres the way to do it mate.... Tasie take the bike, some of the best roads in OZ, Malayasia has Sepang... theres a GP there for you... and Melbourne in April.... well i cant help you there... two out of three aint bad though.

I might be keen on the Moto Gp... still gottta wait and see for a bit how work is panning out.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Jan 31 2006, 06:11 AM
            Heres the way to do it mate.... Tasie take the bike, some of the best roads in OZ
            [snapback]221026[/snapback]
            Don't I know it...raced competitively cycling there for many years...honed my rally skills in my ol datto 1600 (P510)...**sigh***.... memories

A trip to Tassie on the FJ will be done one day...unfortunatelyon this occasion, we are going for a wedding...so 5 people on an FJ doesn't work (unless its Bali )

Thanks Turbo for the suggestion, I am actually thinking of combining (trying to anyway) Sepang and PI into a 'boys-own' holiday.

Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve@Jan 31 2006, 07:23 AM
              ...honed my rally skills in my ol datto 1600 (P510)...**sigh***.... memories

[snapback]221036[/snapback]
              Sorry bit off topic, but steve, the good old Datto 1600 huh? What a great little car they were, still quite popular amateur rally cars to this day!

Comment

Originally posted by maverick@Jan 31 2006, 08:43 AM
                Sorry bit off topic, but steve, the good old Datto 1600 huh? What a great little car they were, still quite popular amateur rally cars to this day!
                [snapback]221053[/snapback]
                oooooh...and there are some fine examples still setting serious times in the Eastern States (courtesy of the mighty FJ20 motor)

Administrator

Comment

Not sure if we are going to PI this year..

Defo planning on going to Malaysia for the GP round at Sepang on 10th September, might carry on to PI as it is on the following week (17th) anyhow
                  * ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FREEDOM TILL THEY RIDE ! *

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">HAVE I MENTIONED I GOT TO HUG ROSSI????</span>

Comment

I rode from Perth to PI in 2003 for the MotoGP. Was great. Made it there in 4 days. Only thing I might do differently is send the bike to Adelaide first, then ride from there, coz you HAVE to do the Great Ocean Road. The nullarbor is worth doing just to say you&#39;ve done it, but after that it&#39;s still just a great flat boring peice between East and West.
                    Aside from that, I would also recommend staying at the on-site campgrounds, though you have already said you have a cottage. Coz we had bikes, we stayed right next to the track (no cars allowed). The atmosphere was GREAT.

Either way, enjoy.
                    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                    Amen, brother. Amen.
                    My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

I&#39;d love to get to PI GP but im going to europe for the world cup so have a feeling i will be broke by the time i get back

Gonna go to Saschenring motogp though should be fun

Comment

[quote]
                        Only thing I might do differently is send the bike to Adelaide first, then ride from there, coz you HAVE to do the Great Ocean Road. The nullarbor is worth doing just to say you&#39;ve done it, but after that it&#39;s still just a great flat boring peice between East and West.

I&#39;ll second that having done it too. NullarBORING. pick bike up in Adelaide Ride> Mt Gambier>Warrnambool>Lorne>Melb.
                        Come back via say Bendigo or Ballarat through middle of Vic.
                        Heaps of roads, pubs, friendly locals..Your gunna have a ball.
                        Been through the roads, only in cage about six years ago so i&#39;m not sure what type of condition the roads are in now. I&#39;m green.

Comment

would rather go to sepang as it works out cheaper im sure

anyone going to sepang

Is Dead

Comment

Yep I&#39;ll be there for sure Got a house on Phillip Island, just over the bridge to the left in fact
                            Cup o' tea?

Comment

going to LeMans, Mugello & Catalunya whilst in Europe for 5 weeks and yes planning on going and making it my 4th GP for the year in Ducati Champions Club thats if get shit together and get accommodation organised
                              DOCWA

Comment

Working...
                              X