Veypor VR2 gauges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veypor VR2 gauges

Finally got around to charging the camera and taking a few quick pics of the Veypor VR2 datalogger I installed the other day. Have always wanted one of these but could never justify the price of it (~$600 new). When this one came up for sale for just $250 and its only 5 months old I snapped it up. It even came with the external bar mounted buttons which are usually another $100 on top.

Rather then listing all the shit it does myself this is straight from their website.

Veypor Features Include:
    - Portable Dynamometer plots HP and TQ curves
    - Full tree and Pro tree staged 1/4 Mile runs
    - 0-60Mph Testing
    - Braking Test
    - Roll-on Test for any speeds
    - General Datalogging
    - Save up to 8 runs
    - Average and instantaneous fuel mileage
    - Separate fuel tripmeter
    - Fuel level gauge (no additional sensors required)
    - Distance used and remaining on tank
    - Metric and Imperial Units
    - Two independent and programmable Hour Meter timers
    - Timers display a warning when maintenance is required
    - Gear indicator (no additional sensors required)
    - Lap Timer
    - Course Analyzer
    - Save up to eight different lap timing sessions of 30 laps each
    - Save configuration data for up to 4 different vehicles
    - Super bright shiftlight with two brightness levels.
    - Programmable Shift light
    - Programmable RPM launch window
    - Programmable Speed light
    - Dual stage shift light for multiple shift levels
    - Download all data to a PC
    - Powerful PC graphing analysis software
    - G-Force Display
    - Stopwatch
    - Full data-logging
    - High sampling rate
    - Multiple on-screen graphing modes
    - VIR Infra Red Laptimer support
    - Heads up Display Support
    - Universal Motorcycle mount or car windshield suction cup
    - User upgradeable firmware
    - Easy installation

Highly Accurate Full-Time Instrumentation including:
    - Permanent Odometer
    - Tripmeter - accurate to the meter/foot
    - Tachometer - works with any number of cylinders or type of engine
    Anyway, onto the pics!

Looks like it was meant to be . Wiring runs under the tank down to the battery, then down along the swingarm.

Perfect position. Doesnt interfere with anything lock to lock, nor does it get in the way of any of the gauges/keys etc.

Just used a few cable ties to run the wiring down along the swingarm. Not super pretty but it works.

Wheel sensor to work out velocity. Magnet is attached to one of the sprocket nuts.

RAM mount. Just twist the knob to release/reposition. Never heard of them before but its a bloody awesome setup.

Yellow wire spliced into digital tacho wire going to back of gauges

Close Up... mmm pretty blue

Also took a short video (~3 mins, 10M of it running through a few of the menus/modes etc incase anyone is interested. Only shitty 320x280 res though cause its from the digi camera.

Right Click, Save Target As
    http://www.crustyquinns.com/Moses/MVI_3834.divx
    In Divx format but windows media player should be able to play it fine as long as you have the right codec installed.

And here is a few graphs of me stuffing around with the 0 - 100km/h acceleration and 100 - 0km/h braking tests. Only had 3 goes at 0 - 100km/h and got it down to 3.33 seconds already so I was rather happy

Red line is my best 0 - 100km/h from last night. As you can see I sucked at launching and it took a full second before I even hit 20km/h. Very hard to keep the front wheel down.

Black line is the one and only go Ive had at 100 - 0km/h so far. Sharp decrease at the end is actually because the rear wheel lifted off the ground (speed sensor is on rear wheel) and me shittin myself and dropping it back down to earth again.

TIME VS SPEED

TIME VS DISTANCE

Oh yes, I think this is the most blingest bling you have got for your bling machine yet Mr Bling

Oh and dont worry about the cable ties, Im sure once you get another hugger you should be able to attach the cable to that and do away with the cable ties around the swingarm.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
    your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Excellent!
      So will you be racing home everyday to compare todays run from yesterdays and so on?
      Hmmm now I'm keen to get one too! Have fun.
      Stu
      Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by Stu@Jan 31 2006, 10:21 PM
        Excellent!
        So will you be racing home everyday to compare todays run from yesterdays and so on?
        Hmmm now I'm keen to get one too! Have fun.
        Stu
        [snapback]221353[/snapback]
        Haha it does make the daily commute a bit more interesting. Did a couple of two up 0 - 100km/h runs tonight. Makes it extremely difficult as you can imagine since the bike just wants to wheelie. Still managed 5.52 seconds which is enough to see off most cars at least.

Will be good practice for when I finally get my arse down to Kwinana for a proper run.

Comment

Nice pics - very clear focus on the close-ups and love the shallow depth of field. What camera are you using?
          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Now that is awesome... Uber bling
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

mmm $250. nice.

ebay?
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by sathid@Feb 1 2006, 08:25 PM
                mmm $250. nice.

ebay?
                [snapback]221802[/snapback]
                Nah that baby would have gone for a lot more on ebay, I think he managed to grab it off another forum.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62+Feb 1 2006, 07:53 PM-->
                  Nice pics - very clear focus on the close-ups and love the shallow depth of field. What camera are you using?
                  [snapback]221779[/snapback]
                  [/b]
                  Haha thanks mate. Nothing like Auto Macro mode to show my skills off
                  Camera is a canon G5. Does the job fairly well

<!--QuoteBegin-sathid
                  @Feb 1 2006, 08:25 PM
                  mmm $250. nice.

ebay?
                  [snapback]221802[/snapback]
                  Nope like Mattis said, picked it up off another forum (KSRC). The guy had sold his bike and wanted to get rid of it, hence I picked up a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Feb 1 2006, 07:53 PM
                    [snapback]221779[/snapback]

Very good...
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by rz350@Feb 1 2006, 01:05 AM
                      Haha it does make the daily commute a bit more interesting. Did a couple of two up 0 - 100km/h runs tonight. Makes it extremely difficult as you can imagine since the bike just wants to wheelie. Still managed 5.52 seconds which is enough to see off most cars at least.* *
                      [snapback]221409[/snapback]
                      5.52 secs for 0-100, I am gobsmacked at that! My honest guess for 0-100 on a ZX9 would be less than 4 secs. I really do need to meet up with you at some point, I gotta see the bling machine in the flesh. Good idea with the alloy crash bungs as well RZ, apparently most people only get them after they&#39;ve come off. Like me for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by rz350@Feb 1 2006, 01:05 AM
                        Haha it does make the daily commute a bit more interesting. Did a couple of two up 0 - 100km/h runs tonight. Makes it extremely difficult as you can imagine since the bike just wants to wheelie. Still managed 5.52 seconds which is enough to see off most cars at least.* *
                        [snapback]221409[/snapback]
                        5.52 secs for 0-100, I am gobsmacked at that! My honest guess for 0-100 on a ZX9 would be less than 4 secs. I really do need to meet up with you at some point, I gotta see the bling machine in the flesh. Good idea with the alloy crash bungs as well RZ, apparently most people only get them after they&#39;ve come off. Like me for instance.

Comment

Gotta stop doing that double click thing - sorry.

MODS, please feel free to remove, ta very much.

Comment

Originally posted by langy+Feb 3 2006, 01:02 PM-->
                            5.52 secs for 0-100, I am gobsmacked at that! My honest guess for 0-100 on a ZX9 would be less than 4 secs. I really do need to meet up with you at some point, I gotta see the bling machine in the flesh. Good idea with the alloy crash bungs as well RZ, apparently most people only get them after they&#39;ve come off. Like me for instance.*
                            [snapback]222571[/snapback]
                            [/b]
                            He was getting below 4&#39;s on his own (see quote below from his original post), the 5.52 second pass he mentions later on was when he had a pillion (two up). He is still a slow bastard though

<!--QuoteBegin-rz350
                            @Jan 31 2006, 07:32 PM
                            Only had 3 goes at 0 - 100km/h and got it down to 3.33 seconds already so I was rather happy* *
                            [snapback]221309[/snapback]

Comment

Originally posted by mattis@Feb 3 2006, 01:10 PM
                              He was getting below 4&#39;s on his own (see quote below from his original post), the 5.52 second pass he mentions later on was when he had a pillion (two up). He is still a slow bastard though*
                              [snapback]222576[/snapback]
                              Oh yeah, guess it would be a bastard keeping the front wheel down trying 0-100&#39;s two-up! It&#39;s hard enough on my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X