Riding Gloves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding Gloves

Just looking for some comments on the brands/types of gloves that everyone out there prefers/uses? And also the best place to look for such items....

Originally posted by maverick@Jan 31 2006, 10:18 PM
    Just looking for some comments on the brands/types of gloves that everyone out there prefers/uses? And also the best place to look for such items....
    [snapback]221351[/snapback]
    I bought some Alpinestarts SP-2s from eBay.

Link to the eBay auction

Enough carbon fibre to more than meet my level of bling.

I'm very happy with them. XL size was a little smaller than I expected but they've stretched and fit now very nicely.

Comment

So you estimated your glove size? Or did you try some on in the flesh first. They look pretty sweet, just dubious about sizing when ordering from ebay. Might pay to visit a retailer first. out of interest what do they sell for in the shops?

Comment

Originally posted by maverick@Jan 31 2006, 10:52 PM
        So you estimated your glove size? Or did you try some on in the flesh first. They look pretty sweet, just dubious about sizing when ordering from ebay. Might pay to visit a retailer first. out of interest what do they sell for in the shops?
        [snapback]221367[/snapback]
        I had another pair of gloves which were XL. Also they have a sizing system where you measure the width of your palm to determine what glove size you are.

Same pair of gloves here I don't know but I'd say $100-$120+. I'm not too sure.

I have an ethical problem trying things on locally then buying them off eBay. If you try something on locally, at least buy a $20 can of spray or whatever.

eBay is the cheapest as far as good motorcycle gear goes. I love it.

Comment

Gloves hey my next pair of gloves will be these, for sure...

Check it out
          http://store.azmusa.com/icongloves.html

or these!

Comment

Dam! Thats the go! If only for the gold dipped rims to match... much better than the Fox dirt bike gloves im using atm

Comment

Originally posted by eyesspee@Jan 31 2006, 11:23 PM
              I had another pair of gloves which were XL.* Also they have a sizing system where you measure the width of your palm to determine what glove size you are.

Same pair of gloves here I don't know but I'd say $100-$120+.* I'm not too sure.

I have an ethical problem trying things on locally then buying them off eBay.* If you try something on locally, at least buy a $20 can of spray or whatever.

eBay is the cheapest as far as good motorcycle gear goes.* I love it.
              [snapback]221381[/snapback]
              I would rather buy from a local shop, but from just browsing there isnt much to choose from down here in bunbury (correct me if im wrong)

Ebay just seems so cheap for a lot of this gear its hard to resist!

Comment

Alpinestars GP PLus or GP pros for me
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

These look trick too

Comment

I found with gloves it really depends on the shape of your hand simlar to boots. Depending on where the manufacture is based depends on what basic template they use.

If the gloves are made on the Sub continet ie Pakistan, China, Vietnam (BMW I kid you not, the're crap too), India etc etc they tend to use a template with a large palm and relatively short fingers, Joe Rocket, Rjay's, Icon, BMW are couple brands that imediatly come to mind no doubt there are plenty others.

If you get a glove from a European manufacture they tend to use a template with a relatively small palm and long skinny fingers Alpinestar, AGV, Spidi etc etc. I personally prefere Spidi'd but because I'm an instrument fitter I tend to spend a bit of money on gloves.

So basically try some on and work out what suits you best, for trying stuff on Bikers corner or Total motorcycle acessories have a pretty good range. Buying them is up to you. The templates seem to be common through out the range so even if they don't have the particular one you want the same brand in a different style will give you a good idea.
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Using Alpinestars sp2's at the moment and they are really comfortable, had a set of Collins before, they didn't last all that long, though they were fairly cheap, and had cool vents on the fingers that actually worked.

Comment

What sort do you think you want ?

All leather ? Summer type ?

I use A* GP Plus as my all leather gloves ... and a set of the SMX as my Summer Gloves.

I have a number of other pairs .. but theyre my main 2. I actually perfer the GP gloves as once you have worn them in they are bloody comfy... only bad thing is taking them off then puttig them back on again in summer ... they can get sticky
                        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I bought a pair of RST Vector gloves from M&T's when they were around, only $130 ish from memory

solid glove, with cf knuckles, finger joint, wrist protection, also has an extra wrist strap, palm is kangaroo leather from memory, great glove, wear em rain hail or shine

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Jan 31 2006, 11:43 PM
                            Alpinestars GP PLus or GP pros for me
                            [snapback]221391[/snapback]
                            seconded, i love my GP Plus gloves

$270 RRP afaik, however i got mine 2nd hand

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo@Jan 31 2006, 11:51 PM
                              If the gloves are made on the Sub continet ie Pakistan, China, Vietnam (BMW I kid you not, the're crap too), India etc etc they tend to use a template with a large palm and relatively short fingers, Joe Rocket, Rjay's, Icon, BMW are couple brands that imediatly come to mind no doubt there are plenty others.

If you get a glove from a European manufacture they tend to use a template with a relatively small palm and long skinny fingers Alpinestar, AGV, Spidi etc etc. .................................................. ..
                              [snapback]221394[/snapback]
                              honestly - learn something new every day - often wondered but never twigged until now

thanks fella!
                              yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Working...
                              X