Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to Perth for 6 months, help me out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to Perth for 6 months, help me out!

Hi everybody, I'm a college student in the US, and am coming to Perth for a semester, and I need a bike. Obviously college student = dirt poor!

I'm from hayabusa.org and the great people there told me you guys could help me out.

Here's my history:

I saw the Hayabusa a couple years back, fell in love with it, and knew eventually I would have to have it. I got onto hayabusa.org to get some information on it, and people really helped me out. In 2008, the day before I graduate college, I will buy one. However, they all convinced me I need more bike experience under my belt. So, while I'm in Perth, I think it would be the perfect time to pick up a cheap bike to practice. Does anybody have/know how to obtain a cheap bike for me?? I really wouldn't want to even think about spending more than $2000 AU, and 1000 would be ideal I think, so any help would be appreciated.

At the end of the 4 months I'll be here, I'll sell it as I'd have no use for it obviously. Maybe renting a bike would be possible?

Anybody have any ideas? Help!! Please!!

Welcom to the forum, depending upon where you are from you will love the Weather in Perth for riding!

Renting is expensive, you are better of buying and older bike and selling it again when you leave. go and see the bike shops when you get here they may be able to put some sort of deal together. A number of dealers visit this foum on a regular basis.
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Originally posted by kdawg31337@Feb 2 2006, 07:27 AM
      and am coming to Perth for a semester,
      [snapback]221920[/snapback]
      Did you lose a bet?

Welcome... if you make it for the tail of summer and our autumn... sorry fall, you will have the best weather for riding that this state puts on.
      Not too sure what you can get for the 1000-2000 price tag... only very second hand 250cc come to mind, but theres always bargains floating about... best of luck.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Feb 2 2006, 08:01 AM
        Did you lose a bet?
        No no, I just thought east coast Australia wouldn't be too different from the US. I wanted to come and go to the outback, have some outdoor fun. I heard the people were more mellow too, and who knows, maybe have a bike I could ride!

Comment

Originally posted by kdawg31337@Feb 2 2006, 08:04 AM
          No no, I just thought east coast Australia wouldn't be too different from the US. I wanted to come and go to the outback, have some outdoor fun. I heard the people were more mellow too, and who knows, maybe have a bike I could ride!
          [snapback]221933[/snapback]

it might be difficult to find the outback in a city of one million people though mate.

unless you have an american motorcycle license the only thing you will be able to ride over here is a 250cc... they are good learners bikes anyways.... trying doing a search on google for a shop to sell you one.
          -kawasaki northside
          -savage suzuki
          -causway honda
          -causeway motorcycles
          -rick gill honda

Comment

Originally posted by kdawg31337@Feb 2 2006, 08:04 AM
            I wanted to come and go to the outback, have some outdoor fun.
            [snapback]221933[/snapback]

You can come over and play with my pet kangaroo

On a serious note, for that price you could get a fairly old ZZR that would do the trick
            Cup o' tea?

Comment

No no, I just thought east coast Australia wouldn't be too different from the US
              lol perth is on the west coast

have you thought about buying a two-stroke? I know that two stroke road bikes are rare as hens teeth in the US, maybe a good opportunity to have a go.
              should be able to find one in reasonable condition for that kind of money too.
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by sathid@Feb 2 2006, 08:25 AM
                lol perth is on the west coast

[snapback]221940[/snapback]
                Um... thats what he was saying... he doesnt want to go to the east because its like america, so he came here.

anyway, try prestige honda in melville as well. for 1 - 2 grand, the best option i can think of is a little FZR250 or something similar. Maybe an RZ is a good option to. Bikes are dearer here. 1-2K aint much.

Also, please tell me your nickname is a spoof and not really the way you talk!
                The Twitter

Comment

Maybe if you are planning on getting out to the country it may be more worth your while to buy something like a Honda XR250 as you can then explore some of the great bush tracks around the place, rather than be stuck to sealed roads.

CHeckout the quokka (classifieds paper) when you get here or you can look online. I think the web address is www.quokka.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by resist@Feb 2 2006, 08:31 AM
                    Also, please tell me your nickname is a spoof and not really the way you talk!
                    [snapback]221942[/snapback]
                    Yep there's already one homey talking dawg on here... aye Jacob?
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Feb 2 2006, 08:56 AM
                      Yep there's already one homey talking dawg on here... aye Jacob?
                      [snapback]221954[/snapback]
                      for shizzle my rizzle g-side homey!
                      The Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by resist@Feb 2 2006, 09:03 AM
                        for shizzle my rizzle g-side homey!*
                        [snapback]221956[/snapback]
                        Haha, no no, I don't talk like that, just a nickname I've had for a while. Thanks for the tips though, I appreciate the help. I have a motorcycle permit here, which isn't the same thing as a license, but would that work? I also have plenty of time to take any license tests you may have. I've ridden 250cc bikes before and would hope to get something at least a little bit bigger (400-600cc).

Comment

Here are some of the bikes you might get for around that price...

-taken from one of our local papers quokka

won't get too many between $1-2K

HONDA CB250, 2000, excel cond, F owner, lic till July $2500 ono.
                          YAMAHA TZR250, regd till Mar, 2 stroke $2500
                          SUZUKI GSXR750, 1989, Slingshot Hyper Sports $2500 ono.

or you can go the scooter

SCOOTER V Moto Monza, 2005, red, 3500km, 7 mths warranty, luggage box incl, excel cond $1950 ono
                          * ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FREEDOM TILL THEY RIDE ! *

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">HAVE I MENTIONED I GOT TO HUG ROSSI????</span>

Comment

Originally posted by bladebabe@Feb 2 2006, 09:15 AM
                            Here are some of the bikes you might get for around that price...

-taken from one of our local papers quokka

won&#39;t get too many between $1-2K

HONDA CB250, 2000, excel cond, F owner, lic till July $2500 ono.
                            YAMAHA TZR250, regd till Mar, 2 stroke $2500
                            SUZUKI GSXR750, 1989, Slingshot Hyper Sports $2500 ono.

or you can go the scooter*

SCOOTER V Moto Monza, 2005, red, 3500km, 7 mths warranty, luggage box incl, excel cond $1950 ono
                            [snapback]221962[/snapback]
                            Those are actually pretty new models. I wouldn&#39;t mind an 80&#39;s bike as long as it ran you know? Just something reliable is all I ask. It can be all scratched up and everything so long as I know it won&#39;t explode/fail under me.

Comment

Probally be able to find an older trial bike for that kine of money. Older XR400 DR350, 250&#39;s tend to hold thier value as everyone has to have one at some piont so thier is always plenty of demand for that particular cpacity. But its always spending a bit extra and getting a better condition bike than buying a clunker and having to spend lots more keeping it going.
                              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                              X