Good UK Driver education ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good UK Driver education ad

This was posted over on Aus.moto. THis is what wer need here on OZ tv.

http://ruiner.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/howclose.mpg

3.3MB

Cant give a toss if its a repost.
    You put the c*nt in country run

OMG... that so made me jump in my chair... very real, and very very good. We have nothing at all let alone anything close to that. Maybe someone should show that to an appropriate member of parliment.... surely they could ask permission and use something like that here on tv.... they won't even have to make one, just press play. Something that is relevent for everyone, everywhere.
    Meisha.... Personal Trainer.... And Lovin it!!!

Comment

saw it on a nz biker site ........ they were bemoanin the fact that THEY don't have anything like it on NZ tv either.

dunno - how do we get the message accross to the powers that be that money needs to be spent on impactive [no pun intended] tv ads to raise cager awarenes of motorcylists here in australia?

now - if only EVERYONE had to survive, say, two years on a bike before being allowed a cage licence [then ANOTHER two years and $$$$$$ before they were allowed a 4 wheel drive in the metro area grrrr] then we'd have none of these problems, would we?

carnage? a bloodbath? yerse - of course there would be ..... but that's a feature of natural selection, surely ?
      yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Yes, but that would make too much sense, and reduce the road toll, and hence justification for speed cameras, which ultimately reduces the massive amounts raised each day through the use of such systems.

Basically, the problem is that people don't respect motorcyclists enough to care, in a much similar way motorcyclists moan about scooter riders (though keep a distance). The difference is that motorcyclists know what happens when you ride outside your limits (too close in traffic etc...) and tend to sit well back for their own sake.

There are many more motorcyclists in the UK, and they do rely on them to an extent to reduce congestion in built up areas, particularly areas around central London. Over here we're just a nuisance that does 243kph on a slow day.

Comment

Ads are good, but it's up 2 the individual to listen and think about the situation b4 sumthing happens ....

Remember there is just no helping some people ....
          Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
          Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Ok I dont know if this is part of the add but the first time it played through I could not see the bike at all. I stopped the video and could not see the bike but not sure if that was the point of it all.

Comment

I've done that 'sudden stop' trick... Fricken hurts!

Oh yeah, and he didn't see me either...

Nice ad tho.
              Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Originally posted by devilsaltarboy@Feb 4 2006, 11:58 PM
                Ok I dont know if this is part of the add but the first time it played through I could not see the bike at all. I stopped the video and could not see the bike but not sure if that was the point of it all.
                [snapback]223072[/snapback]
                You don't see the bike the first time - because you're only taking a quick look with him, and like him, you don't see the bike. The second time, you're taking a good look.

Comment

That ad needs to be on here also thats the best impacting TV ad I have seen for a bike ad

Skip

My 2 cents

Comment

Anyway that can be forwarded to someone in Govt/Road safety. Sure would make an impact with the general car driving public...

Comment

Anyone one know the email addy of the appropriate people to email it to to make this happen? I'd be more than happy to write a speil (spellcheck!) to go with it.... it's worth a shot.
                      Meisha.... Personal Trainer.... And Lovin it!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X