Scooter Death Wish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooter Death Wish

Walking through West Perth today and what do I see?

A clown on a vmoto (what else) trying to corner whilst holding an iced coffee in one hand.

I wanted to yell something but I was literally struck speechless.

how do these people (I mean idiots, not scooter riders) live long enough to even consider that it might be a good idea to take their double tall half malt cafe with whip for a ride? (I know that's not a real coffee thing, sorry but I'm not gay).

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet Ms">E hoa ka whawhai tonu matou ake ake ake</span>

It could have been worse.....it could have been a Hot Coffee.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

How about doing 50kph down Morley drive, banking up traffic in peak hour, and riding on the oil patch, with two big people on the scooter?

How about the two scooter riders doing 50kph side by side (in separate lanes) down Beaufort St at 8:30am friday morning? They didn&#39;t move apart until one got ahead on a downhill section.

Comment

What about the dude i saw corner on the inside of a right hand corner of a van in its blindspot yesterday? Unbelievable.

Comment

I feel like getting some cards made up with rider training numbers on them, and handing them over to crap scooter drivers - particularly ones with bad lane positioning. But reaching out of the cage window would look a bit stupid. Gotta wait until the bike arrives.

Comment

omg an idiot on the road... in perth!!...

unbelievable

Comment

Saw a scooter dude going down the kwinana freeway a week ago, they&#39;re restricted to surface streets arn&#39;t they?

Comment

See women in town with short skirts and stillettos riding these things, granted they look great but come on where&#39;s the common sense ?
                Cup o' tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Kassper@Feb 4 2006, 03:21 AM
                  See women in town with short skirts and stillettos riding these things, granted they look great but come on where&#39;s the common sense ?
                  [snapback]222803[/snapback]
                  Seen a few like that in my area. One really hot lady in a very short skirt with very long legs and high heels caught the attention of a student of mine.

Unfortunately the bus stopped in front of him never made it onto his radar.

Comment

If he didn&#39;t spill it, what are you worried about?

Comment

Fortunately Darwin has a reduced chance to claim these people when they are in a cage however he is not so forgiving to those that move around unecumbered by electronics, airbags and steel....
                      I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Originally posted by snowman95@Feb 4 2006, 02:57 AM
                        Saw a scooter dude going down the kwinana freeway a week ago, they&#39;re restricted to surface streets arn&#39;t they?
                        [snapback]222802[/snapback]
                        It depend you have to be able to within 20kph of the posted speed limit. So a 50 like the aprilia Ditech which tops out at 90 is ok most of the other aren&#39;t. Most of the larger cpacity machines (over about 125) do at least 90-100 some quiet a bit faster. You get all sorts of funny looks on the freeway when you start overtaking people on a scooter. Athough it would be nice if they ever started enforcing the minium speed on the freeway.
                        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

How about doing 50kph down Morley drive, banking up traffic in peak hour, and riding on the oil patch, with two big people on the scooter?

How about the two scooter riders doing 50kph side by side (in separate lanes) down Beaufort St at 8:30am friday morning? They didn&#39;t move apart until one got ahead on a downhill section.
                          what about one going down shepparton rd, nearly peak hour, TWO PILLIONS one without helmet, in shorts and t-shit and NO SHOES and the other two guys in shorts, t-shirt and thongs.

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

With regard scooters, I found this interesting when I was reading a DPI brochure the other day:
                            Getting a motorcycle brochure

R-N
                            Any moped. A moped is a motorcycle that has a propelling engine having a piston displacement not exceeding 50ml and that is designed so as to be capable of a speed not exceeding 60kmh, whether or not it is also capable of being propelled as a pedal cycle, but does not include a power assisted pedal cycle.

I didn&#39;t realise that scooters are not meant to go above 60km/h. Thus any 50cc scooter (cage driver eligible) should not be on the freeway. If you drive one bigger than 50cc you need the R-E licence.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxRR@Feb 4 2006, 02:24 AM
                              omg an idiot on the road... in perth!!...

unbelievable
                              [snapback]222797[/snapback]

amazing isnt it who would have thought
                              Is Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X