helmet tap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet tap

I heard ages ago that the thing to do is tap ur helmet when coppers/radar are nearby, to warn other bikers, much the way cagers flash their hi-beams. But I've never seen this in action, nor even heard anyone mention this practice in years.
    Do people here do this, or are u even aware of it? Or is it something old that ppl don't do anymore?

In the good old days of PE and PSB it was called the Warn A Brother movement.....Since the induction of 2000+ members it's seems to have disappeared...I still do it, as I still do the "Nod"
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

Rooster did it this morning on the way to Track Day....

Comment

Have used it once or twice, I'm not sure I've got the hand signals quite right but the guy got the idea and slowed down.

Comment

Originally posted by spun@Feb 5 2006, 12:53 PM
          In the good old days of PE and PSB it was called the Warn A Brother movement.....Since the induction of 2000+ members it's seems to have disappeared...I still do it, as I still do the "Nod"
          [snapback]223146[/snapback]
          Same here

Comment

Originally posted by spun@Feb 5 2006, 12:53 PM
            [snapback]223146[/snapback]

I nod all the time I have been warned with a helmet tap before probs a fellow psb member, never done it though never see cops and bikes oin the area but will do it when the time comes!

Comment

I do the helmet tap thing on the bike when i see a cop, use my high beam flash when im in the car but only if the car i'm warning isnt a newish commodore or falcon, just in case.
              support honest cops, theres not many left

Comment

Good point this actually, we should promot it alot more cos there are a few here now that doing know much about it.

All you do is your non throttle hand touches the top of your head with an open palm then lift it until your hand is about 30 cm from your body and do it again.

Kinda like an over done head tap movement but you have to make it obviouse.

If you see the cops - warn - a- brother.

I will put a post up about this.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

CHECK IT OUT

Comment

See it and do it all the time. You might not have been out much lately huh....
                    Although the cops know we do it and the reason behind it, so discreetly is the key word here (if poss of course)
                    BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED, FOR THEY ARE THE ONES THAT LET THE LIGHT IN

Comment

Working...
                    X