$34,500 R1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $34,500 R1

maybe a dumb Q, but what does this R1 have that others dont, to make it so expensive?

http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDef...ias=bikepointau

thats the yamaha R1SP

comes standard with marchescini rims

full olhins

and only 800 world wide, 8 in Australia, 4 in WA.
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

And very very nice it is 2 ....

Oh by the way Deej, when do i get a ride on yours ???
      Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
      Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Deej, Does the clutch really slip when you roll it on ??? . Id be pissed if it did that on a 30+k bike ... matter of fact i dont want any of my bikes to slip the clutch !!!

Comment

Yeh wots with this shit.

They give me a clutch thats designed to slip, rims that I cant pronounce the name of, and suspention that has more adjustments than a chiropractor!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Yeh wots with this shit.

They give me a clutch thats designed to slip, rims that I cant pronounce the name of, and suspention that has more adjustments than a chiropractor!
            [/b]

Oh Sheeet the humanity, wont someone please think of the childrennnnnnnnnnn, hey wait i hear a violin playing somewhere

Comment

Simon, why don't you hit that shit up? Weren't you desperately trying to get ahold of one?

Comment

Simon, why don't you hit that shit up? Weren't you desperately trying to get ahold of one?
                [/b]
                Yeah i was for the retail of $28,500, not $6K more, besides i have decided that mine is good enuff and am now channelling my hard earned $$'s into another toy.......

Mmmm 06 STi...... but as said on another post, I am waiting for a nice 6 month old one to come up so that some other poor schmo loses about $10K!

Comment

i think everyone is forgetting that its still only an R1..... i'm going to get my ass kicked for saying that arent i.

Comment

i think everyone is forgetting that its still only an R1..... i'm going to get my ass kicked for saying that arent i.

[/b]
                    Actually its not really a R1 .... well the engine and some of the plastics are, but tahts about it.

Simon , With that STI comment, you just made baby Jesus cry - i hope your happy !!

Comment

Mmmm 06 STi...... but as said on another post, I am waiting for a nice 6 month old one to come up so that some other poor schmo loses about $10K!
                      [/b]
                      a pox on the 2.5 litre

bring on the jap tuned 2 litre woooo!

and 100RON fuel at all local servos

Comment

a pox on the 2.5 litre

[/b]
                        What does this mean, the 2.5 litre will kick the crappers out of a race prepared 2 litre. I had a 2 litre rex (03) and maximum motorsport bombed (rear upgrade turbo, full turboback, uppipe, intake, FMIC, ECUTEK 3 custom tuned, upgraded injectors, STi manifold, BOV, the lot) the shit out of it for me and yeah it was quick but my mate with an 06 2.5 with only a stainless turbo back, ecutek and aftermarket TMIC killed me!

Comment

[/b]

AND more to the point its a YAMAHA

Friends Dont let Friends Ride Yamahas

Comment

AND more to the point its a YAMAHA

Friends Dont let Friends Ride Yamahas
                            [/b]
                            Unless they are about to try and ride a Suzuki!

And Si, why buy a cage that could almost be considered quick when you can spend the money on a stonking great bike like a Honda, or an MV Augusta that actually IS quick?!

The Twitter

Comment

Unless they are about to try and ride a Suzuki!
                              [/b]
                              Hahaha damn crap suzuki's

And Si, why buy a cage that could almost be considered quick when you can spend the money on a stonking great bike like a Honda, or an MV Augusta that actually IS quick?!
                              [/b]
                              Good point Jacob, the bike I have aint too bad and with 164RWHP it moves along pretty nicely, infact i think i hosed a 1000RR on the country run last week from 2nd gear until my testicles got too tight and i rolled off....

and perhaps most importantly driving around in this crappy Daewoo is just killing me. When i sold my rex last year i was hunting around for a replacement but could not find one and needed a car to kart work crapola around so just bought a run around. Well new exhaust, head, clutch, ignitiion module, limo tint, tyres, brakes and suspension on the front end, the little cheap runaround is basically a new car but i still cant stand it!!

I dunno what it is but everytime i see a STi (the new shape) the hairs on my neck stand up and i go ' i just gotta get me one of those!' and the feeling intensifies when i hear the growl of the flat 4 boxer hummmmmmmmmmmmm

So there you have my reasoning in a somewhat longwinded explanation....

I tell ya what, when i finally:

1. save enough pennies
                              2. find a suitable second hand one going for the RIGHT money, AND
                              3. get Steve Wisby at Maximum Motorsport to once again weave his modifying magic

we can find some nice roads out somewhere close to nowhere and I will line up anyone who wants to run the STi is welcome to give it ago. The bet each time will be for a handful of smarties, as thehy melt in ya mouth and not in ya hand, oh thats MnMs but you get my drift.

Comment

Working...
                              X