• Show
Clear All

• CBR600RR

what do u guys recon of them?
    i know some of you ride them...
    any comments? how does it ride?

ever since i saw one of these i've always wanted one
    i just love that single exhaust and i dunno something about the bike i love

hehehhehe those of u fortunate enough to have ridden them can u guys tell me about it? heheheh thanks alot! :oops:
    Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Hey Gankaz! Welcome to the forums.

I rode one on the Honda DNA test day at Wanneroo and I have to say it is awesome fun.

I own a K3 Gixer Thousand and I had more fun on the 600 as you can just thrash the thing to death and not feel like your are on the edge. Brakes are sooo strong and the bike has extremely predictable handling, tells you what its going to do well in advance of doing it. All round, awesome bit of kit.

I have also spent about 30 mins on the road but as I spend a lot of time just dordleing about and not wanting to ride the hell out of my bike all day, I would have to say it’s got too little power for my liking on the street, and too little for stunting which I enjoy…… Occasionally. But this is from someone who has ridden on 160 horse for the last few years.

All round tho, an absolutely awesome bit of kit. If you plan to do a few track days, the Honda would be hard to beat. If you would like to ride one & buy one, go speak to Tim at Causeway Honda in Vic Park, they are a great bunch of guys and really look after the Forum users. Don’t forget to tell him Perth Extreme sent ya!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

coming from a cbr250rr you will be blown away by the 600. it is an awesome piece of machinery. you do have to keep them screaming to get the most out of them though. like deej said, it depends on what you want it for. they are the best handling bike i've ever ridden. at the last round of the state championships a cbr600rr was putting in times that would have placed it third in the superbike category. for riders of "normal" ability they you will go faster at the track on one of these than pretty much anything else (all the current 600's are excellent though)

the one i've had the pleasure of riding is ridden on the road by my girlfriend and she absolutely loves it. it really does flatter your abilities and brakes and corners awesomely. however, it doesn't have the outright power of the 1000's (obviously) so won't be up to the stunting ability of other bikes available. if you want to ride around on the road quickly without worrying if you're above 10,000rpm or not then you'd be better off with a bigger bike as well. you really do have to thrash them.

recommended!!!

Comment

like a dream ... no need to say more
        I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

Comment

I think if you are coming off a 250cc, the CBR600RR would be a very good choice!! Work your way up to the big 1000cc bikes, your choice.

I have had the Gixxer 1000, and 2 x R1's both big and powerfull bikes and they demand respect (ask Spike).

I ride the CBR600RR, only because I am racing it next year, otherwise I would be on the R1. The 600 handles very well and has plenty of power (you can still wheelie it off the thottle), on tight twisty roads I can stay ahead of R1's & Gixxer 1000 and the like, and there is not to many places you can get to 260km (CBR6 limit). What do you want out of the bike?

Test ride them all, there is nothing in it when it comes down to the 600cc class of bikes, If you do jump on a 1000cc, the power will excite you for sure, but much respect needed. :shock: :idea:

Welcome to the forum! 8)

Comment

Hey man, welcome to the forums, you'll love it here!!!

The 600RR?? Great bike, rode Calvins and they're super fun to be on! I say just do it!

Comment

LOL dang u guys are making me want it more!!! :x gah

they go for around 15- 16k yea?

what about the new fireblade?
              Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Comment

rumoured to be about 20k+... designed by the same guy who did the CBR6RR so should just be a tricked up HP version of the 6RR.. with the added steering damper and stuff

id go the 6RR mate... im trying to...

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Gankaz go with the 600 as your next step.

A litre bike can bite you on the arse real fast.

Just ask Spike. It took him 5 days..... then 21 days....

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

heheheheh yeah im leanin towards the 6
                    lol its actually got a fuel guage hehehe
                    Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Comment

Go the six.. Or for extra ooompf get the Gix 750.
                      The 2004 750 is sure to leave many ppl drooling.

But for a second bike i wouldnt go over the 750.. even thats pushing it
                      Will you insure me?!

Comment

heheheheh yeah im leanin towards the 6
                        lol its actually got a fuel guage hehehe
                        You can do as much damage with a 6 as u can with a 1000. I have a V-twin 1000 and the crb 600rr keeps up with that, lighter, smaller bike so I would definately go with the 600rr.

More fun, less money and also on insurance, dont look like such a hoon.

Andif u look as good on 1 as MJ.......u wont have any problems with the ladies or de men, whatever your preference, not that theres anything wrong wid dat.

HA ha ha, Welcome to the forum dude.
                        Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

dammit Boxhead...what i told u bout hittin on new forum members???

welcome aboard Gankaz

personally im not a Honda man...but the CBR6 looks the bomb and goes hard! excellent choice of first big bike....stay safe tho brovva

Comment

I have a V-twin 1000 and the crb 600rr keeps up with that
                            I rest my case !

Comment

I have a V-twin 1000 and the crb 600rr keeps up with that
                              I rest my case !
                              Priceless Mistake!!

Comment

Working...
                              X