Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004+ cat eliminator pipes

Hey all,

i am about to start looking into getting a cat delete pipe for the one in the near future.

There are several choices with Akrapovic, Terminogi and GYTR.

If your bike is under 7-8,000kms old you would not have really noticed the CAT that much cos it is nice n new and free flowing, but once you geet close to 10,000 kays, she will begin to clog up (especially if you use predominantly BP Ultimate 98).

These retail from Akra for $280, but i can get cheaper than that from the US from Terminogi (for about $200 landed) but could possibly do better with a larger number as you save on shipping etc etc.

So if you are DEFINATELY up for one for $200 or less, please post here. Please only post if you are serious. If you want an experts' opinion on the benefits AFTER about 10,000kms call Russel at Dynotime on 9409 5633.

THose that have PC's may wish to get them slightly tweaked with either downloading a map from www.powercommander.com or having it re-tuned which is what i am gonna do.

cheers

Definitely interested. But will it fit the FZ6?
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

There is also the 'zero' dollar option.

Remove the stock 'Y' pipe from the bike, take to it with a flat head screwdriver and a hammer, 15 minutes of tapping and bye bye CAT converter! Refit stock 'Y' pipe and you're done! 20 minutes all up.

Have done this myself and the exahust definitely runs cooler, deeper sound but have read that there is no power gain from removing a 'free flowing' CAT. However, once it starts getting clogged up then you do see a drop.

Not a bad mod for free.

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

Does it take much to fit these things. ie is it something best left for a mechanic to do?

Comment

Does it take much to fit these things. ie is it something best left for a mechanic to do?
          [/b]
          On 04/05/06 model R1 it is literally a 5min job to remove and re-fit 'Y' pipe.

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

There is also the 'zero' dollar option.

Remove the stock 'Y' pipe from the bike, take to it with a flat head screwdriver and a hammer, 15 minutes of tapping and bye bye CAT converter! Refit stock 'Y' pipe and you're done! 20 minutes all up.

Have done this myself and the exahust definitely runs cooler, deeper sound but have read that there is no power gain from removing a 'free flowing' CAT. However, once it starts getting clogged up then you do see a drop.

Not a bad mod for free.
            [/b]

In that case, i may see if you have an hour free one weekend and just get you to show me!! hehehe

aparently the change in pipe diameter where the cat insides used to be disturbs the exhaust flow and causes a bottleneck, duunno how true this is tho

Comment

the mod list i got for the zx-12 describes removal of the cat concerter via hammer and cold chisel. haven't tried it myself (yet), but it's alleged to give "1-2hp at redline".

and don't you people have jobs to go to? what're you all doing on line at this time of day?
              "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Just make sure the cat is useable later on. It'd be a pain to get a canary and then find you have to source another cat to get over the pits.

Comment

Working...
                X