Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a moped the same as a motorbike?

Gday peeps

Want peoples opinions on a parking fine I got recently..

Now before the bandwagon get going..yes I was parking on a pavement, No I wasnt blocking anyone and yes it was at 10pm on a Friday night, and yep, I`ll gladly pay it as its only $60....anyhew

Wondering if people think its worth a shot, as they have the details (including correct registration) down, but my bikes described as a "moped".
    I was very offended first off (Sheesh I know its a Honda), then I thought it may be a way out of it..

Whats peoples thoughts?

Under road law they're classed as two different vehicles, with two different licenses required to drive them both (well, they're covered under two separate license classes).

You might be able to get out of it on a technicality in court if complaining to the council doesn't work. Court costs are probably going to be more than the $60 fine though.

Comment

Under road law they're classed as two different vehicles, with two different licenses required to drive them both (well, they're covered under two separate license classes).

You might be able to get out of it on a technicality in court if complaining to the council doesn't work. Court costs are probably going to be more than the $60 fine though.
      [/b]
      yeah agreed they're two different classes of drivers licence to drive, however I'll warrant that the complaint if issued to the court will read something like "stood motor vehicle namely blah blah on blah blah street contrary to blah blah signs".

It's the motor vehicle part they'll catch you out on.

Comment

If the fine reads 'moped' and not motorbike or motorvehicle - you might just stand a chance, as long as that is what is written.

Complain to the council saying that you do not own a moped (which is the truth).

Comment

They will amend the fine and send it back.

Has happened to me in the past.

Comment

If it has your rego on it I would assume you are gone unfortunately

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
            your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,

Pretty much what I was thinking, the rego is all good, but it definately says Moped, so was thinking it may be worth a shot.
              Cant see how legaly they can ammend/change the fine though, surely once its issued they cant turn around and say 'whooops sorry, my bad, here have the fine with the right details on now'. As Melkor points out, it may be the bylaw wording thats ambiguous and catches ALL motorvehicles that becomes the clincher.

I think I`ll send a carefully worded letter, and see how it goes. Least I can do is make the buggers earn their $60 in correspondance and time!

Andrew

Comment

Which council was this from by the way?
                By-laws are generally available on the internet.

Comment

i think you are pissing into the wind on that one... get the lube out and take it.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

i think you are pissing into the wind on that one... get the lube out and take it.
                    [/b]
                    I agree, it all comes down to how much is your time worth???????

Goodluck
                    ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                    FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

as kevin bloody wilson says one of his songs, "bend over and take it like a man"!
                      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Can't hurt to write a letter though, I recon try your luck, you just never know
                        Cup o' tea?

Comment

[/b]
                          Dude, you alway seem way too keen to reach for the lube...what gives?

Comment

Dude, you alway seem way too keen to reach for the lube...what gives?
                            [/b]
                            ahh that the Robin we all know and lurve
                            least he wont dry fuck ya

Comment

ahh that the Robin we all know and lurve
                              least he wont dry fuck ya
                              [/b]
                              unlike the department issuing the fine, who will dry fuck ya. then again, they may possibly use lube, but they're likely to throw in a handful of sand, or even crushed glass...
                              or maybe even use valve-grinding paste instead of lube
                              "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Working...
                              X