had a close one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a close one

i could not beleived it. It was a last corner before i turn into my driveway! 0745pm today

STOPPED at the intersection turning left onto a main road, 20m from my driveway off the main road.
    a fair bit of traffic on the right lane, two cars approaching on left lane. Looked right, let the two cars passed, wait 3 seconds, no on coming traffic on left lane-- released clutch.

a red mazda3 hatchback turned onto left lane then it's indicator flasehes. Bike half way into the lane leaning left, seeing car heading straight for me (15m@60-80km/hr))-- slam front BRAKE! car passed and sped away.

bike is leaning against my thigh, loosing grip on handle bar, trying to pull the bike up. A second later arms felt like jelly--bike lying peacefully on the black stuff.

Almost in tears, cursing like a mad cow on a hot day for the next minute while pushing my bike home on the footpath.

assessed the damage, what do you know the oggie did its job.
    the mirror and rear peg got some scatch marks. This turned out to be my lucky day

[attachmentid=1958]

words

[attachmentid=1958]
    [/b]

glad to hear it wasnt too bad, should have he-maned it, or she-ra'd the bike back up and given chase

Comment

glad to hear it wasnt too bad, should have he-maned it, or she-ra'd the bike back up and given chase
      [/b]
      i was just hoping the driver wouldn't comeback and finish off the job

Comment

I'm glad you're ok... always expect extreme stupidity from cagers, and you'll always be prepared when it occurs.

Sprint
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I'm glad you're ok... always expect extreme stupidity from cagers, and you'll always be prepared when it occurs.

Sprint
          [/b]
          it could have been worse and i'm almost home too.

Comment

it could have been worse and i'm almost home too.
            [/b]
            THAT is the most dangerous place... close to home people relax and get careless, not saying you were either of those but its a fact that most accidents occur 2km from home.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Shit dood, you're lucky. And thank fuck for the oggy,

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

THAT is the most dangerous place... close to home people relax and get careless, not saying you were either of those but its a fact that most accidents occur 2km from home.
                [/b]
                Word!!!

That's why I moved

Comment

[/b]

that's probably true. didn't even expect a cager to change into an empty lane.
                  next time i'll just take the footpath to the driveway..

Shit dood, you're lucky. And thank fuck for the oggy,
                  [/b]
                  yep, the oggies has now paid for itself and some. almost didn't get it cause of the hassle of drilling hole into the fairings.

Comment

good escape!

i find a healthy dose of paranoia helps ---- just treat them like they are all out to kill you [at least threequarters of the time you'll be right lol]
                    yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Glad to hear your ok Kha!

Oggies save wallets, thats for sure.

Comment

three cheers for oggys eh

Comment

Atleast you weren't going at any great speed when you dropped the bike!
                          I think we all need to get helmet cams, and give video evidence to the police when these drivers feature in our home movies...

Bikes aren't inherently dangerous - it's the cages around them...

Comment

[/b]
                            Thats very true, (and there are statistics to prove it!) you cannot afford to relax anywhere.

Glad you are okay
                            I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

good to see that your ok YA
                              you are not allowed to die without permission

Comment

Working...
                              X