X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Wrench,

Hello,
    yes as the tittle says,
    i'm looking for the oil filter wrench, or if u have any ideas on how to remove it withouth the tool.
    if u have the tool i can pick it up and drop back when i finish, won't be longer than a day.

thanks

go buy one.. they are like $10-15 or something. you may need it again
    or stab it with a screwdriver

Comment

Lol, where can I buy one from? Ebay but will take week to arrive, and I need it Today

Comment

You urgently need to drop your oil on the side of the road? Did you read the title of this section??!!!!
        It is a ROADSIDE ASSIST SECTION. As in ROADSIDE. Like- on the SIDE of the ROAD. For example- if you BROKE. DOWN. AND. NEEDED. HELP. ON. THE. SIDE. OF. THE. ROAD.
        Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

spose you could try david jones, myer, coles, your local vet...
          but might have better luck with somewhere that sells automotive or motorcycle parts/tools

Comment

So if you broke down at home how do you call that?
            parking state of your vehicle?

Constructive Comments Only..

If you don't have it and come to criticize GTFOH and STFU!
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brendon View Post
              spose you could try david jones, myer, coles, your local vet...
              but might have better luck with somewhere that sells automotive or motorcycle parts/tools
              oh rly? thats why maybe couldn't find at coles and myer, Shushh Might try the automotive tools

Comment

I call that having your bike in a safe, securable area, easily accessible for repairs no matter what is wrong.
                We get notifications so we can come get you and your bike with a trailer or van and take it somewhere safe, as opposed to leaving it on the side of the road as a gift to the local thieves.
                It doesn't matter if it is your main means of transport, if it's at home it's not road side assistance.
                Post in the General Bike section for help.

Ps. Brendon already told you what to do, do you want someone to hold your hand too?
                Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

make one out of a bit of strap and a 3/8 extension and driver.
                  just make sure you turn it the right way
                  other than that you can just go buy one from an auto shop.
                  In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

thread moved, calm down people.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Maybe if your location wasn't 'the moon', someone closer by might offer to help?

Originally posted by Chaos-incarnate View Post
                      I call that having your bike in a safe, securable area, easily accessible for repairs no matter what is wrong.
                      Originally posted by Chaos-incarnate View Post
                      We get notifications so we can come get you and your bike with a trailer or van and take it somewhere safe, as opposed to leaving it on the side of the road as a gift to the local thieves.
                      It doesn't matter if it is your main means of transport, if it's at home it's not road side assistance.

Oh please shut up.
                      Ducati Roadside assist, and RAC will both come to my house and fix the problem.
                      I don't have to push it out onto the road.

Part of being helpful is not being a fucktard.

EDIT: Sorry emrys74, edited it on you . 'Like' may not still apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                        And maybe if you locations wasn't 'the moon', someone closer by might offer to help.
                        Space Cadet?
                        In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

Got one,
                          Close this topic.
                          thanks!

Comment

Rubber gloves should give you more than enough grip generally unless you torqued it on.
                            Buy a strap type filter wrench from AutoPro or Malz or SuperCheap whichever is closer.
                            Or buy a oil filter cap you can fit a spanner on top.
                            OR stab a screwdriver in and just twist it off like Brendon said. Its not like you plan on reusing it right?
                            You want to DIY which is to be applauded IMO but you haven't figured out where to buy one? Tip: The same place you bought the motorcycle engine oil.
                            If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Waits for "Where to buy engine oil" thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X